What The Heck

hawks85

Reaction score
I have been working a lot and hearing the news and it unfolds. What the hell is going on with this team? Matter of fact go ahead coach release everybody and lets start over.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Steve2222":1gfmiol1 said:
Getting younger and cheaper. It’s a good thing.

Only if those players are elite. The coaching must also be good. The Browns have a very young team and a crap coach and we saw how that worked out. Thankfully, our HC is amazing at coaching up defensive youngsters. That leaves the offense...especially the line.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
adeltaY":2chjosul said:
Steve2222":2chjosul said:

Only if those players are elite. The coaching must also be good. The Browns have a very young team and a crap coach and we saw how that worked out. Thankfully, our HC is amazing at coaching up defensive youngsters. That leaves the offense...especially the line.

Yeah. I am very optimistic on what the team has done so far but if they can not fix the OL, everything is moot.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Yeah dude. Honestly I think if we can get the OL to be good, that will by itself make up for the losses on defense. Just have such a hard time seeing that happening.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
It’s early yet.

So far the team has made themselves very flexible as far as the future and their cap positions now.

Let’s see what happen next before deciding the sky is falling. Free agency starts Monday for our own and Wednesday for the outsiders from our team.

Expect more surprising changes. These responses are the result of an aging D they concluded had become too expensive, and injury prone.

AF_BASS_MAN

Reaction score
Anybody that didn’t see these changes coming was walking around with blinders on...

It was evident that we were going to go through a degree of “rebuilding” this off-season.

Besides Sherm and Bennett, Chancellor is as good as gone, Earl is reportedly being shopped on the trade market, and I imagine more moves will be made that won’t put smiles on our faces either.

Since our last SB appearance, it was painstakingly obvious that our formula for success wasn’t working anymore, and that changes were inevitable. I for one am glad they are finally happening so that we can start to right this ship again.

It is disappointing seeing Sherman sign with the 49ers though. More so to me because that means that he did so BEFORE visiting any other teams, and likely indicates that he wanted a shot to beat us twice a year and piss the Hawks off by intercepting RW3 multiple times every year. He obviously now sees us as the enemy and will be playing with a huge chip on his shoulder, which we all know is what he thrives on.

And he knows EVERYTHING about us.....so Shanahan now knows everything about us.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Tusc2000":jdsogh1u said:
Steve2222":jdsogh1u said:

Good for what? Going 7-9? :pukeface:

Sometimes you have to take one step back to take two steps forward. Anyways, QBs like Wilson and Rodgers are good for at least 9 wins every year no matter how ****y the team is. We saw that last year.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Steve2222":2qqjpbub said:
Tusc2000":2qqjpbub said:
Steve2222":2qqjpbub said:

Good for what? Going 7-9? :pukeface:

Sometimes you have to take one step back to take two steps forward. Anyways, QBs like Wilson and Rodgers are good for at least 9 wins every year no matter how ****y the team is. We saw that last year.

Brees was stuck at 7-9 for a few years in a row.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
AF_BASS_MAN":22wmcr69 said:
Since our last SB appearance, it was painstakingly obvious that our formula for success wasn’t working anymore

Yeah, going to the playoffs every year clearly indicated problems with the front office's strategy.