Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Jimmy Graham RUMORS

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Jimmy Graham RUMORS
Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:43 am
  • Here in Houston rumors are floating around that Jimmy may become a Texan.

I CAN NOT find anything to substantiate these rumors.

Is there anything floating around the Seattle area that may be pointing towards this move?
    ITS A GREAT TIME TO BE A SEAHAWK FAN !
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Re: Jimmy Graham RUMORS
Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:50 am
  • There was that tweet from...Hopkins I think. That was a month ago or so. That's probably it.
    vin.couve12
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:51 am
  • It doesn't matter where Graham goes, I just know it won't be back here.

Too many good teams with lots of cap space and most importantly with more traditional offenses that can take better advantage of Graham's talent.

Bottom line, someone's going to give him a decent 2-3 year deal, and it won't be us.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:12 am
  • Yeah, Jimmy seems like an OK dude. He's just not a real TE, IMO. He has to know that this isn't the best place for his career regardless of who else wants what.
    vin.couve12
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:15 am
  • vin.couve12 wrote:Yeah, Jimmy seems like an OK dude. He's just not a real TE, IMO. He has to know that this isn't the best place for his career regardless of who else wants what.

If he didn't know before he got to Seattle, he certainly knows now.

he ain't a Hawk, and he isn't coming back.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:28 am

Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:56 am
  • Where will tight end Jimmy Graham land in free agency?
    Matt Bowen, NFL writer: Houston. The Texans have the cap space, and Graham could be a key matchup piece in their heavy play-action scheme with Deshaun Watson back on the field at quarterback. Landing Graham also would give Watson another top red zone weapon to pair with standout wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins.

Dan Graziano, national NFL writer: Baltimore. The Ravens need all kinds of pass-catchers, including one at tight end. I say they make a play for Graham as they try to put more playmakers around Joe Flacco to see whether he can help them make one more run before it's all over.

Mina Kimes, senior writer: Denver. While Graham struggled at times last season in Seattle, he did one thing very well: scored touchdowns (10). The Broncos, who have a need at tight end, had the worst red zone efficiency percentage in the league. Adding Graham could be cost prohibitive if they sign Cousins, but it would help an offense that sorely needs a steady red zone threat.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2258 ... nings-cuts
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:02 pm
  • Jimmy Graham was awesome for the Seahawks and added something everyone complained about before...Redzone TDs.

Wilson to Graham was a pitch and catch TD almost every time and now people are acting like that is easy to replace.
    fridayfrenzy
    NET Starter

Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:05 pm
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:We're going to miss those ten touchdowns.

You keep saying this. Like another tight end can't catch any touchdowns or something. Or like a true blocking tight end won't allow the WRs to catch an additional 20 touchdowns. Just "OMG Graham caught 10 TDs and nobody else in the world could ever do such a thing!"
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:07 pm

Only if they all don't go to someone else and become 3 instead of 7. Lets also not assume his replacement gets zero either.

We sure aren't going to miss his 2nd in league leading drops or his disappearance between the 20's.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:15 pm
  • I always thought the offense ran better with Zach Miller.
    ~ HOLY CATFISH ~
    MD5eahawks
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:17 pm
  • GeekHawk wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:We're going to miss those ten touchdowns.

You keep saying this. Like another tight end can't catch any touchdowns or something. Or like a true blocking tight end won't allow the WRs to catch an additional 20 touchdowns. Just "OMG Graham caught 10 TDs and nobody else in the world could ever do such a thing!"

When you combine that with the probable loss of Paul Richardson, it's pretty significant. Baldwin and Lockett are great, but we could certainly use a bigger receiver to complement them.
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:19 pm
  • The Jimmy trade sure turned out to be a flop...we need Zach Miller back.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:20 pm
  • GeekHawk wrote:

Only three people in the league did it last year. I think five each year do it annually on average or something.

Also, we're probably jettisoning Paul Richardson's six touchdowns, so factor that in.

