Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Next Year's Opponents

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Next Year's Opponents
Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:20 pm
  • Aside from the usual suspects (Frisco, AZ, LA)

Home - Kansas City
    Home - LA Chargers
    Home - Dallas
    Home - Green Bay
    Home - Minnesota

Away - Denver
    Away - Oakland (in London)
    Away - Chicago
    Away - Detroit
    Away - Carolina
    The_Z_Man
    NET Veteran

Re: Next Year's Opponents
Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:26 am
  • I updated your post to confirm who the away and home teams are :2thumbs:
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:44 am
  • Oh man, am I looking forward to Green Bay returning to the Clink. I hope we make Rodgers cry.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:20 am
  • I know each year is its own but IMO this doesn't appear to be that bad of a schedule. Most of what seem to be the tough games are at home and having Oakland be yhge home team in London is a major plus. Will be interesting to see how and when they schedule around the Oakland game.
    seabowl
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:33 am
  • 10-6 ?
    9-7 ?
    I see some tough games there.
    Send Lawyers, Guns and Money!
    GO 'HAWKS!!
    WmHBonney
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:35 am
  • seabowl wrote:I know each year is its own but IMO this doesn't appear to be that bad of a schedule. Most of what seem to be the tough games are at home and having Oakland be yhge home team in London is a major plus. Will be interesting to see how and when they schedule around the Oakland game.

The week after the London game is always a bye. So our bye is all but confirmed at this point Week 7 (not bad). Hopefully the week before is either @DET, @CHI, or @CAR. Would make a lot of sense logistically. They could just stay the night in that city then the next day fly across the pond.
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:13 am
  • seabowl wrote:I know each year is its own but IMO this doesn't appear to be that bad of a schedule. Most of what seem to be the tough games are at home and having Oakland be yhge home team in London is a major plus. Will be interesting to see how and when they schedule around the Oakland game.

That's what we thought about 2017, and we lost 4 home games. :229031_shrug:
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:42 am
  • Steve2222 wrote:
    seabowl wrote:I know each year is its own but IMO this doesn't appear to be that bad of a schedule. Most of what seem to be the tough games are at home and having Oakland be yhge home team in London is a major plus. Will be interesting to see how and when they schedule around the Oakland game.

The week after the London game is always a bye. So our bye is all but confirmed at this point Week 7 (not bad). Hopefully the week before is either @DET, @CHI, or @CAR. Would make a lot of sense logistically. They could just stay the night in that city then the next day fly across the pond.

Teams are given the option but it’s not mandatory.

A couple have turned down the bye after London recently.
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:29 pm
  • Last time we played at Mile High, Jim Mora was coach.
    The_Z_Man
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:37 pm
  • Man I hope we can kill the Packers and Chargers. Bolts fans have been talking mad smack about how good their defense will be next year.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:27 pm
  • adeltaY wrote:Man I hope we can kill the Packers and Chargers. Bolts fans have been talking mad smack about how good their defense will be next year.

The Chargers defense IS good. At least we won't be melting in the San Diego heat.
    Send Lawyers, Guns and Money!
    GO 'HAWKS!!
    WmHBonney
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:31 pm
  • Yay! Looks like I will be going to the Detroit game! Had a blast when I went in 2012.
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:45 pm
  • original poster wrote:
    Steve2222 wrote:
    seabowl wrote:I know each year is its own but IMO this doesn't appear to be that bad of a schedule. Most of what seem to be the tough games are at home and having Oakland be yhge home team in London is a major plus. Will be interesting to see how and when they schedule around the Oakland game.

Are you positive? I’m fairly confident every team has had their bye the following week. And it’d be absolutely foolish to turn it down. Especially for a west coast team.
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:02 pm
  • Steve2222 wrote:
    original poster wrote:
    Steve2222 wrote:

Are you positive? I’m fairly confident every team has had their bye the following week. And it’d be absolutely foolish to turn it down. Especially for a west coast team.

I’m 100%.

Think it was Minny that didn’t this year for example.
    www.hawk-talk.com

original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:07 pm
  • Home - Kansas City
    Home - LA Chargers
    Home - Dallas
    Home - Green Bay
    Home - Minnesota
    This is the best set of Home games we have had in a few seasons. Every one of these games have a good story and will be quick sell outs.

Away - Denver
    Away - Oakland (in London)
    Away - Chicago
    Away - Detroit
    Away - Carolina

We could sweep this away schedule, got to wonder if we will be favorites in all these away games.
    Wenhawk
    .NET Owner

Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:10 pm
  • original poster wrote:
    Steve2222 wrote:
    original poster wrote:
    Steve2222 wrote:

I’m 100%.

Think it was Minny that didn’t this year for example.

Nope.

http://www.fbschedules.com/nfl-17/2017- ... hedule.php
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:16 pm
  • Due to significant time zone differences, from 2007–2015 teams playing in London would have their bye week in the following week after their game in London. For 2016, the Indianapolis Colts volunteered to play a game the week after their London game, preferring to have their bye week later in the season. The Colts playing the week after London was also done by the NFL as a test to see team fatigue for evaluation of an eventual London franchise.[13] As Mexico City is within the Central Time Zone—eight NFL teams play home games in Central Time and the rest are within two hours of it—no bye week would be needed for those teams, though they may still by chance be scheduled their regular bye week anyway. For 2017, three teams playing in London (Baltimore, Jacksonville, and Miami), will have games immediately following their International Series game.[14] In all three cases, the teams playing after their International Series game are based on the East Coast of the United States and will either be home or (in the Jaguars case) playing in East Rutherford, New Jersey.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_International_Series
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:29 am
  • If anyone is going to the Detroit game, hit me up. I would like to meet more from this site.
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:19 am
  • WmHBonney wrote:
    adeltaY wrote:Man I hope we can kill the Packers and Chargers. Bolts fans have been talking mad smack about how good their defense will be next year.

The Chargers defense IS good. At least we won't be melting in the San Diego heat.

Oh you are absolutely correct. Some are acting like their defense is peak seahawks tier though. They just haven't proven shit in the playoffs. Neither has the Jags D tbh.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

It is currently Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:36 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information