No official releases about firings and hirings

chris98251

Reaction score
Seems unusual, no press conferences officially from the team concerning the firings and hiring's of our OC, DC, other coaches, I would think that Pete would normally have said something about direction the guys hired etc. I didn't expect a lot about details of who he released, not his way of doing business. But stating a direction and focus that the new hires bring is.

Anyone else know more or have any thoughts?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I could be wrong but the feeling I’m getting is the firings came from above Pete.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":vcfiwih6 said:
I could be wrong but the feeling I’m getting is the firings came from above Pete.

No indication of that as of yet, and it would explicitly contradict Pete's contractual powers as VP.

Also, Seahawks don't usually held press conferences for new hires (except HC).

There were no press conferences announcing the hirings of Tom Cable or Darrell Bevell, for example, or any other new assistant coach in recent memory.

OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
Yeah but you would think with all the buzz that they would say something.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
We're not really a splashy team in terms of press conferences, especially with coaching hires. Even with some of our big signings I don't feel like there was much big press about it from the organization. Not our style

Jville

Reaction score
The less said about firing and hiring ..... the better.

Keeps all the habitual critics in the dark.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Jville":3qyzwfha said:

Why? We got what we wanted. It is the pro-incumbent crowd who are left with questions unanswered.

:D

Jville

Reaction score
hawknation2018":2iud2nzz said:
Jville":2iud2nzz said:

Why? We got what we wanted. It is the pro-incumbent crowd who are left with questions unanswered.

:D

I was referring to the benefit derived by the Seahawk's organization in leaving habitual critics in the dark.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
hawknation2018":1ahpp9u2 said:
Sports Hernia":1ahpp9u2 said:

No indication of that as of yet, and it would explicitly contradict Pete's contractual powers as VP.

There were no press conferences announcing the hirings of Tom Cable or Darrell Bevell, for example, or any other new assistant coach in recent memory.
Paul Allen is above Pete. Owner > than VP.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
There were articles for all the coaching changes on Seahawks.com. Releases don't get any more official than that.

Vpk0718

Reaction score
Maybe all of it only happened in our heads. We'll tune in to the first game and the old coaches will still be on the sidelines.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Vpk0718":3g4tp40s said:
Maybe all of it only happened in our heads. We'll tune in to the first game and the old coaches will still be on the sidelines.

:shock:

Seahawkville

Reaction score
It took almost 2 weeks to announce the O-Firings. There is no reason to watch the news feed for the Seahawks. This has been learned since 2010.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":p0huwsq3 said:
hawknation2018":p0huwsq3 said:
Sports Hernia":p0huwsq3 said:

Except Paul Allen has always left football decisions for the football people. He's fired his football people when they aren't meeting his expectations. There's nothing out there (except speculation by some for any number of reasons) that PA is behind the firings.

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":rqohnaqc said:

So Pete has huge say in player acquisition (in many cases people around the Hawks say more than John) but not in who is on his coaching staff? Doubtful.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
kidhawk":2bfwl2uy said:
Sports Hernia":2bfwl2uy said:
hawknation2018":2bfwl2uy said:
Sports Hernia":2bfwl2uy said:

Except Paul Allen has always left football decisions for the football people. He's fired his football people when they aren't meeting his expectations. There's nothing out there (except speculation by some for any number of reasons) that PA is behind the firings.

PA still could have insisted on change and also let Pete make those changes. I can totally see PA, PC and JS in a conference room and PA saying we need to move in a different direction, "you guys make it happen let me know what you come with and I'll let you know if it is enough". Might not be those exact same words but that context.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Vpk0718":3oczyx02 said:

Lol! Id probably have a panic attack

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":27uwdgfe said:

So Pete has huge say in player acquisition (in many cases people around the Hawks say more than John) but not in who is on his coaching staff? Doubtful.