DJ Fluker Visiting G NYG

Str8OuttaSkittles

Reaction score
this position is needed imo young and a big man
[tweet]https://twitter.com/KimJonesSports/status/974287269178769408[/tweet]

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Anal nitpick alert: Would it hurt the OP to properly capitalize thread titles? We're starting to look like a low-rent 4chan up in here. ;)

On topic: Fluker's not that good in pass protection. Not sure about this.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
This team needs a mauling Guard. Enough of this "Athletic Lineman" cap. Let's get a big boy in there that will move people in the running game etc. He just turned 27 two days ago. Get it done.

OP
OP
Str8OuttaSkittles

Str8OuttaSkittles

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2s1y8azn said:
Anal nitpick alert: Would it hurt the OP to properly capitalize thread titles? We're starting to look like a low-rent 4chan up in here. ;)

On topic: Fluker's not that good in pass protection. Not sure about this.
ahah i shall try to improve man brain not functioning its too early :)

Seymour

Reaction score
Doesn't sound like what we are looking for to me???
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ign-offensive-lineman-dj-fluker-one-year-deal
The Chargers' brass liked the energy, enthusiasm and toughness Fluker displayed on game days. However, Fluker struggled at times with speed rushers in pass protection.

Fluker is not a lock for the Giants' starting lineup, as he was ranked 54th out of 72 qualifying guards in Pro Football Focus' rankings this season, with a 63.7 grade. His 46.0 run-blocking grade was among the 11th-lowest among guards.

Seymour

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1pubcz9k said:
Nah, better O Line coach now, he'll be fine.

Better coach? Solari actually was his coach in NY I believe.

original poster

Reaction score
As I understand he's shocking in pass protection and average at best in run blocking.

Seymour

Reaction score
original poster":3m054570 said:
As I understand he's shocking in pass protection and average at best in run blocking.

Is shocking good or bad? :?:

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Sign all the o-linemen they can find. Even the ones that haven't played in years and are currently driving beer trucks. Let them battle it out in training camp then keep whoever is left standing.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
That's not what they are talking about on 710. Sounds like he's good in run blocking, not so much in pass blocking. Can't be any worse than the swiss cheese they have had in front of Russ.

Seymour

Reaction score
kf3339":3qhw8eto said:
Personally hope they bring in Justin Pugh.

That was my first choice....but injury history there is a minus so I've cooled on him.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Seymour":sd36zznm said:
SoulfishHawk":sd36zznm said:
Nah, better O Line coach now, he'll be fine.

Better coach? Solari actually was his coach in NY I believe.
I had very briefly tried to look for OL who played for him and were decent free agents specifically because that's usually the way it works. Wouldn't be surprised if this happens. I didn't consider Fluker, but....probably.

sutz

Reaction score
If we truly are going back to "Pete Carroll" football, than run blocking will be emphasized over pass blocking.

The philosophy being that if you can run well, you get that extra half-step in the passing game from play action. The inability to run over the last couple of years kind of scotched that, as nobody respected our run game enough to make it happen.

Under that idea, sounds like Fluker would fit right in.

kf3339

Reaction score
Seymour":13gmpgay said:
kf3339":13gmpgay said:

That was my first choice....but injury history there is a minus so I've cooled on him.

I saw a report that his medicals checked out clean. I would at least bring him in and let our doctors make a decision for themselves. He doesn't seem to be drawing much interest yet, so perhaps we could get a good value deal!

Seymour

Reaction score
kf3339":1kuo0clb said:
Seymour":1kuo0clb said:
kf3339":1kuo0clb said:

I saw a report that his medicals checked out clean. I would at least bring him in and let our doctors make a decision for themselves. He doesn't seem to be drawing much interest yet, so perhaps we could get a good value deal!

I'm good with that as long as those aren't the same doctors that checked out Harvin . ;)

kf3339

Reaction score
Seymour":333jxvya said:
kf3339":333jxvya said:
Seymour":333jxvya said:
kf3339":333jxvya said:

I'm good with that as long as those aren't the same doctors that checked out Harvin . ;)

:irishdrinkers:

Latest posts