DeMarco Murray visiting

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/973355705553039360[/tweet]

nanomoz

Reaction score
I'm having Julius Jones flashbacks.

If they don't take advantage of this RB draft class, I'm going to crap out at least 3 vital organs.

Know that I loved you.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Not a fan of his. He's got no lateral quickness and no stop/start. Great in the open field, but a wind up runner that needs a good 5 yards of momentum to be useful. He flat out sucks if the OL doesn't block near perfect to the hole called.

Which probably means he's a Hawk Wednesday...

sdog1981

Reaction score
ducks41468":3v4gelhc said:
I hear Priest Holmes and Warrick Dunn are visiting too.

That is the running back tandem of 2004 lol.

StaffAmerica74

Reaction score
Murray was good the last 2 years... hell he was good every year that he wasn't in philly.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
StaffAmerica74":2kijjnn9 said:
Murray was good the last 2 years... hell he was good every year that he wasn't in philly.
Murray was awful last year. He clearly has lost a step, and he was pretty beat up throughout the year. Gotta give it to him though, he played through a lot of his injuries. He's a warrior.

If you take away his big TD run against Hawks, he was probably pretty close to a sub 3 YPC average.

EDIT
I just looked. Take away that big run, and he had 584 yards on 183 carries for a 3.2 average.

pcbball12

Reaction score
I don’t understand why people get all up in arms for a guy visiting. Even if he is signed, at this point it doesn’t mean anything in the direction of the team. The goal right now is to get the best 90 guys into camp that you can. Signing a guy does not mean they won’t address that position in the draft. A lot of times with this front office it actually means the opposite. They are huge fans of hedging their draft needs with vets in free agency prior to the draft.

If he comes on the cheap, with a mostly non guaranteed co tract, I’d be all for bringing him into camp. Still draft a guy, but why not let him come into camp and let him compete. I think a big thing with the change that is taking place is getting back to the always compete theory. Bring in a bunch of talent in your 90 man camp and let them truly compete for their jobs.

Rat

Reaction score
If we're going to go the FA route, I'd have more interest in Carlos Hyde, Jeremy Hill, Dion Lewis, or Rex Burkhead, but Murray could probably be ok depending on the price.

chris98251

Reaction score
pcbball12":1hvqd9tc said:
I don’t understand why people get all up in arms for a guy visiting. Even if he is signed, at this point it doesn’t mean anything in the direction of the team. The goal right now is to get the best 90 guys into camp that you can. Signing a guy does not mean they won’t address that position in the draft. A lot of times with this front office it actually means the opposite. They are huge fans of hedging their draft needs with vets in free agency prior to the draft.

If he comes on the cheap, with a mostly non guaranteed co tract, I’d be all for bringing him into camp. Still draft a guy, but why not let him come into camp and let him compete. I think a big thing with the change that is taking place is getting back to the always compete theory. Bring in a bunch of talent in your 90 man camp and let them truly compete for their jobs.

Because we signed Eddy Lacy and Cary Williams when they visited.

pcbball12

Reaction score
chris98251":mo5zbr0m said:
pcbball12":mo5zbr0m said:

Ok, Cary was a terrible player his entire career and Eddie was overweight and injury prone. Demarco has been very good everywhere by Philly. He’s a good player. People are assuming we are in full rebuild mode because we released/traded Sherm and Bennett so we couldn’t possibly sign a player that isn’t young. They are still going to bring in the most talent they can into camp within their financial model. If they could get Demarco in camp for a cheap deal without a lot of guarantees, that is not a bad thing. If there are a lot of guarantees then I agree, forget about it.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
What an uninspiring pick up that would be. If we're going into the used up bin id rather Stewart, at least he looked like he had some legs last year.

chris98251

Reaction score
pcbball12":3cujho8e said:
chris98251":3cujho8e said:
pcbball12":3cujho8e said:

Ok, Cary was a terrible player his entire career and Eddie was overweight and injury prone. Demarco has been very good everywhere by Philly. He’s a good player. People are assuming we are in full rebuild mode because we released/traded Sherm and Bennett so we couldn’t possibly sign a player that isn’t young. They are still going to bring in the most talent they can into camp within their financial model. If they could get Demarco in camp for a cheap deal without a lot of guarantees, that is not a bad thing. If there are a lot of guarantees then I agree, forget about it.

You asked why..................

Also check again at the amount of players that are possibly gone, you have to throw in Avril and Kam and Graham and then all the tendered players that we are dangling for draft picks being tendered.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
nanomoz":3kb0dsob said:
I'm having Julius Jones flashbacks.

If they don't take advantage of this RB draft class, I'm going to shit out at least 3 vital organs.

Know that I loved you.
ha ha.

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

warden

Reaction score
Murray seems to be on the market a lot, first Dallas, then Philadelphia, then Titans, now FA again. A big warning sign

12forlife

Reaction score
Rat":cyvze3g7 said:
If we're going to go the FA route, I'd have more interest in Carlos Hyde, Jeremy Hill, Dion Lewis, or Rex Burkhead, but Murray could probably be ok depending on the price.

I imagine they bring in one FA RB on the cheap for camp competition. As far as "cheap" camp flutter Murray I don't see working slow north/south runner, but can catch. I would much rather they kick the tires on Hyde, Blount, Stewart. I feel Burkhead is to much the same guy as Mckissic.
I like the Idea of Carson, M Davis if cheap enough & McKissic, and draft a guy they covet, and bring in another 1-2 UDFA, get them in camp and see who is standing when the dust settles!

original poster

Reaction score
When we eventually sign a RB in free agency (and we will, I'm 99% certain of that) I still firmly believe we will attack the draft depth, too. I'm most inclined to believe we will end up with one outside RB in FA and 2 in the draft.