Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Ndamukong Suh A Ram (Sefarian-Jenkins signs with Jags)

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13

Re: suh dude!!
Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:40 am
  • It's a workout, it's 5 AM, he says stay tuned for some exciting news going on. Pete and John stay ahead of us fans, Bennett's gone and Pete still bolsters the defense by potentially signing Suh. Nasty player that can back it up! I'll bet this is announced by the end of the day.
    SpokaneHawks
    NET Rookie

Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:41 am
  • Suh over Sheldon would be a huge win for the FO. We should be able to get him for similar $ to Richardson but we gain a 3rd or 4th rd comp pick when Richardson walks and Suh won't negate that. Plus he'd add some nasty to this defense.
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:43 am
  • man ima be happy as a pig in mud although i think he trains here offseason? idk but this would be huge he a beast
    “Well, they’re going to have to stop all of us. You feel me. I’m a piece to it, but we’ve got some dogs.”
    Str8OuttaSkittles
    NET Starter

Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:54 am
  • If they sign Suh at age 31 after dumping Bennett at 32, that would pretty much squash the "getting younger" excuse for Bennett.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:00 am
  • Terrible idea. Why some of you aren't aware that Suh is locker room cancer, I have no idea.
    ImageImageImageImageImage
    WhyDidntWeRun.jpg
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:03 am
  • Crizilla wrote:Terrible idea. Why some of you aren't aware that Suh is locker room cancer, I have no idea.

Who is not aware of that?
    That won't stop Pete. Sheldon Richardson was too.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:06 am
  • Seymour wrote:If they sign Suh at age 31 after dumping Bennett at 32, that would pretty much squash the "getting younger" excuse for Bennett.

Well, it IS younger :mrgreen:
    Hawk Finn
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:06 am
  • With Bennett out we need that type of player ... Our DL would look sharp and nasty IMO
    PaVloVa!8
    NET Bench Warmer

Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:10 am
  • Seymour wrote:If they sign Suh at age 31 after dumping Bennett at 32, that would pretty much squash the "getting younger" excuse for Bennett.

Big difference in the roles that they play. A DE can lose a step, while a DT just needs to be a roadblock in the middle. Him next to Jarran Reed, oh lawd!
    "Practice without improvement is meaningless" - Chuck Knox
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:16 am
  • ^^ that would be a sight have a feeling today gonna be a good day #gohawks
    “Well, they’re going to have to stop all of us. You feel me. I’m a piece to it, but we’ve got some dogs.”
    Str8OuttaSkittles
    NET Starter

Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:16 am
  • Would totall heart this pick-up. I had no idea he was a FA. How many years ago was Seattle in talks with Suh? We we lookin to aquire him awhile back.
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:18 am
  • I suspect it is a trade up from Richardson, not a massive trade up.

We tend to do better with the 2nd tier FA guys. Lynch, Avril and Bennett were not heralded studs when they came over. They were guys that were somewhat overlooked on teams that were not doing as well as they could.

Not sure Suh fits that dynamic and it feels like he didn't have the impact I expected of him in Miami. But I honestly have not seen more than a few Miami games so maybe that is fixable. So maybe someone can enlighten me as to his ability right now?

It still feels like we are switching guys that we know for guys we don't and not getting a massive dollar saving in doing so. But at least they are doing something.

For what we do, I would still probably prefer a Bennett over Suh but a Suh over Ricardson if the #s are comparable in dollars is probably a decent risk.

I don't think Suh was so much a 'cancer' as a sometimes dirty player. Then again, playing the Rams a few times each year we probably owe them a little dirty play.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:20 am
  • 2_0_6 wrote:
    Seymour wrote:If they sign Suh at age 31 after dumping Bennett at 32, that would pretty much squash the "getting younger" excuse for Bennett.

Big difference in the roles that they play. A DE can lose a step, while a DT just needs to be a roadblock in the middle. Him next to Jarran Reed, oh lawd!

Bennett played BOTH inside and outside though.

Point is, dumping Bennett was not about age or even money. For $2M more dollars, we could have had him this season. That is a ridiculous deal to give away to another team.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:22 am
  • I approve. He's a dog. He's a disrupter, let's do it.
    KARAVARUS
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:23 am
  • Seymour wrote:
    2_0_6 wrote:
    Seymour wrote:If they sign Suh at age 31 after dumping Bennett at 32, that would pretty much squash the "getting younger" excuse for Bennett.

