Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/972164163790344192[/tweet]

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
What???????????????

Sherman NOW released doesn't deserve it's own thread?

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Damn. I knew it was eventually going to happen. Doesn't mean it's any easier to accept. Thanks for the memories Sherm and helping bring a Super Bowl home to Seattle. Good luck in the future, with the game of Football and everything else.

original poster

Reaction score
Seymour":1p4d95ky said:
What???????????????

Makes far more sense to have it in with all the speculation.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
original poster":396ylf8u said:
Seymour":396ylf8u said:
What???????????????

OK....thanks for the title update at least.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
There have been a number of posts on this, but Sherm never got over the super bowl loss. He has been vocal in his criticism since then and likely holds some resentment toward the team or coaches. Probably a difficult thing to deal with, an extremely jaded and mouthy legend. He is now seriously injured, and makes 13m. He likely takes less to play elsewhere while flipping us the bird. It’s a sad way for things to end, but not unexpected. You’d wish things were more amiccable and we could have worked out an extension at a lower rate — but alas, no nice ending in this one.

Rat

Reaction score
Goodbye, Sherman. Best personality on the team, and an inspiring competitor. Some team is going to be really happy to have him next season.

tacomahawk

Reaction score
I understand why it was done, but it doesn’t make it any easier. Wish Richard could could stay, but unfortunately paying 11 million for a player, that won’t see the field till November at the earliest, and then would also be a free agent at the end of the year makes no sense. I thank him for everything he did on the field, and wish him the best. His legend will never be forgotten.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Really a sad day. Sherm single handedly did so much for this team and franchise. I will never forget the Tip, the rant after the tip, his passion for the game and how great of a player he was. Thanks for the memories Sherm! Sad to see him go, but bets of luck to him!

I mean this tweet hit me the most:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/SI_PeterKing/status/972171586227916800[/tweet]

Fanatics

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":3qs3ysj9 said:
Seymour":3qs3ysj9 said:
original poster":3qs3ysj9 said:
NRdzLH5

The case is certainly going to be getting a clean today.

I wonder if it would be legal to have Paul buy that ball from Sherman for $1M + or so?

....or, we could do like NE does with Brady and just pay Shermans dog $10M per year to guard VMAC.

WOOF....
Exactly!

Chapow

Reaction score
original poster":23kmwrgx said:
Seymour":23kmwrgx said:
What???????????????

It doesn't at all.

Somewhere in the middle of page 7 of a thread that's all speculation, rumors, conjecture, and assumptions we find the actual news that something actually happened.

That doesn't make much sense at all to me and I think would be awfully confusing to someone that hasn't been following this thread since it started especially with the change to the title. Just my opinion of course.

Hotchy

Reaction score
Any reactions from Earl ? I wonder if he even wants to be here now. He's only got a couple all pro years left and looking around at the secondary he'll be working with in 2018 is very disheartening for a competitor like Thomas is. I'm thinking he'll be asking for a trade here pretty soon.

When teams start to gut and rebuild, the HOFers should be kept. To me , Wagner and Thomas are the current players that fit that bill. All the others, including Wilson and Sherman, will just be remembered as really good Hawks.

Largent, Jones, Tez, Easley, Thomas, and Wagner can all be argued at being the best to play their positions.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
It's been real Sherm, wish you all the best.

lobohawk

Reaction score
From the sounds of it on the radio, it seems Sherman understands the situation and doesn't hold any grudges. Realizes it's a business decision and still has love for the Seahawks and Seattle. Team and him have worked it out to give him the most opportunity coming off the injury and free up cap space (considering the injury risk).

Looks like Seattle is giving him the ability to test the market and everyone believes that the door is open for him to come back with a new contract.

This is where having a good personal relationship and not dumping on players pays off. Gets around some of the hurt feelings can happen when the business intervenes.

original poster

Reaction score
Seymour":kxud6wx8 said:
original poster":kxud6wx8 said:
NRdzLH5

The case is certainly going to be getting a clean today.

I wonder if it would be legal to have Paul buy that ball from Sherman for $1M + or so?

....or, we could do like NE does with Brady and just pay Shermans dog $10M per year to guard VMAC.

Paul would have to buy it from me...

nanomoz

Reaction score
I understand, but I'm still sad.

I think Sherm has a number of years ahead of him, even as he loses speed. He's the best tackling corner I've ever seen. He'll be a first rate safety or nicklebacker.

original poster

Reaction score
Chapow":1f2woo1q said:
original poster":1f2woo1q said:
Seymour":1f2woo1q said:
What???????????????

It doesn't at all.

Somewhere in the middle of page 7 of a thread that's all speculation, rumors, conjecture, and assumptions we find the actual news that something actually happened.

That doesn't make much sense at all to me and I think would be awfully confusing to someone that hasn't been following this thread since it started especially with the change to the title. Just my opinion of course.

Valid point, I’ve made it it’s own topic.

Not as if Richard doesn’t deserve it :2thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.