Paul Richardson Deal with the Redskins

original poster

Reaction score
Looks like Paul Richardson will sign with the Washington Redskins.

$40M, 5 years, $20M guaranteed. $8M APY.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/973609678516178945[/tweet]

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, Clayton said 5 years, 40 mil, with 20 guaranteed. Even that is way too much imo.
Wow, so glad we didn't do that contract. Between Sheldon R, P-Rich and Graham. If they all get big $ contracts, that's THREE comp picks in the 3rd round right there. 2019 could end up being a very good draft.

Hass2Carlson

Reaction score
Free agency is warped. It’s never about talent- it’s who signs last gets the most

drrew

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":ecj1v9ui said:
Yeah, Clayton said 5 years, 40 mil, with 20 guaranteed. Even that is way too much imo.
Wow, so glad we didn't do that contract. Between Sheldon R, P-Rich and Graham. If they all get big $ contracts, that's THREE comp picks in the 3rd round right there. 2019 could end up being a very good draft.

$8m a year in this market won't get them a 3rd, but a 4th isn't out of the question.

mistaowen

Reaction score
These enormous contracts to FA wide receivers with a ton of guaranteed money are absurd.

Good for Paul I guess? Doesn't really have a QB who can utilize his deep speed. Redskins looking at a 4 win season.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'm just going by what Clayton said. Plus, when I posted, someone had said it was 4 years, 40 mil :)
At least we'll get a good comp pick. For sure they will get a 3rd for Sheldon. And hopefully someone overpays Graham.

Seymour

Reaction score
Damn! Well good for Paul. No way we come close to that.

Wish him all the best personally.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Sixteen touchdowns out the door. Hope you can come through, David Moore.

pcbball12

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":tjsi9tgi said:
Ya, everyone knows your roster always looks the same as it does before day 1 of FA even starts. And how could we ever replace production? Because someone replacing a player will equate to zero production right? You would have paid Richardson $8mil a year? No way. He’s a decent receiver, but completely replaceable. Especially if we are just talking statistical production. Which is what you always bring up.

Seymour

Reaction score
pcbball12":14b55pyn said:
MontanaHawk05":14b55pyn said:
Ya, everyone knows your roster always looks the same as it does before day 1 of FA even starts. And how could we ever replace production? Because someone replacing a player will equate to zero production right? You would have paid Richardson $8mil a year? No way. He’s a decent receiver, but completely replaceable. Especially if we are just talking statistical production. Which is what you always bring up.

Someone gets it. It is only 16TD's out the door if zero come back in to replace them.

I'm not worried...and same goes for Graham!

2005 Seahawks...Shawn Alexander 28 TD's.
2017 Seahawks....all RB's combined 2 TD's.

Any idea where we can make these up people???? :roll:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Paul's gonna get one million for every time he's on the personal injury report as doubtful.

Rat

Reaction score
I would have matched that easily. This is a big loss. I'd much, much rather have Prich than Lockett.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Rat":1u0vas5d said:
I would have matched that easily. This is a big loss. I'd much, much rather have Prich than Lockett.

Its to early to be smokin'.....

HLiCBtk

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Rat":2l2ib8jc said:
Not me. Tyler is way more versatile than Paul is.