Bennett played BOTH inside and outside though.

Point is, dumping Bennett was not about age or even money. For $2M more dollars, we could have had him this season. That is a ridiculous deal to give away to another team.

32 years old who causes drama in the locker room and has two bad feet.
    "Practice without improvement is meaningless" - Chuck Knox
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:25 am
  • Hell yes, bring him in. Fans are gonna' whine anyway. He's a great player, still.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:26 am
  • Suh has wanted to play for the Hawks his entire career. Interesting....
    --Poster of the Month - April 2018--
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:32 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Hell yes, bring him in. Fans are gonna' whine anyway. He's a great player, still.

Goff and Garoppolo are going to be whining too after Suh steps on their pencil necks. :twisted: :rumble:
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:33 am
  • Worth the 15 yards :lol:
    Last edited by SoulfishHawk on Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:37 am
  • NW guy, wouldn't lose a comp pick signing him, still very disruptive. Interior pressure is the name of the game, team has never had issues getting pressure on the outside. No nagging injury history either so even though he's 31, he likely can still be a brawler for a few years. Calais Campbell is still a monster, lets do it.

*Edit - maybe Sheldon wants to live in the backfield with Suh for the next few years and would take a lesser contract :stirthepot: :stirthepot:
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:43 am
  • Lol, you're all tired of Bennett's "distractions" but you want Suh? I don't want to hear about your "football reasons" ever again. That's some blatant bs.
    WindCityHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:52 am
  • WindCityHawk wrote:Lol, you're all tired of Bennett's "distractions" but you want Suh? I don't want to hear about your "football reasons" ever again. That's some blatant bs.

Bennett’s distractions were all off the field. Suh’s distractions are because he’s a dick on the field. Yes please!
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:53 am
  • WindCityHawk wrote:Lol, you're all tired of Bennett's "distractions" but you want Suh? I don't want to hear about your "football reasons" ever again. That's some blatant bs.

Oh everyone knows what it's really about. Check out what happened to Neiko Thorpe and Mike Tyson.

Tax dollars? lol
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:55 am
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    WindCityHawk wrote:Lol, you're all tired of Bennett's "distractions" but you want Suh? I don't want to hear about your "football reasons" ever again. That's some blatant bs.

Bennett’s distractions were all off the field. Suh’s distractions are because he’s a dick on the field. Yes please!

Exactly. Big difference between hating on opposing players and hating on a fair percentage of your own fans.

I'm not certain I'm for this deal given his likely cost, buy I am open to the idea.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:56 am

When was Bennett a distraction on the field?

His chirping on Twitter and distractions were all off the field, not the same as Suh. Suh's distractions are about his dirty play on the field...............which I'm not saying those are not distractions, they certainly are.

But IMO it's not a fair comparison.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Re: suh dude!! sef jenkins too?
Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:57 am
  • Str8OuttaSkittles wrote:https://twitter.com/NdamukongSuh/status/973191918602674176
    this would be a start has the dog in him
    asj also in seattle https://twitter.com/Softykjr/status/973222866966622208

ASJ = Fit so well compare to Graham style ...
    PaVloVa!8
    NET Bench Warmer

Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:59 am
  • Technically ASJ being in Seattle isn't odd. It's just odd timing. lol

Or maybe good timing. An all purpose athletic Y TE isn't really common.
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:59 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    WindCityHawk wrote:Lol, you're all tired of Bennett's "distractions" but you want Suh? I don't want to hear about your "football reasons" ever again. That's some blatant bs.

His chirping on Twitter and distractions were all off the field, not the same as Suh. Suh's distractions are about his dirty play on the field...............which I'm not saying those are not distractions, they certainly are.

You could argue his constant poor sportsmanship in losses, diving at players knees etc. are dirty as well. He did play hard though. I haven't followed Suh enough to know about his effort or if he is still dirty. He is an elite talent though so I would be ok with it for sure.
    austinslater25
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:13 am
  • I'll take suh.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:21 am
  • I think we all saw ASJ coming. He is a risk through for the obvious reasons.

The thing is, for even the solid version of ASJ, is switching out Graham for that ASJ a trade up?

And how much do we even end up saving by switching the 2 players?

Say what you want about the alligator arms but Graham was a guy that got a lot of attention in the RZ. That opened up other players and he also caught a lot of balls for TDs while covered.

Those are big shoes to fill.

