Next Year's Opponents

seabowl

Reaction score
I know each year is its own but IMO this doesn't appear to be that bad of a schedule. Most of what seem to be the tough games are at home and having Oakland be yhge home team in London is a major plus. Will be interesting to see how and when they schedule around the Oakland game.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
10-6 ?
9-7 ?
I see some tough games there.

Steve2222

Reaction score
seabowl":2y1jvyi4 said:
I know each year is its own but IMO this doesn't appear to be that bad of a schedule. Most of what seem to be the tough games are at home and having Oakland be yhge home team in London is a major plus. Will be interesting to see how and when they schedule around the Oakland game.

The week after the London game is always a bye. So our bye is all but confirmed at this point Week 7 (not bad). Hopefully the week before is either @DET, @CHI, or @CAR. Would make a lot of sense logistically. They could just stay the night in that city then the next day fly across the pond.

sutz

Reaction score
seabowl":yf60tuca said:
That's what we thought about 2017, and we lost 4 home games. :229031_shrug:

OP
OP
original poster

original poster

Reaction score
Steve2222":1a9evfyj said:
seabowl":1a9evfyj said:

The week after the London game is always a bye. So our bye is all but confirmed at this point Week 7 (not bad). Hopefully the week before is either @DET, @CHI, or @CAR. Would make a lot of sense logistically. They could just stay the night in that city then the next day fly across the pond.

Teams are given the option but it’s not mandatory.

A couple have turned down the bye after London recently.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Man I hope we can kill the Packers and Chargers. Bolts fans have been talking mad smack about how good their defense will be next year.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
adeltaY":qm0wl0mr said:
Man I hope we can kill the Packers and Chargers. Bolts fans have been talking mad smack about how good their defense will be next year.

The Chargers defense IS good. At least we won't be melting in the San Diego heat.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Yay! Looks like I will be going to the Detroit game! Had a blast when I went in 2012.

Steve2222

Reaction score
original poster":27s5nmpd said:
Steve2222":27s5nmpd said:
seabowl":27s5nmpd said:

Are you positive? I’m fairly confident every team has had their bye the following week. And it’d be absolutely foolish to turn it down. Especially for a west coast team.

OP
OP
original poster

original poster

Reaction score
Steve2222":3riurn8g said:
original poster":3riurn8g said:
Steve2222":3riurn8g said:
seabowl":3riurn8g said:

Are you positive? I’m fairly confident every team has had their bye the following week. And it’d be absolutely foolish to turn it down. Especially for a west coast team.

I’m 100%.

Think it was Minny that didn’t this year for example.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Home - Kansas City
Home - LA Chargers
Home - Dallas
Home - Green Bay
Home - Minnesota
This is the best set of Home games we have had in a few seasons. Every one of these games have a good story and will be quick sell outs.

Away - Denver
Away - Oakland (in London)
Away - Chicago
Away - Detroit
Away - Carolina

We could sweep this away schedule, got to wonder if we will be favorites in all these away games.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
original poster":6fywf2c1 said:
Steve2222":6fywf2c1 said:
original poster":6fywf2c1 said:
Steve2222":6fywf2c1 said:

I’m 100%.

Think it was Minny that didn’t this year for example.

Nope.

http://www.fbschedules.com/nfl-17/2017- ... hedule.php

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Due to significant time zone differences, from 2007–2015 teams playing in London would have their bye week in the following week after their game in London. For 2016, the Indianapolis Colts volunteered to play a game the week after their London game, preferring to have their bye week later in the season. The Colts playing the week after London was also done by the NFL as a test to see team fatigue for evaluation of an eventual London franchise.[13] As Mexico City is within the Central Time Zone—eight NFL teams play home games in Central Time and the rest are within two hours of it—no bye week would be needed for those teams, though they may still by chance be scheduled their regular bye week anyway. For 2017, three teams playing in London (Baltimore, Jacksonville, and Miami), will have games immediately following their International Series game.[14] In all three cases, the teams playing after their International Series game are based on the East Coast of the United States and will either be home or (in the Jaguars case) playing in East Rutherford, New Jersey.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_International_Series

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
If anyone is going to the Detroit game, hit me up. I would like to meet more from this site.

adeltaY

Reaction score
WmHBonney":1r1llpfq said:
adeltaY":1r1llpfq said:

The Chargers defense IS good. At least we won't be melting in the San Diego heat.

Oh you are absolutely correct. Some are acting like their defense is peak seahawks tier though. They just haven't proven shit in the playoffs. Neither has the Jags D tbh.