And finally, remember that even if we do (despite somehow being cash-strapped and pick-strapped) somehow recover those 16 TD's, that only gets us back to the level of our 2017 offense - which we all agree wasn't enough.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• I don't know who this Tom Pelissero guy is, or how credible he is, but a number of Saints players have been making appeals to Jimmy to come back to New Orleans. I still think that Jimmy is a top 5-10 tight end, but Bevell didn't know how to use him. Jimmy's inability to block didn't help him stay on the field much, but he was misused.

I still think that the trade was fair.

We landed Max Unger and a 1st rounder (Stephon Anthony, who was traded this past year for a mid round pick)
    You guys landed Jimmy and a 4th rounder which you used to land Tyler Lockett.
    Last edited by KitsapGuy on Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Reason: Fixed link
    El Caliente
    NET Rookie

Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:04 pm
  • Those Fantasy leagues are going to have to adjust to where he lands next year, oh my God!

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:07 pm
  • Seymour wrote:

Only if they all don't go to someone else and become 3 instead of 7. Lets also not assume his replacement gets zero either.

We sure aren't going to miss his 2nd in league leading drops or his disappearance between the 20's.

Or his no-effort blocking skills....
    IdahoVandalHawk
    NET Bench Warmer

Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:12 pm
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    GeekHawk wrote:

Only three people in the league did it last year. I think five each year do it annually on average or something.

Also, we're probably jettisoning Paul Richardson's six touchdowns, so factor that in.

And finally, remember that even if we do (despite somehow being cash-strapped and pick-strapped) somehow recover those 16 TD's, that only gets us back to the level of our 2017 offense - which we all agree wasn't enough.

Didn't you hear, we're going back to running the ball to make up for all these lost TD's..................with no RB, no blocking TE, terrible blocking WR's and a horrible O-line.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:14 pm
  • Montana worries about losing 10 TD's, I'm more optimistic about scoring much, much more in quarters 1 - 3 then 10 TD's.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:17 pm
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    GeekHawk wrote:

Alexander set the NFL record in TD's with 28. Our RB total for 2017 was 2.

Think about that for a minute when you "worry about scoring more TD's".
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:18 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:Montana worries about losing 10 TD's, I'm more optimistic about scoring much, much more in quarters 1 - 3 then 10 TD's.

What is your basis for that optimism?
    GO HAWKS!!!

MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:20 pm
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:Montana worries about losing 10 TD's, I'm more optimistic about scoring much, much more in quarters 1 - 3 then 10 TD's.

What is your basis for that optimism?

A better scheme, and a better O line Coach, and a OC that knows how to use his personnel.

Not to mention were going to have to be more aggressive on offense with the future of the defense having to get up to the level they need to be. Were going to be losing some people, who is a question mark still.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:24 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    GeekHawk wrote:

Didn't you hear, we're going back to running the ball to make up for all these lost TD's..................with no RB, no blocking TE, terrible blocking WR's and a horrible O-line.

We have no idea how good or bad the oline is or will be. You cannot go by what Fable put on the field, that is for damn sure. Only thing you can count on is, he brought out the worst in everyone.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:25 pm

Now that we have a new OC, If we start intelligently using a passing tight end that is not Jimmy G. and he's gone from Seattle, I'm going to put a proverbial gun in my mouth thinking about what could have been.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:38 pm
  • Why miss a non blocking TE the Hawks could never use right?
    He dropped enough passes and he took plays off ..
    There are ways to cover losing him such as running better
    and resting the D more..This leads to all good things
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:44 pm
  • I'd be totally fine with Cameron Brate. If we sign him
    Gio
    NET Rookie

Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:44 pm
  • Seymour wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    GeekHawk wrote:

We have no idea how good or bad the oline is or will be. You cannot go by what Fable put on the field, that is for damn sure. Only thing you can count on is, he brought out the worst in everyone.

Right now our starting O-line is Brown (if he doesn't hold out again), ???? at left guard, Britt, Pocic and Ifedi.

I don't care if the ghost of Vince Lombardi has risen from the grave and is now our O-line coach, that's not a good line.

