Week 13 against Eagles

Crizilla

Reaction score
Fun to go back and watch this game again. This is the 2nd straight season Seahawks beat the eventual superbowl champion.

First thing I noticed was how bad the run blocking is. Shocker, I know. At 24 seconds in, look at Graham just give up and not even attempt to block. Seriously all he does is just give him a little shove and then he runs away. Great blocking, Jimmy. Thanks. On the same play we see Joke-lol not pick up the blitz. All he has to do is just give Graham (philly player) a shove and give Davis another split second to get through the line. Every split second matters. Joke-lel needs to get off his man better to pick up blitzes. At 39 seconds Joke-lmao gets completely owned by Graham again. At 7:23 Graham destroys Joke-rofl yet again.

https://youtu.be/xl3HhY2BTuU

original poster

Reaction score
The Philly and Texans game are the only ones I often rewatch from last season, I'd imagine it'll stay that way until August preseason starts as well.

original poster

Reaction score
adeltaY":3t17w0vq said:
Somehow the Eagles only had, what, two sacks against us?

Yeah I think it was 2, May have been 3 but either way, amazing really.

Bet the pressure stats aren’t so impressive, mind.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
adeltaY":s01giqs4 said:
Somehow the Eagles only had, what, two sacks against us?

Because this was one of the few games in post-Lynch history where Wilson was actually getting rid of the ball quickly. It mitigated the pressure.

https://streamable.com/xtby3

Watch that Streamable. Besides play #2 and #3, Wilson is making a lot of pre-determined throws and it helps him get going early. Why Seattle didn't do this more often - whether just Pete's stubbornness or Wilson not doing it - remains to be seen.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Yeah I saw the Brett Kollman vid on Wilson's performance and yeah the gameplan was really good.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Crizilla":198q4p31 said:
On the same play we see Joke-lol not pick up the blitz.

I wonder how much of this is communication from the center or even QB. I know next to nothing about how the offensive line works as far as communication goes. Is the center or QB responsible for communicating blitz or is the individual lineman supposed to read it themselves? Or is Cable still at fault (lol)?

James in PA

Reaction score
Our beating Philly this year and beating New England last year tells me that the Hawks don’t really practice what they preach. They do *not* treat all games equally. They clearly get up for certain games (Philly) and just sort of coast along in other games (Washington).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Crizilla

Crizilla

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":1tpklpp0 said:
Crizilla":1tpklpp0 said:

I wonder how much of this is communication from the center or even QB. I know next to nothing about how the offensive line works as far as communication goes. Is the center or QB responsible for communicating blitz or is the individual lineman supposed to read it themselves? Or is Cable still at fault (lol)?

A lot of that communication comes from the Center. That's why I hated letting Unger go. Guy is ace.

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":kxu9vghd said:
Crizilla":kxu9vghd said:

Tough to answer. The OL have their assignments before the ball is snapped. The C will usually identify the Mike and then who is his responsibility. The others set their play up off that. They also look for potential blitz targets to pull off and target.
A good way to beat the blitz is the QB has to be aware of where the blitz comes from and hits the hot read that enters that vacated area the defender just left. Short yardage, but lethal and makes the D think about the risk of the blitz.

Seafan

Reaction score
Turnovers were the real difference in this game. But it is nice to see that RW can get rid of the ball quicker when the plan warrants it.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Crizilla":3oel7vtd said:
Year of The Hawk":3oel7vtd said:
Crizilla":3oel7vtd said:

A lot of that communication comes from the Center. That's why I hated letting Unger go. Guy is ace.

Funny thing is, Unger could very easily have become a Kam situation (over paid under contributing). Of course it looks like it went the other way and I cant remember Unger missing a game.

original poster

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":3nmv49ym said:
Crizilla":3nmv49ym said:
Year of The Hawk":3nmv49ym said:
Crizilla":3nmv49ym said:

Funny thing is, Unger could very easily have become a Kam situation (over paid under contributing). Of course it looks like it went the other way and I cant remember Unger missing a game.

Think he was injured last offseason but managed to make it back for week 1.

xkj1985x

Reaction score
From the other side, I viewed this game as three parts.

1) Home Field. You guys don't need me to tell you how hard it is to come into your building and sneak away with a win. I felt it but didn't really realize it until I looked back but this series, 4/5 has been played in Seattle. How does that work?

2) Russ was fantastic. The Eagles were in the backfield relatively often but a combination of Russell getting the ball out quickly and simply running around and buying time worked all night long. The Eagles make 95% of the QBs in the league pay there but Wilson was just too good at his improvisation and overall skill.

3) Eagle mistakes. There were a handful but I continually circle back to two big ones. I think it was the Eagles initial drive of the game. Wentz threw one over Agholor's head in Seahawks territory and the closest guy to Nelly was Earl Thomas and he was 10-15 yards away. A better thrown ball and that's a TD. Then obviously the Wentz fumble while he was diving for the end zone. That was a killer.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Sadly, our HFA melted away last season. 4-4 at home. I think the fact that it was Sunday night at home was a bigger deal.