Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Seahawks hire Larry Izzo to help with special teams

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13

  • Thank you Heath Farwell for all your work.

    Welcome Mr. Izzo!
    semiahmoo wrote:I'll say it again - this is Pete's last season in Seattle if the teams doesn't make a legit hard run deep into the playoffs.
    User avatar
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2289
    Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:39 am
    Location: Spokane, WA


  • This seems like a downgrade from the Michigan St. basketball program..
    :229031_shrug:
    Image

    "We all we got, we all we need"
    User avatar
    lukerguy
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2017
    Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:00 pm


  • H to the Izzo. Seems like a good hiring to me. I like it.
    User avatar
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4605
    Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:36 pm
    Location: Aiken , SC


  • lukerguy wrote:This seems like a downgrade from the Michigan St. basketball program..
    :229031_shrug:



    Was my first thought too...then I remembered....Tom
    Go Hawks!
    oldhawkfan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1534
    Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:06 pm
    Location: Spokane


  • Wasn’t Izzy a mainstay in the pro bowl as a special team player with the pats?
    Image
    "Tracy Porter lost his manhood when Marshawn stiff armed him" some dude on youtube.
    User avatar
    suppaball
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2949
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:17 pm
    Location: Oroville CA.


  • suppaball wrote:Wasn’t Izzy a mainstay in the pro bowl as a special team player with the pats?


    Yes. Also a 1st team all pro.
    User avatar
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4605
    Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:36 pm
    Location: Aiken , SC


  • Izzo is the NFL's all-time special teams tackles leader since the NFL began tracking ST's tackles, and went to 3 Pro Bowls. He was a player for 4 years under Jimmy Johnson and 8 years under Bill Belichick where he won 3 Super Bowl rings and was a team captain. He also coached for 5 years on Tom Coughlin's staff, winning another SB ring. Oh and he was an All-American LB at Rice. He's got some cred.
    Last edited by NorthDallas40oz on Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    User avatar
    NorthDallas40oz
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 918
    Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:04 pm


  • oldhawkfan wrote:
    lukerguy wrote:This seems like a downgrade from the Michigan St. basketball program..
    :229031_shrug:



    Was my first thought too...then I remembered....Tom


    :) Yeah, I was just kidding of course.
    Image

    "We all we got, we all we need"
    User avatar
    lukerguy
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2017
    Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:00 pm


  • I can't see why this wouldn't be anything but positive when you look at all the big plays the Hawks gave up on ST.
    User avatar
    Seahawkville
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 124
    Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:04 pm


  • NorthDallas40oz wrote:Izzo is the NFL's all-time special teams tackles leader since the NFL began tracking ST's tackles, and went to 3 Pro Bowls. He was a player for 4 years under Jimmy Johnson and 8 years under Bill Belichick where he won 3 Super Bowl rings and was a team captain. He also coached for 5 years on Tom Coughlin's staff, winning another SB ring. Oh and he was an All-American LB at Rice. He's got some cred.



    Johnson, Coughlin and Belichick.
    If he learned just a little from each of those guys, then this is a great hire.
    Send Lawyers, Guns and Money!
    GO 'HAWKS!!
    User avatar
    WmHBonney
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1515
    Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:11 pm


  • Sounds good I like it the guy was a special player. Bring in Walt to help wit the line it doesn't get any better.
    The office of Thomas and Chancellor specializing in Defense.
    User avatar
    thegreeninyoureye
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 760
    Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:47 pm




It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:11 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information
  • Who is online