I HOPE Solari with HOPEFULLY some free agent guard and/or tackle help will mean some improvement. But that's all you're peddling right now Seymour..............hope.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:49 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:

Right now our starting O-line is Brown (if he doesn't hold out again), ???? at left guard, Britt, Pocic and Ifedi.

I don't care if the ghost of Vince Lombardi has risen from the grave and is now our O-line coach, that's not a good line.

I HOPE Solari with HOPEFULLY some free agent guard and/or tackle help will mean some improvement. But that's all you're peddling right now Seymour..............hope.

no chance they draft an OL ?
    Gio
    NET Rookie

Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:55 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:

I never said they were good. I said wait, you've been listening to Fables. You said Horrible, I said Fable was in charge and we don't know. There is some middle ground between Good and Horrible.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:00 pm
  • Seymour wrote:
    I never said they were good. I said wait, you've been listening to Fables. You said Horrible, I said Fable was in charge and we don't know. There is some middle ground between Good and Horrible.

Below average, mediocre, horrible, it's all semantics. It's mediocre at best, and horrible at worst.

Either way, as with every other position group this O-line is nowhere near at the level it needs to be for Solari to greatly improve the line, even if you think Cable stunk.

To bring it all back around to why Graham isn't coming back, and we're shopping every good player we have.............we're in BIG trouble all over the place, and desperately need picks and cap space to address major needs.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:14 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Seymour wrote:

Below average, mediocre, horrible, it's all semantics. It's mediocre at best, and horrible at worst.

Either way, as with every other position group this O-line is nowhere near at the level it needs to be for Solari to greatly improve the line, even if you think Cable stunk.

To bring it all back around to why Graham isn't coming back, and we're shopping every good player we have.............we're in BIG trouble all over the place, and desperately need picks and cap space to address major needs.

Major needs created by...the departure of the players we're shopping.
    GO HAWKS!!!

MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:19 pm
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Seymour wrote:

It was created by;

- an aging defense that can't stay healthy
    - drafting Malik and not Cam Robinson, which created a need to give up not only a 2nd rounder for Richardson, but a 3rd rounder for Brown when Fant got hurt

So if you want to keep Bennett, Earl and Sherman Montana, then please tell me how we're going to address;

- RB
    - TE
    - LB
    - Strong Safety
    - O-line
    - WR

There literally isn't a position group that doesn't need help, and you think we can do that with no cap space and no 2nd and 3rd round picks?
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:19 pm
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Seymour wrote:

Graham isn't being shopped. He is a free agent.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:53 pm
  • No point in keeping him. We don’t know how to use him anyway.

*sigh*
    ben@thetabs
    THE TABS
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:03 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:

Now that we have a new OC, If we start intelligently using a passing tight end that is not Jimmy G. and he's gone from Seattle, I'm going to put a proverbial gun in my mouth thinking about what could have been.

It’s a scary thought.

Lose JG but gain an OC that knows how to use him.

There will be plenty of us that will be going insane.
    ITS A GREAT TIME TO BE A SEAHAWK FAN !
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:53 pm
  • He'll be in Houston, New Orleans or New England next year methinks.
    ImTheScientist wrote:This guy is the closest thing to beast mode we will ever see. You got a glimpse of that yesterday. He was instantly my favorite player when they signed him. Give the dude a chance and don't overreact or overthink preseason. Go Hawks. Lacy will rush for 1,100 and 10TDs. Bend the knee.
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:28 pm
  • Any free agents that we get on offense are going to be guys familiar with Schottenheimer and Solari.

If you're a player and money is about on par with multiple offers, do you go with something you're familiar with or do you go with the rebooting offense?

You could reason things like this in a lot of ways, including the opposite of what I just did, but don't forget that Jimmy would have to agree to it too. That said, do we have to overpay to keep him here in what je likely perceives as a less than ideal sitiation with the new offense? Does he still somehow think this is the best place for him?

All I'm saying is that fans and maddeneers alike forget these aren't programmable assets when it comes to their FREE AGENCY.

