Art Thiel ask if its Time to trade Russell

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
getnasty":3b65r63s said:
http://sportspressnw.com/2238829/2018/thiel-is-it-time-for-seahawks-to-deal-wilson

Obviously would never happen but just for fun what would you have to get in return (be realistic) to trade Russ.

For me I'd ship him to Cleveland for this picks 1,4,33 this year and a second next year.
Arty Farty going the contrarian d-bag route, just like he used to do at the PI.
Must be hard up for clicks. Franchise QB’s don’t grow on trees old man (comment aimed at arty).

John Clayton on the radio said it’s a stupid idea but if he had to trade Russ it would be for 3 1sts , 2nds, and you still would be getting the short end of the trade.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
When we won the SB, was Russ a franchise QB?

Just out of curiosity, would any other QB on that team been able to win the SB?
Would Nick Foles have won it?
Would K Keenum won it?
How about Dak Prescott?

rjas77

Reaction score
Bobblehead":257klfvi said:

Would K Keenum won it?
How about Dak Prescott?

Any one of them would have won it as the the D held Denver to 8 points...Defense and special teams alone scored enough to win

Bobblehead

Reaction score
rjas77":9spk5swg said:
Bobblehead":9spk5swg said:

Would K Keenum won it?
How about Dak Prescott?

Any one of them would have won it as the the D held Denver to 8 points...Defense and special teams alone scored enough to win

So we didn't need a franchise QB to win?

Seymour

Reaction score
Bobblehead":3bc3vta4 said:
rjas77":3bc3vta4 said:
Bobblehead":3bc3vta4 said:

Would K Keenum won it?
How about Dak Prescott?

So we didn't need a franchise QB to win?

Not in that game but he sure came in handy in the other 18 games to get to that game. His running game alone helped Lynch carry us. It also helped Cable keep a job 4 years longer than he should have.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Art Thiel is nutz! Answer for Art: “Uh No!”

You get lucky and find a franchise QB and you ride with your guy. Just as long as you can, you ride that guy.

Wilson still has lots to learn, but he certainly has that “it” when the chips are down. Now if he’d just throw the freaking ball away when there is nothing there instead of trying to make something out of nothing. There he needs different coaching and he still needs to work on getting better at his craft. Playing stronger earlier and getting leads earlier needs to be focus for him, that said he’s a special player and easily the best QB the Seahawks have ever had. I can’t imagine the total fan revolt that would happen if he was traded, even for the first OA pick the fourth OA pick and the 33rd OA pick. None of this picks absolutely guarantees the team gets a true franchise QB.

He needs support from an OLine that can give him time to throw from the pocket and from the gun. He needs a running game to make play action possible and to make the D respect the run so he has differing options. He needs a different OC who forces him to be responsible, and he needs some different WRs who can consistently and reliably get open, besides DB. Finally he needs TE that is a real TE, one that can block and can catch too, and one who doesn’t disappear when the thumping starts.

I wonder if some of these media guys are serious or whether this is click bait they can point to when their ratings are in question. Thiel likes controversy.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Rat":z4wag2xd said:
Fine with me, Id rather have Kirk Cousins anyway.
LOL....
Kirk Cousins can’t even beat the Dallas Cowboys. Yes he got lucky against us when Earl got hurt, but he is not a franchise QB. Faaaaaarrrr from it.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
jammerhawk":39hahyzn said:
Art Thiel is nutz! Answer for Art, “Uh No!”

You get lucky and find a franchise QB and you ride with your guy. Just as long as you can you ride that guy.

Wilson still has lots to learn, but he certainly has that “it” when the chips are down. Now if he’d just throw the freaking ball away when there is nothing there instead of trying to make something out of nothing.

He needs support from an OLine that can give him time to throw from the pocket and from the gun. He needs a running game to make play action possible and to make the D respect the run so he has differing options. He needs a different OC who forces him to be responsible, and he needs some different WRs who can consistently and reliably get open, besides DB. Finally he needs TE that is a real TE, one that can block and can catch too and one who doesn’t disappear when the thumping starts.

I wonder if some of these media guys are serious or whether this is click bait they can point to when their ratings are in question. Thiel likes controversy.
Arty has been irrelevant for 2 decades. I don’t think he is stupid, I just think he is a lazy hack (see Jim Moore minus the radio gig).

sdog1981

Reaction score
This is sports journalism? Just make up random stories then report on them?

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Many know that I've been more critical of RW than almost anyone here, but in the current climate even with a backup QB winning the SB, you keep RW because his contract is and will continue to be ever more outdated.

RW is a very, very good QB/Point Guard. I don't think he should be payed at the top of the list even if some other lesser guys are making more, but an outdated contract fits. Let him play it out and if you see a diamond in the rough of a QB then draft him mid to late round and if he sits for a couple years then so be it. If RW can improve further as a pocket aware passer then maybe you pay and stay and so be it. The outcome should be all business and no message board sentiment will matter, including my own.

BYAH!

IndyHawk

Reaction score
vin.couve12":1k44vh4k said:
Many know that I've been more critical of RW than almost anyone here, but in the current climate even with a backup QB winning the SB, you keep RW because his contract is and will continue to be ever more outdated.

RW is a very, very good QB/Point Guard. I don't think he should be payed at the top of the list even if some other lesser guys are making more, but an outdated contract fits. Let him play it out and if you see a diamond in the rough of a QB then draft him mid to late round and if he sits for a couple years then so be it. If RW can improve further as a pocket aware passer then maybe you pay and stay and so be it. The outcome should be all business and no message board sentiment will matter, including my own.

BYAH!
Fine with the playing contract out but looking at it with more vision..
His trade value will never be higher before that contract ends because
the closer you get the less you will get.
Maybe he doesn't get any better or improve squat so keep paying?
As above stated did we win the SB with an elite QB?
I feel like I'm still waiting to see that.

original poster

Reaction score
The number 1 picking team could give their whole draft to us for the next 3 years and I still wouldn't make the trade.

ludakrishna

Reaction score
Rat":1vvivg1d said:
Fine with me, Id rather have Kirk Cousins anyway.

He will be making more than Russell after free agency. Russ is the better deal capwise. Therefore, I'll stick with Russ for now.

sutz

Reaction score
Welcome to what passes for journalism in Feb in the NFL.

:229031_shrug: