Blair Walsh cost Russ the MVP

randomation

Reaction score
If we have two more wins and are in the playoffs Russ wins it instead he gets zero consideration. I really hope we draft an actual kicker.

redhawk253

Reaction score
Poor coaching was more impactful

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Steve2222

Reaction score
Russell’s last three games (Jacksonville, Dallas, and Arizona) is why he didn’t win MVP. The whole offense just completely shattered. Can’t really fault Russell. He must have been exhausted doing everything for the offense all year.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
It was the WHOLE team..
You can blame everything @ one time or another in games you lost.
Relying on a kicker means you didn't do other things well during a game.

Granted BW wasn't very good but costing RW MVP? :shock:

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Our coaches cost Wilson the MVP for putting guys who can’t play in a position to have to make plays.

Seymour

Reaction score
If Russ wants the MVP, he too is going to have to perform for 4 quarters.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Cable and Bevell made us have to rely on a Kicker who shouldn't even be playing middle school kick-ball.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Let's just say that all of the things that cost RW the MVP are now gone, and be good with it. Even though it also caused us to miss the playoffs this year - this is the price to pay for our next several Lombardis.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
The people that cost Russ the MVP are mostly the same ones that cost the Seahawks a championship in SB49. It's great that most of them are now gone. It took longer than it should have though. They knew Walsh was terrible, yet they kept putting him out there. That's not the player's fault. It's on the coaches and FO (for signing him in the first place). I'm not sure why Brian Schneider still has a job. He's the ST coach and they were terrible.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
hawkfan68":mpbdryz3 said:
The people that cost Russ the MVP are the same ones that cost the Seahawks a championship in SB49.

Heh. Read that sentence again.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I doubt he was top 5 in the running. His team didn't help him much but I agree gotta play 4 full quarters to be consistent.

Vpk0718

Reaction score
The entire team, Russ included, played like ass in December. He didn't deserve MVP.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
IndyHawk":2333x10b said:
It was the WHOLE team..

So, Russell Wilson shouldn't be counting on anybody else on the team doing their part?
Sometimes it's teams with DECENT kickers that can and very much DO help to put you over the top, eking out wins, just as LOUSY kickers can and DO cost you close games.
Walsh didn't hold up his end, and his errant kicks EASILY cost the Seahawks a couple of games.

OP
OP
R

randomation

Reaction score
Cyrus12":8veo7hzu said:
I doubt he was top 5 in the running. His team didn't help him much but I agree gotta play 4 full quarters to be consistent.

He lead the league in passing TDs led the team in rushing accounted for 85% of the O scored 37 of 38 TDs some of you people are just kind of nuts in your expectations. Those are MVP numbers if we are in the playoffs he wins it.

Jville

Reaction score
LOL ....... the old useless blame game trap.

I'm a big special teams fan. :177692: But there is no way kickers wheel that kind of make or break power and influence over quarterbacks.

OP
OP
R

randomation

Reaction score
Jville":l3srqvgy said:
LOL ....... the old useless blame game trap.

I'm a big special teams fan. :177692: But there is no way kickers wheel that kind of make or break power and influence over quarterbacks.

Two more wins and we are in the playoffs Walsh need to make two kicks to give us two more wins and they weren't exactly hard kicks.

D

DomeHawk

Steve2222":3bsiiqcj said:
Russell’s last three games (Jacksonville, Dallas, and Arizona) is why he didn’t win MVP. The whole offense just completely shattered. Can’t really fault Russell. He must have been exhausted doing everything for the offense all year.

I can't argue with this. The big talk about him being MVP really got going after the Eagles game and then faded pretty quickly.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
scutterhawk":2212cu0d said:
IndyHawk":2212cu0d said:
It was the WHOLE team..

So, Russell Wilson shouldn't be counting on anybody else on the team doing their part?
Sometimes it's teams with DECENT kickers that can and very much DO help to put you over the top, eking out wins, just as LOUSY kickers can and DO cost you close games.
Walsh didn't hold up his end, and his errant kicks EASILY cost the Seahawks a couple of games.
It's a team game not RW above all else..
We can easily say RW cost the team a game or two..Why not?
There were 7 losses and no playoffs..
BW and others all had a hand in this in my book..

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Russell Wilson cost Russell Wilson the MVP. You cannot play like he did in December and expect to be handed the MVP award, period. Even if we made the playoffs I doubt that he gets the award.