Votes: 53 50.5%
  • Jimmy Graham

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Sheldon Richardson

Votes: 21 20.0%

• Total voters

QuahHawk

Reaction score
We have 4 players that will command about $10-15 mil per year. We cannot afford to keep them all, more likely we will only be able to re-sign 1 or 2 of them. If you could only pick one who do we keep around for another 4 or 5 years.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Earl Thomas and Frank Clark. I know you said one but I think we can make other moves to free up cap space.
I would like to keep all 4, but that’s not likely.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
I think Thomas is gone. The guy sounds as if he has checked out, and quite frankly I'm tired of his behavior. He is nearing the age that his speed will start declining, and his greatest asset, his range will be limited. If he doesn't want to be here anymore we need to just let him go. Not worth the money to keep a contentious player. That is what the Patriots would do.

Frank Clark is probably going to be resigned. He is a young talent, and really one of our only viable pass rushers. We have no choice BUT to resign the guy.

Jimmy Graham is gone. We've pissed away the mans talent, and he has looked complacent as of late. His touchdowns will be missed, however much like Thomas it looks like he wants out. Not worth the money he is going to command, especially at his age.

Sheldon Richardson I could see being resigned. He gave indications that he wanted to be back, he seems like his personality jives well with the team. For the right price, I think we could see him in a Seahawk uniform next year.

HoldYourHawk

Reaction score
I would really like to see Sheldon and Clark come back. Both are finally coming into their own in Pete's system.

Of course I'd want Thomas, what fan wouldn't, but does Thomas really want to be here? His attitude and actions off the field point to no.

Let Jimmy go, despite becoming a red zone animal, it seemed like he was checked out most the year when his number wasn't being called inside the 20. See all the questionable drops and missed passes throughout the season.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
It would be interesting to see people on this board start arguing against re-signing Frank Clark. By their logic, he's only going to end up exactly where Earl is now, expensive and holding us back despite continuing to produce, and Bill Belichick would kick him to the curb after his first contract.

In all seriousness, though, I think it'd be silly not to extend him, so IMHO, he should be taken off the poll to make it a lot more interesting. But that's OP's call, not mine. :D

Jville

Reaction score
Wenhawk":j5dg4u5q said:
We have 4 players that will command about $10-15 mil per year. We cannot afford to keep them all, more likely we will only be able to re-sign 1 or 2 of them. If you could only pick one who do we keep around for another 4 or 5 years.
I see you voted for Frank Clark. I had hoped Frank would have become a complete full time player by now. Seems like a desirable prerequisite for an expensive contract extension. Such an extension for Clark would be a bet on a projection as to how complete a force he can become. They have made those types of bets in the past with varying results. Clark is under contract for 2018 along with Earl Thomas. Earl Thomas is the proven solid player at his peak ...... if he still wants to continue as a Seahawk. Home is where the heart is.

I've enjoyed Jimmy Graham, the pilot, and think there are accurate passers out there for him to continue his football interests. I admit to a preference for Delanie Walker who might have been a better fit after the departure of Zach Miller. Sheldon Richardson has also played out his contract. I remain on the fence with regards to signing Sheldon to a big multiyear contract. I don't know that he completely settled in prior to the end of the season. So, for me, his multi year value is a bit of a projection and gamble.

The first of the decisions are with Graham and Richardson. I expect both to test the free agency and exploit all the surplus cap room out there. Where as there remains plenty of time to consider extensions for Thomas and Clark in the coming months.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Despite my annoyance with him, I chose Earl. He's the only first ballot HOF talent there

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I was thinking of this today with guys like Thomas, Chancellor, Sherman, Bennett, Chancellor etc all not certain to come back - I was going back to the Houston game. Earl got hurt late that game, and by the time he came back Richard and Kam went down. I would have never guessed it at the time, but that might have been the last game for this core on D to be together on the field. I find it sad when I think of that and the great football that group was a big part of that I enjoyed the last 5 years.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
The team should try to keep Earl. He does so much on the back end of our defense. He's the one guy on this list that's irreplaceable imo

SoCalSeahawk

Reaction score
Wenhawk":3l38mwvc said:

Since Earl and Frank are not free agents this year my guess is that they will both play under their current contract for 2018. The Seahawks have much more cap space in 2019 and will evaluate then. Earl can posture all he wants, but if he is looking for a big contract in 2019 then he has no choice but to play like it in 2018. I think Sheldon Richardson is re-signed this year and Frank Clark next year. Earl is tough to call, but he is still elite and playing out one more contract with the Seahawks would be a good thing. I think Jimmy G is gone. We will likely get a third round comp pick for him next year.

nwHawk

Reaction score
This is a tough call. I'd resign Frank Clark, over Earl even though Earl is a better player. This team is going to shed distractions this off-season. I love the way Earl plays, but he mayh be on his way out.

Jimmy and Sheldon aren't worth the big dollars that are being floated around.

Seymour

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2qf3y0sx said:
It would be interesting to see people on this board start arguing against re-signing Frank Clark. By their logic, he's only going to end up exactly where Earl is now, expensive and holding us back despite continuing to produce, and Bill Belichick would kick him to the curb after his first contract.

In all seriousness, though, I think it'd be silly not to extend him, so IMHO, he should be taken off the poll to make it a lot more interesting. But that's OP's call, not mine. :D

So nobody has argued this point, yet somehow you know what their logic will be that they have never used yet?

N37nkkimyns6wr51ud16 400x400

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Earl and Clark if I could pick 2. Clark if I could pick 1. While I feel Earl is not replaceable, you have to go with the younger player at this point. Without Clark, we are going to be hurting at DE big time.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
While I don't consider Clark to be an "elite" player (he can be shut down by a good to great tackle), he's definitely worth re-signing if the money is right.

chris98251

Reaction score
hawknation2018":5tt595t4 said:
While I don't consider Clark to be an "elite" player (he can be shut down by a good to great tackle), he's definitely worth re-signing if the money is right.

How many elites did Walter Jones shut down over the years, some match ups just don't work no matter how great one side or the other is.

Sun Tzu

Reaction score
I'm calling my shot:
Earl gets traded,
Frank signs an extension,
Jimmy walks,
Sheldon gets re-signed.

OP
OP
QuahHawk

QuahHawk

Reaction score