Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

What I would do with Sherman

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: What I would do with Sherman
Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:39 am
  • IM with most people on this board, and believe Sherman could not hold up in the box, he is to lanky. I have nothing but love for Sherman, but the players in the league today have no loyalty. so why should the GM's? Plus we have allowed ourselves to get to old on Defense, and with injury's piling up on these veterans we have got old and stale. What made the Hawks great when we were in the hunt for the SB, was a bunch of young talent with chips on their shoulders busting their butts competing for PT. Now with the LOB all looking at 30 and huge cap hits for what we are now getting in return, and recovering from major injury it is time to do whatever it takes to get our def backfield full of young hungry talent again, I don't like it, but I feel we need to move on from Avril, Bennett, Kam & Sherman. I would be up for them trying to pull a trade with KC in a Sherman / Marcus Peters trade. if they are able to trade down from #18 and recover some draft picks, I like White out of WV as a Kam replacement. If McDowell can come back healthy (big if) and with already having made some steps in the right direction of the past couple drafts up front on Clark, Reed, Naz, and bringing in Sheldon Richardson, and Deion Jordan we solid young front and can back them with cheaper cap hits as backups. Plain and simple in my eyes NE never allow this to happen, They are loyal to Tom and only Tom, the rest of the team if you demand to much money, your gone, not playing up to your contract restructure or your gone, wanna holdout or become a cancer in the locker room bye bye. Pete & John have flipped the script on what made this team a true power, time for Pete / John to put on their big boy pants and make some tough calls this off season.
    12forlife
    NET Practice Squad

Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:59 am
  • Party with him.
    GIRL POWER !!!!!!!
    Ginahawk
    NET Bench Warmer

Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:11 am
  • Sherman is to the Seahawks what Nnamdi Asomugha was to the Raiders, only better.
    "...and now they got a bicycle!"
    Sac
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:08 am
  • INJURY PERSPECTIVE

From personal experience having ruptured my own Achilles I can say that the repaired one feels better than the one that never blew. Also going through the process I learned that a lot of people that blow one eventually blow the other one too. I totally relate because I do feel like the other one is just not right and would go if I pushed it.

I have no clue what this pro-active procedure is that Sherm just had done but from my experience it makes intuitive sense to me that this could actually be a really good thing. I have no doubt he will feel and perform better when he gets back.

TRADE PERSPECTIVE

Unlike Thomas I get the impression that Sherman actually would like to finish his career a Hawk. To me wanting to be here is a critical starting point in the trade thinking.

You hear from the other players that despite the periodic freak flag flying episodes Sherman is a great team guy. The way he is constructive mentoring Shaq etc so I conclude he adds value from that perspective.

He's always been one of the surest tacklers on the team and I think he will return to cover form when he is not dogged by a bad Achilles.

The injury perception also reduces trade value so all things considered I just can't see a compelling business case for Sherm trade talk.

Make Thomas's Cowboy dream come true and lets pick at #18 & 19 but Sherm stays.
    gcolby
    NET Bench Warmer

Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:29 am
  • Trade Sherm for Tyrann Mathieu and a 3rd, then shop Earl for OL help (a stud) and another draft pick. Would seem to make great sense to me.
    Kam Chancellor
    Sherman says Chancellor 'damages people's souls'
    hawkpride
    NET Rookie

Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:41 am
  • hawkpride wrote:Trade Sherm for Tyrann Mathieu and a 3rd, then shop Earl for OL help (a stud) and another draft pick. Would seem to make great sense to me.

Not with that contract.
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:43 pm
  • original poster wrote:
    hawkpride wrote:Trade Sherm for Tyrann Mathieu and a 3rd, then shop Earl for OL help (a stud) and another draft pick. Would seem to make great sense to me.

Not with that contract.

With you on that.
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Previous

It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:37 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information