The Suh thing is also puzzling. I still think Bennett is a better fit here because he can be a DT and DE, and his QB pressure rate is pretty damned high. But he isn't here so at least we are trying something.

We really don't have a great track record with the upper tier FAs though. FAs that get big money tend to end up being guys in hindsight that we wish we did something else with. But, I suppose you could say with this many misses in FA over the years - we are probably due for one to work out for us?
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:23 am
  • In reading the ESPN article it seems the Dolphin's would be dumb to cut Suh before June 1st. According to the article, "Suh's release also will take a large contract off Miami's books. Suh carried a salary-cap number of $26.1 million for the 2018 season, including a base salary of $16.985 million.If Suh is designated as a post-June 1 cut, the team would save $17 million against the 2018 salary cap. Releasing Suh now would save the Dolphins just $3.9 million against the cap."

So... false alarm? Maybe they're that dumb?
    InadvertentSmell
    NET Bench Warmer

Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:25 am
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:25 am
  • InadvertentSmell wrote:In reading the ESPN article it seems the Dolphin's would be dumb to cut Suh before June 1st. According to the article, "Suh's release also will take a large contract off Miami's books. Suh carried a salary-cap number of $26.1 million for the 2018 season, including a base salary of $16.985 million.If Suh is designated as a post-June 1 cut, the team would save $17 million against the 2018 salary cap. Releasing Suh now would save the Dolphins just $3.9 million against the cap."

I bought up this point on Twitter earlier.

With cutting him before June 1st simply means you don't pay for it in 2019.

They're no worse or better off. Its simply how the cap charge is split.
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:26 am
  • InadvertentSmell wrote:In reading the ESPN article it seems the Dolphin's would be dumb to cut Suh before June 1st. According to the article, "Suh's release also will take a large contract off Miami's books. Suh carried a salary-cap number of $26.1 million for the 2018 season, including a base salary of $16.985 million.If Suh is designated as a post-June 1 cut, the team would save $17 million against the 2018 salary cap. Releasing Suh now would save the Dolphins just $3.9 million against the cap."

They can release him now but have him designated as a post June cut for bookkeeping purposes.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:26 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:

Really?

Bennett wasn't the most disciplined player on the field.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:27 am

Sounds like it is happening today to me....

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/dolphins-reportedly-set-to-release-superstar-ndamukong-suh-seeking-culture-change/
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:28 am
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    InadvertentSmell wrote:In reading the ESPN article it seems the Dolphin's would be dumb to cut Suh before June 1st. According to the article, "Suh's release also will take a large contract off Miami's books. Suh carried a salary-cap number of $26.1 million for the 2018 season, including a base salary of $16.985 million.If Suh is designated as a post-June 1 cut, the team would save $17 million against the 2018 salary cap. Releasing Suh now would save the Dolphins just $3.9 million against the cap."

They can release him now but have him designated as a post June cut for bookkeeping purposes.

Are you 100% sure on that?

If that is the case, they certainly don't get the cap relief until June 1st (well, May 12th, but it's known as June 1st).
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:29 am
  • TwistedHusky wrote:I think we all saw ASJ coming. He is a risk through for the obvious reasons.

The thing is, for even the solid version of ASJ, is switching out Graham for that ASJ a trade up?

And how much do we even end up saving by switching the 2 players?

Graham will get what, 10 mil a year? I cant see ASJ getting near that. His last salary was just over 4mill a year.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:30 am
  • No thanks. Just pushes the rebuild back another few years. This team has sustained too many losses and has put itself in a terrible situation by making terrible trades and giving up too much draft capital. They need to continue to clean house this year of bad contracts and get younger. They will be in much better position in next years draft and have plenty of cap space to reload this team for another run. You don't break away from MB and Sherm and then do this. They are simply not going to be able to compete this year with the NFC elite.
    RCATES
    NET Starter

Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:30 am
  • original poster wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:
    InadvertentSmell wrote:In reading the ESPN article it seems the Dolphin's would be dumb to cut Suh before June 1st. According to the article, "Suh's release also will take a large contract off Miami's books. Suh carried a salary-cap number of $26.1 million for the 2018 season, including a base salary of $16.985 million.If Suh is designated as a post-June 1 cut, the team would save $17 million against the 2018 salary cap. Releasing Suh now would save the Dolphins just $3.9 million against the cap."

Are you 100% sure on that?

If that is the case, they certainly don't get the cap relief until June 1st (well, May 12th, but it's known as June 1st).

The league allows each team to designate up to two players per year as a June 1 cut for cap purposes prior to June 1. It’s the one concession that was given to the players as it allows a player to be cut in March and have time to explore free agency but have his cap hit spread out over two seasons, thus creating more cap space in the current year.

https://overthecap.com/explaining-the-j ... signation/
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:32 am

Well not really - the dead cap is the dead cap, you can't make it go away by deferring it to a post-1 June cut. They have a dead cap number of $22.2m. If they cut him today they have it all on their books today. But if they cut him in June they have dead cap of $9.1m this year and $13.1m next year.
    themunn
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:36 am
  • themunn wrote:

Well not really - the dead cap is the dead cap, you can't make it go away by deferring it to a post-1 June cut. They have a dead cap number of $22.2m. If they cut him today they have it all on their books today. But if they cut him in June they have dead cap of $9.1m this year and $13.1m next year.

I'm just quoting the ESPN article. I honestly don't know how this works. I hope he joins the fold!
    InadvertentSmell
    NET Bench Warmer

Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:37 am
  • RCATES wrote:No thanks. Just pushes the rebuild back another few years. This team has sustained too many losses and has put itself in a terrible situation by making terrible trades and giving up too much draft capital. They need to continue to clean house this year of bad contracts and get younger. They will be in much better position in next years draft and have plenty of cap space to reload this team for another run. You don't break away from MB and Sherm and then do this. They are simply not going to be able to compete this year with the NFC elite.

I dont get this...

MB and Sherman being traded/released are not signs of a rebuild..

Both are aging vets with long histories of disruption and now are coming off injury. At no point did someone say "lets replace them with young guys"

Why can't replacing them with "healthy bodies and different attitudes" be a part of the change while still continuing the culture of being competitive?
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:39 am
  • themunn wrote:

This. They may just want to get it out of the way in 1 year rather than kill 2019 as well. Also, there is talk about drafting a QB and moving on from Tanehill.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:45 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    RCATES wrote:No thanks. Just pushes the rebuild back another few years. This team has sustained too many losses and has put itself in a terrible situation by making terrible trades and giving up too much draft capital. They need to continue to clean house this year of bad contracts and get younger. They will be in much better position in next years draft and have plenty of cap space to reload this team for another run. You don't break away from MB and Sherm and then do this. They are simply not going to be able to compete this year with the NFC elite.

I dont get this...

Both are aging vets with long histories of disruption and now are coming off injury. At no point did someone say "lets replace them with young guys"

Why can't replacing them with "healthy bodies and different attitudes" be a part of the change while still continuing the culture of being competitive?

Come on now. Suh is a head case who's been suspended multiple times. He's worse then MB and Sherman combined.
    RCATES
    NET Starter

Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:46 am
  • RCATES wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    RCATES wrote:No thanks. Just pushes the rebuild back another few years. This team has sustained too many losses and has put itself in a terrible situation by making terrible trades and giving up too much draft capital. They need to continue to clean house this year of bad contracts and get younger. They will be in much better position in next years draft and have plenty of cap space to reload this team for another run. You don't break away from MB and Sherm and then do this. They are simply not going to be able to compete this year with the NFC elite.

I dont get this...

Come on now. Suh is a head case who's been suspended multiple times. He's worse then MB and Sherman combined.

That's not the issue with Sherman and Bennett though, is it?

They (Sherman certainly) started to sour on the Seahawks culture, or were atleast demonstrating less commitment to it.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:49 am
  • RCATES wrote:

He’s only been suspended once. For two games. The only games he’s missed in his career.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:50 am
  • JSeahawks wrote:

Miami is taking a huge financial hit to release him because he's allegedly a locker room cancer. But we're welcoming him with open arms.
    WindCityHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:53 am
  • WindCityHawk wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:

Miami is taking a huge financial hit to release him because he's allegedly a locker room cancer. But we're welcoming him with open arms.

The hypocrisy in on this board is staggering. Just admit some of your biases folks ("biases" being the nice word).

It's bananas.

"Won't miss those 5 yard offsides negatiting a 3rd and 5"

same breath

"But I am looking forward to 15 yard unnecessary roughness and unsportsmanlike conduct penalties with a dash of injured opposing players thrown in for good measure. And if it's the first game of the season and their starting QB, even better."
    mrt144
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:52 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information