Two Hawks receivers - worst hands since Jackson & Robinson.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
If Graham is still with us (highly doubtful in 2018) I will eat my hat. He couldn't have looked more disinterested through much of the season between the 20's. Amazing red zone target but outside of that? Meh. Atleast in our scheme. Meh.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Aros":2h83xhdw said:
If Graham is still with us (highly doubtful in 2018) I will eat my hat. He couldn't have looked more disinterested through much of the season between the 20's. Amazing red zone target but outside of that? Meh. Atleast in our scheme. Meh.

To be fair, we won't be using much of "our scheme" going forward. I had hoped we'd traded Graham before we lost him to Free Agency. Could have saved us a chunk of cap space and got something in return. Now I just have to hope he breaks the bank in Free Agency and gets us a decent comp pick.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Great find vin. I watched the two twitter clips and damn, some of those are egregious drops. I'm sure they contributed to the slow starts as well.

Knuck Chox

Reaction score
adeltaY":k0ckakar said:
Great find vin. I watched the two twitter clips and damn, some of those are egregious drops. I'm sure they contributed to the slow starts as well.
That undoubtedly occurred. As I recall, his drops were too often drive-enders — and many also would've been huge gains had he made the catches.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Aros":2d3nxd0m said:

Tired of this narrative. It was the opposite in 2016.

Seymour

Reaction score
I was well aware of Graham but Richardson dropping that many actually surprised me. Somehow I blew his off more for some reason I guess.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Aros":1vn696x8 said:

Couldn’t agree more.

You only had to watch his body language, he checked out at mid-season. Overpriced, unfortunately poorly used, couldn’t block when needed, he was simply a poor fit his whole time here. Like Harvin he was a swing for the fence, and our OC could never figure out how to use his mismatch except in the last season in the red zone. Like Harvin the OC had no clue how to use his ability.

Hopefully these two “draft busts” have taught a lesson to the FO.

mikeak

Reaction score
StaffAmerica74":1nab1yes said:
Richardson was catching everything til he busted his finger

This is exactly right. He has very good hands and I don't agree with the narrative here

Secondly look at that first one in the video. I don't know you call that a drop especially after coming up from the turf.

Fifth one - he has the ball and his hand is hit by the defender. That is a ball jarred lose

Last one can't tell sure doesn't look like a drop by any measure

getnasty

Reaction score
Oh how I loved Koren Robinson and Darrell Jackson.
I'm so on the fence with re signing either of these guys but I think I'm leaning toward letting Graham walk and paying Prich.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thing about Richardson is he gets hurt somehow every season and then is limited.

He will likely be gone in FA, as the team should not overpay for him.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
jammerhawk":s1gy0gaf said:
Thing about Richardson is he gets hurt somehow every season and then is limited.

He will likely be gone in FA, as the team should not overpay for him.
This..He has missed a lot of games,why pay high for that reason?

mikeak

Reaction score

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3971q6gz said:
Aros":3971q6gz said:

Tired of this narrative. It was the opposite in 2016.

Truth is that Jimmy Graham in 2017 checked out mentally inside the 20's and the only time he seemed to give a damn was in the endzone to pad his stats for a better contract elsewhere in 2018.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":1798zfao said:
Realistically the team should let both of them walk.
I think that’s what happens. The thing I noticed with Jimmy is if he got going early he seemed to be fine. When the game plan didn’t go to him early, then he had a hard time staying focused. That’s his fault and the playcallers fault (who thankfully is gone).

AgentDib

Reaction score
Since it appears many didn't actually read the article, this is an entirely subjective assessment. FootballOutsiders for example has both PRich and Baldwin at 5 drops each which completely changes the narrative. Graham had two or three completely contested muffs this season but 95% of the time it's a contested pass thrown away from the receiver and everybody will have their own opinion on whether it was the QB's fault, WR's fault, or simply good defense.

I'm sure most of the posters here watched all or nearly all of our offensive snaps last season, and a number have probably watched them multiple times. It's fine to look at subjective third party stats but treat them with skepticism and don't be too quick to learn new things from bad data.

adeltaY

Reaction score
The question I have is why Graham disappeared between the 20s? Could've really used his 2016 production there.

OP
OP
vin.couve12

vin.couve12

Reaction score
To me at least, Graham is sort of an irrelevant conversation unless you play him out wide and in the slot almost exclusively. He's just not a real TE, in my mind. Not the Y TE that plays in line or even a Move TE that motions across as a second TE. Even the Move TE is responsible for kick out blocks and even some lead blocking. I absolutely DO NOT want Graham playing TE for us. He is the most severe detriment to the Seahawks running game I've seen possibly ever. He really is soft...that was an accurate assessment then and it still is.

When it comes to Richardson, I don't want to really pay him at all, let alone more than a couple million. IMO, Darboh has true overall #1WR ability and he needs to get on the field as a starter next year. His upside is far greater than Richardson, who is really only a vertical threat, albeit a pretty good one. I also really like Moore. He has a running back background with outstanding athletic ability and plays like it when the ball is in his hands.

To me, both conversations about Graham and Richardson are that they are niche players. Each does one thing very well, but kind of suck at everything else in the job description. I am absolutely not in favor of paying either and haven't been all offseason. I just happened to find this vid that shows some of their shortcomings in the one area that pertains to the lone thing they are each good at, lessening even that value.

Latest posts