TE Position

OP
OP
vin.couve12

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Willson is obviously in play.

Trey Burton is probably expensive, but plays Move TE and FB to potentially Vannett's Y TE.

ASJ is a big arse gamble.

Eifert is injured all the time.

Ed Dickson for maybe a 1 year contract? Meh....

Seems like some like Toilolo.

I don't know much about who's in the draft here. Anyone else have a feel for that?

OP
OP
vin.couve12

vin.couve12

Reaction score
taz291819":sjdyx5vm said:
I posted in the NCAA forum about Hayden Hurst. Was a pro-baseball player, walked on to South Carolina and made the team. Great hands, good blocker, very mature, straight-up team player.

Highlights:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqhFG2IxqGI
So you're talking high draft pick then. Is this guy a priority over OL, DL, RB, etc? I'd say more so than RB because of Carson, but.....just asking. How are you prioritizing?

Str8OuttaSkittles

Reaction score
seferian jenkins hes young at 25 mid 4.5 40 yd dash great jumper but im afraid his price might be too high for us @ around $8 mil

A-Dog

Reaction score
Word is Jets offering 2 years $8M, ASJ looking for 2/$12M.

Maybe we can get him at 2/$10M? That would be worth the risk IMO.

OP
OP
vin.couve12

vin.couve12

Reaction score
ASJ is frustrating. Literally has every tool, but has also been kind of a tool. 2 year contract is a maybe if we can potentially cut him year two with no dead money if he's in jail or whatever.

King Dog

Reaction score
I watched some interviews with ASJ last season and was impressed. Seems to have turned things around. Arrow is definitely pointing up at the moment.

OP
OP
vin.couve12

vin.couve12

Reaction score
King Dog":1lprgpx3 said:
I watched some interviews with ASJ last season and was impressed. Seems to have turned things around. Arrow is definitely pointing up at the moment.
Well...a well structured 2 year sounds good in a lot of ways. Even at 6 mil per, thats a lot better than what we were paying Lukey and Dookey combined.

King Dog

Reaction score
vin.couve12":2o9kt5pk said:
King Dog":2o9kt5pk said:
Well...a well structured 2 year sounds good in a lot of ways. Even at 6 mil per, thats a lot better than what we were paying Lukey and Dookey combined.

What caught my attention in those interviews was how much he's committed himself to become a better blocker. Sounded good anyway lol

OP
OP
vin.couve12

vin.couve12

Reaction score
King Dog":3fhw0v9q said:
vin.couve12":3fhw0v9q said:
King Dog":3fhw0v9q said:

What caught my attention in those interviews was how much he's committed himself to become a better blocker. Sounded good anyway lol
Yeah, it would be a starter penciled in too. Vannett, Swoops and then maybe another 5th rounder and a couple UDFAs. I could see it going that way....

OP
OP
vin.couve12

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Hawks staff might be checking out Dissley today at the UW pro day. Supposedly the Hawks are well represented there, but that's normal.

David Wells from SDSU caught my eye as a 7th rounder or UDFA that needs a year of work. Pretty good athlete.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
I like Wilson but his blocking is less than mediocre. If we ever want to get a run game again the TE has to at the very least be able to block.

Rat

Reaction score
Virgil Green is out there. Tremendous blocker and I think he has more use in the passing game than Denver allowed him.

OP
OP
vin.couve12

vin.couve12

Reaction score
I think we do need a more traditional Y TE, yes. Vannett could potentially be that guy, but that was all based on potential. He wasn't the blocker he could have been in college and was still up and down when he played last year.

ASJ fills the Y TE role as well as Green. Dissley from UW is very much a good blocker, but is also just a damn rook. We need a serious candidate to challenge Vannett one way or another. That means that it's probably one of those two FAs or a higher draft pick.

Bleh....we need depth and challengers at every position on D, still need OL and one RB as well as this TE spot.

I hope they're seriously doing their homework in the ol' FO this year. Like really digging deep...

OKHawksfan

Reaction score
Mark Andrews, TE out of Oklahoma would be fantastic. Played with Baker Mayfield who has a similar scrambling style to Wilson and is used to adjusting for it.

Seymour

Reaction score
Keep it cheap like bringing Luke back for 1-2M. Spend only on OL DL or a top flight RB.