You're Jimmy....why play in Seattle?
    vin.couve12
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:36 pm
  • Jimmy Graham had 10 touchdowns in 13 games last season, zero in the first 4. Without Graham I'm not sure were able to score from the one yard line but at the same time with any running game at all he might only have 5 touchdowns last year. Tough to replace the talent but should be doable with a run game.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:46 pm
  • I sure hope they can find a way to keep him. You don’t let your one true star on O walk and get better.
    hawkman
    NET Rookie

Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:16 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    GeekHawk wrote:

Yeah, I really think some are over-exaggerating the loss of Jimmy and Paul. We still have Russell Wilson and the OL damn well better improve under Solari. We also had ONE RB rushing TD. That's far more of an outlier than Jimmy's 10 TDs were. If the running game is even average, we can get 11 RB rushing TDs and that makes up the difference there. If the running game is good, we can get 15+ RB rushing TDs. We have Darboh, hopefully he can get on the field more and get us some TDs. If the line holds up, Wilson stays healthy, and the offensive system is good, I'm not worried.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:22 pm
  • The Seahawks need to get Russell Wilson some pass catchers.

Or we will be complaining ad nauseum about 3rd downs and red zone.
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:57 pm
  • hawknation2018 wrote:The Seahawks need to get Russell Wilson some pass catchers.

This is an old cliche..
    They need a RUN game or they are screwed!
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:08 pm
  • IndyHawk wrote:
    hawknation2018 wrote:The Seahawks need to get Russell Wilson some pass catchers.

This is an old cliche..
    They need a RUN game or they are screwed!

That too.
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:17 pm
  • adeltaY wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    GeekHawk wrote:

Yeah, I really think some are over-exaggerating the loss of Jimmy and Paul. We still have Russell Wilson and the OL damn well better improve under Solari. We also had ONE RB rushing TD. That's far more of an outlier than Jimmy's 10 TDs were. If the running game is even average, we can get 11 RB rushing TDs and that makes up the difference there. If the running game is good, we can get 15+ RB rushing TDs. We have Darboh, hopefully he can get on the field more and get us some TDs. If the line holds up, Wilson stays healthy, and the offensive system is good, I'm not worried.

Three "ifs" and a "hopefully" do not make up a good offense.
    Send Lawyers, Guns and Money!
    GO 'HAWKS!!
    WmHBonney
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:57 pm
  • hawkman wrote:I sure hope they can find a way to keep him. You don’t let your one true star on O walk and get better.

One true star, guess Wilson and Baldwin got traded when I wasn't looking, Graham pulled his evade defender route running except when in the End Zone last year, lots of that is Bevells Route trees and play calls, he was always much more productive running the seam and playing off the double out with him going for the post and another receiver taking the out or crossing route.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:01 pm

Bookmark this prediction: we will score more total TDs next year than last year.
    WindCityHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:09 pm
  • fridayfrenzy wrote:Jimmy Graham was awesome for the Seahawks and added something everyone complained about before...Redzone TDs.

Wilson to Graham was a pitch and catch TD almost every time and now people are acting like that is easy to replace.

Please do a little research before you fly off the handle. Look at who those 10 TD's were scored against, most all of them were inferior Defenses. Jimmy just doesn't fit into our system, not a bad dude, but this team clicks better with a blocking TE with the ability to pass catch. We need a Z Miller 2.0
    12forlife
    NET Practice Squad

Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:17 pm
  • We don't use a TE, just put in Fant as a 6th lineman.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:31 am
  • adeltaY wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    GeekHawk wrote:

I'm not knocking the getting back to the run game, I agree with that philosophy.

But last time we were a dominate running team we had a HOF running back in his prime, a younger Russell, a great blocking TE and an above average O-line.

So just changing over our line coach and coordinator without some drastic changes to personnel me thinks isn't going to return us to being a dominant kick ass running football team.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:37 am
  • can we trade him back to NO for Unger?
    ImageImageImageImageImage
    WhyDidntWeRun.jpg
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:27 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information