Should we go ahead and try signing someone?

King Dog

Reaction score
I mean it's fun getting rid of a bunch of our players but should we give signing someone a try?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Lol, free agency literally started yesterday, relax.

This is the first wave of insane contracts handed out like Tic Tacs by teams with FAR more cap space than we have.....especially ones desperate for QB's.

We'll be active, but not until the 2nd and 3rd wave, that's more our market of free agents this year.

Seymour

Reaction score
I'll sign for vet minimum if you would like? :irishdrinkers:

Hyak

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2e1ym0cp said:
Hawks fans are hilarious. Every time a player signs with another team, freak out time.....

Literally almost every NFL team message board is like this for teams that do the prudent thing and sit out the funny money wave of FA.

adeltaY

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":w7y561lx said:
I'd rather they wait out the first wave.

Unless we had Jags money, I agree. Their blockbuster FA signings were HUGE for improving their defense.

Sign37now

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1fpyjrpa said:
Not today when the price tags are moronic.

Ditto. You see what the Vikings paid for Kirk Cousins? Something like three years 84 million, all guaranteed. that's INSANE!

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Seattle never signs free agents this soon. They wait for second-hand players like Lacy, Joeckel, and Walsh.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
I really feel like we need to get an O-lineman. Don't really feel good about this group of guys, it would also be nice if we got a receiver. I feel like Wilson is capable of carrying this team, we just need to give him the right tools to do so. There are a few good guys out there, and I feel like we should try to sign them. I don't think that this season needs to be a losing season. With some retooling on offense, I think we could have a balanced team. For all of the FO's faults in the last few years, they have been good at finding defensive talent. While our team may not be the best defense in the NFL anymore, I think we are still top 12, even with the loss of guys such as Bennett and Sherman.

That being said, I say this year we should try revamping our offense. Get some good lineman, get a serviceable receiver and tight end. We don't need to aim for the stars here. If somebody like Nelson would come at a decent price I think we should do it. He could be that redzone threat we need to replace Jimmy Graham. There are also a good selections of TE's in the FA. Maybe we pick up somebody lower down on the list like ASJ on a prove it deal.

What I'm getting at is with the right moves we could be competitive this year. We just need to bring in the right veteran talent. We should really focus on getting a good lineman, and then after that a receiver that is serviceable. Not really impressed with Lockett as a number two receiver. We don't have any good red-zone threats either. We lost that when Richardson, and Graham left. We don't need a star receiver, we need somebody that is serviceable ala' Joe Jurvicious. That is why I would be okay with somebody like Nelson coming over for the right price. Definitely past his prime, but he could still be a chain mover for us, and physical presence in the end zone.

We don't need heroes or star power, we need men in the trenches and role players. If we achieve these two things in free agency I think our offense is in a good spot, even with somebody like Chris Carson as our running back.

RCATES

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2pe4s08w said:
Seattle never signs free agents this soon. They wait for second-hand players like Lacy, Joeckel, and Walsh.

Lol that's depressing. Granted they did find Avril and MB in the 2nd tier.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":rsahlx5u said:
I really feel like we need to get an O-lineman. Don't really feel good about this group of guys <snip>.

On the other hand, we've never seen this group of guys with a competent O-line coach.

Latest posts