New QB coach ? speculation

pmedic920

Reaction score
Jim Zorn?

Hearing rumblings, I am.

I’d be Happy to get Jim into our system. I think he has a lot of experience to offer.
I see him as potentially a ton of help to the new OC, and he’s actually one of the guys I would have liked them to bring in as OC.

Edit: and for those unaware, he’s coaching the the West in today’s E vs W Shrine Game.

warden

Reaction score
Not only is Jim Zorn a very good QB coach, he as a player was a good scrambler, he and Russell should be able to work well together

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
Rumblings?

I just saw an alert on my phone from BR but went to look for an actual “story” and not seeing one.

So at this point, please consider this pure speculation.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
He has experience coaching too.....at Boise State. He was QB coach here before he went to Washington Redskins.

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
Oh I would love Zorn for QB coach so so much. This would be my favourite coaching hire this year

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
I've been expecting the hammer to come down on Carl Smith, and I'm a bit surprised that it hasn't already. Jim Zorn would make a ton of sense not only from his experience as a coach, but also as a player. Zorn was like Russell Wilson in many ways -- a mobile elusive QB with a good arm. And a Seahawks QB at that who just so happens to be in the Ring of Honor. I can't think of a more ideal QB coach I'd rather have for Russell Wilson. Please let this be true and to come to fruition. :pray:

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":32a7t3sl said:
https://247sports.com/nfl/seattle-seahawks/Bolt/Seahawks-have-strong-interest-in-bringing-back-Jim-Zorn-113967620/Amp

[tweet]https://twitter.com/mlombardinfl/status/954740160503009283[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Softykjr/status/954801151261593601[/tweet]

Thanks for adding a real link.

I looked as soon as I got the alert but then had to step away.

Glad to know I wasn’t dreaming.

:{)

jake206

Reaction score
Zorn worked with:

Charlie Batch & Gus Frerotte (DET) Matt Hasselbeck & Trent Dilfer (SEA) Jason Campbell (WASH) Joe Flacco (BAL) Matt Cassel (KC)

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":ff95qpxi said:
I've been expecting the hammer to come down on Carl Smith, and I'm a bit surprised that it hasn't already. Jim Zorn would make a ton of sense not only from his experience as a coach, but also as a player. Zorn was like Russell Wilson in many ways -- a mobile elusive QB with a good arm. And a Seahawks QB at that who just so happens to be in the Ring of Honor. I can't think of a more ideal QB coach I'd rather have for Russell Wilson. Please let this be true and to come to fruition. :pray:
Did you actually see Zorn play?
For one Zorn is LH.
He wasn't a great passer ..He had Steve and even then really look at Zorns stats as a player.
I can't see what RW can really learn from him .I'm sorry I just cannot see

nIdahoSeahawk

Reaction score
IndyHawk":qt9yfxlw said:
Hawkscanner":qt9yfxlw said:
For one Zorn is LH.
He wasn't a great passer ..He had Steve and even then really look at Zorns stats as a player.

He’s learning his knowledge from the position as a coach, not reviewing his play from all those years ago. Zorn has been far more successful as a QB coach than as a player.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Ya Zorn sucks...sheesh....

Zorn moved up to the pro coaching ranks in 1997 with the Seattle Seahawks as quarterbacks coach under head coach Dennis Erickson. He then spent three seasons with the Detroit Lions (1998–2000) under head coach Bobby Ross, and was instrumental in the development of rookie quarterback Charlie Batch in 1998.[5] Batch's 88.3 passer rating that season ranks as the fourth-highest rookie mark in NFL history.

He returned to Seattle in 2001 and worked with head coach Mike Holmgren and offensive coordinator Gil Haskell in implementing the team's offense while also furthering the development of the team's quarterbacks.[5] In 2003, Zorn tutored Matt Hasselbeck, who set a franchise record with 3,841 passing yards. Hasselbeck became the franchise's most-efficient passer (85.1 rating) while joining Zorn as the only Seahawks’ quarterback to pass for 3,000-plus yards in three consecutive seasons.[5] In 2007 under Zorn, Hasselbeck set Seattle single-season marks for attempts (562), completions (352) and yards (3,966). He also threw for a career-high 28 touchdowns en route to his third Pro Bowl selection.[5]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Zorn

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
IndyHawk":371gacuk said:
Hawkscanner":371gacuk said:
For one Zorn is LH.

Uh, yep. I actually watched Zorn play. I never said that Zorn was All Pro or anything. I don't know why being LH matters (so was Steve Young). All I was saying is that there are SOME (and I stress some) similarities in styles (Zorn was mobile, just like Russell ... and like Russell, Zorn always seemed to be looking for those deep shots).

Here you go. This is what I'm talking about ...
[youtube]CeAf-3M9N2k[/youtube]

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Jim Zorn as QB coach would be awesome. Definitely it's what the doctor ordered to get things moving forward. Get'er done Seahawks!!

Who cares if he wasn't an all-pro QB during his playing days...he's not coming here to play. He's coaching. Most successful coaches weren't the best players. Zorn has proved he's a successful coach.