Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Question about Avril.

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Question about Avril.
Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:11 pm
  • Why haven't they cut him yet? I thought cutting him would save up 5mill+?
    poly1274
    NET Rookie

Re: Question about Avril.
Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:18 pm
  • You clearly don't have sufficient question marks to get this answered.
    --Poster of the Month - April 2018--
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:20 pm
  • ok troll
    poly1274
    NET Rookie

Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:24 pm
  • poly1274 wrote:ok troll

I'm not really trolling, honestly. I mean no ill will. I'm basically just entertaining myself. I love this time of year and also the draft.

I don't think they have to cut him until June and until there is official word they likely won't. If they don't receive any info at all then he'll be out end of May.

Just best guess...
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:32 pm
  • vin.couve12 wrote:
    poly1274 wrote:ok troll

I'm not really trolling, honestly. I mean no ill will. I'm basically just entertaining myself. I love this time of year and also the draft.

I don't think they have to cut him until June and until there is official word they likely won't. If they don't receive any info at all then he'll be out end of May.

Just best guess...

But why would you cut him until June? Many teams would probably be out of money to sign him to a decent contract? I believe that he was one of the main guys that helped us to get a ring, so I believe he should had been cut earlier, so he could see what the market would be for him?
    poly1274
    NET Rookie

Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:37 pm
  • poly1274 wrote:
    vin.couve12 wrote:
    poly1274 wrote:ok troll

Just best guess...

But why would you cut him until June? Many teams would probably be out of money to sign him to a decent contract? I believe that he was one of the main guys that helped us to get a ring, so I believe he should had been cut earlier, so he could see what the market would be for him?

If he can play, which he is trying to do, we still need pass rushers and he could go back to being a pitch hitter/closer.
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:00 pm
  • Injury guarantees. If you cut him while he's hurt, you owe him a bunch of extra money.
    QuickLightning
    NET Rookie

Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:15 pm
  • Why would we cut him so he has time to look around to see what his market is? If he can play, he can go ahead and look around for his car keys and drive to the VMAC for training camp lol
    King Dog
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:22 pm
  • QuickLightning wrote:Injury guarantees. If you cut him while he's hurt, you owe him a bunch of extra money.

What about Sherman's situation?
    poly1274
    NET Rookie

Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:25 pm
  • King Dog wrote:Why would we cut him so he has time to look around to see what his market is? If he can play, he can go ahead and look around for his car keys and drive to the VMAC for training camp lol

Correct me if I'm wrong but same as Sherman, Couldn't they have cut Sherman later on instead before free agency started?
    poly1274
    NET Rookie

Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:12 pm
  • They could have cut him later , but they wanted to be nice and give him the opportunity to go out and make money before all the teams already signed their cornerbacks
    He was injured in the year prior and somehow it allowed them to cut him before he could pass a physical
    I really don't see how its diff from cliff but due to some technicalities it was so they could let him loose and I'm guessing he wasn't buying in so they were ok with doing so to save the cap hit
    I'm pretty sure it's because shermans contract was up and avrils isn't
    What are you
    I'm a mog , half man , half dog
    I'm my own best friend
    hawxfreak
    NET Starter

It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:53 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information