Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Clayton doesn't think PRich will get $6m APY from Seahawks

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13

• Good. Hopefully it's about $6-7M for Graham as well.

They might be able to get Terrelle Pryor, Donte Moncrief, Jordan Matthews, Eric Decker, Cody Latimer, Brice Butler on cheap 1 year deals...and trade Michael Bennett for Martavis Bryant if available?

Equanimeous St. Brown or Allen Lazard in the 4th? Yes please.
    massari
    NET Veteran

• I'd much rather have Richardson than Lockett.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

• Rat wrote:I'd much rather have Richardson than Lockett.

Not me. I think we're gonna see a healthy Lockett next season and it's gonna be glorious.
    King Dog
    NET Veteran

• P-Rich is in that perfect spot where he's more valuable to his first team than most fans realize, and less valuable to the rest of the league than most fans realize. His chemistry with Russ and clutch gene make him important, but there's no way he's earned Robert Woods money. Another Kearse, basically.

If some other team offers him more than Seattle does, it'll be because they're stupid (and I don't mean "eh someone always overpays" stupid, I mean Dan Snyder-level stupid). He probably ends up back with Seattle.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• Rat wrote:I'd much rather have Richardson than Lockett.

I think Lockett gives you way more versatility than P-Rich. And I still don't trust P-Rich to hold up with his slight frame through a second contract.

I'd rather have Lockett around and groom Darboh to be the P-Rich replacement.

AS we've seen over the years, Russ can use anyone as a weapon. Resources need to go to the OL. No use overpaying for any of our WR. And no way should P-Rich earn more than Baldwin.
    Mad Dog
    NET Rookie

• Lockett over PRich ten times out of ten.
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• original poster wrote:Lockett over PRich ten times out of ten.

^ This. SO much ^ this.

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Not for me, they are close. P-Rich is the fastest man in the team, speed is important and he draws more feel coverage than you would expect. Lockett had to stay injury free and regain all his speed before I'd pay him. He was special his rookie year.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran

• Aros wrote:
    original poster wrote:Lockett over PRich ten times out of ten.

^ This. SO much ^ this.

Agree.
    Hawkfish
    NET Veteran

• There are a bunch of 5.5 mil APY receivers out there who arguably are better than him. If he thinks he’s worth the big bucks, it won’t be in Seattle. Great at high pointing passes, pretty fast, can’t block. Lots of similar players like him.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

• I wouldnt give him more than that either....

In 4 years, only this past year he has done anything of substance...

In his first 3 years and 31 games played, only 51 catches 599 yards and 2TD

This past year he had a decent year but it wasnt anything special

44 catches, 703 yards and 6TD

Catch wise 86th in the league, yard wise 45th in the league, TD tied 26th in the league

AVG per year of around 5-6 would put him in with the likes of Chris Hogan, Erick Decker, Kearse, Thielen, Mike Williams, Sammy Watkins, Brandon Marshall, Edelman, Amari Cooper, Mike Wallace, Golden Tate

"Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does"
    WilsonMVP
    NET Veteran

• Wenhawk wrote:Lockett had to stay injury free and regain all his speed before I'd pay him. He was special his rookie year.

This, for me. Without that last kick return against Arizona in the very last game of the season, everyone in this thread is singing a different tune about Lockett. He was a terrific receiver in 2016 but never showed anywhere near his old self in that capacity in 2017. I'm just glad he's still playing.
    GO HAWKS!!!

MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• I fully expect him to have a considerably better year in 2018. Full training camp, trusts his body and wha it can do.
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• Except he doesn't fit the Schottenhiemer Receiver Profile, not a big guy, speed yes. We will have to see, Darboh, McEvoy, Moore all are more closely what he would want. Even Prosise if moved is bigger.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Whoever we keep they need to start getting some separation, PRich is great at going up for contested balls but there isn't any separation. With all that speed you would think he would be getting more wide open sometimes. I'm speculating that his route running isn't that great.

Gimme a slow Steve Largent type w/tricky footwork over a fast track-champion type who is too predictable.
    In the old days the other O-linemen would have just taken Ifedi out back and beat the crap out of him.
    DomeHawk
    NET Starter

• MontanaHawk05 wrote:P-Rich is in that perfect spot where he's more valuable to his first team than most fans realize, and less valuable to the rest of the league than most fans realize. His chemistry with Russ and clutch gene make him important, but there's no way he's earned Robert Woods money. Another Kearse, basically.

If some other team offers him more than Seattle does, it'll be because they're stupid (and I don't mean "eh someone always overpays" stupid, I mean Dan Snyder-level stupid). He probably ends up back with Seattle.

Awesome!
    Send Lawyers, Guns and Money!
    GO 'HAWKS!!
    WmHBonney
    NET Veteran

• Although I like both has anyone given the possibility of neither being retained due to their injuries.

Lockett clearly lost something and unless he gains it back he won't be worth resigning.
    P. Rich hasn't shown he can stay healthy long term.

So it's a wash on both, although I like Lockett better if he can regain his old form.
    .NET Pick The Score - 1st Season

"Sometimes, guys can't hang with what's expected for one reason or another, their growth, their development and all that, and the best thing I can tell you is that they're not here." - Big Balls Pete
    NFSeahawks628
    NET Veteran

Location: Born: Tacoma, WA Current Location: Tally, Seminole Country (Road Hawk)

• chris98251 wrote:Except he doesn't fit the Schottenhiemer Receiver Profile, not a big guy, speed yes.

That's not the Schottenheimer profile.
    GO HAWKS!!!

MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• Give me Lockett any day over P-rich. Locketts versatility in the passing game and ability to stay healthy, albeit one leg injury, has been proven. P-rich however has had, correct me if I'm wrong, one healthy season and suddenly thinks he is going to be able to see a six year contract throughout it's entirety. I'm not buying it.
    HoldYourHawk
    NET Rookie

• Four years with the team, and this past season was the first in which he dressed for all 16 games. 44 catches doesn’t merit 3 or 4 million a year, let alone 6.

I agree with Lockett over Richardson. If he leaves, I’d also take a cheap flier on Terrell Pryor. It would be nice to have a big physical receiver that could create mismatches on the outside.
    ben@thetabs
    THE TABS
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• Wenhawk wrote:Not for me, they are close. P-Rich is the fastest man in the team, speed is important and he draws more feel coverage than you would expect. Lockett had to stay injury free and regain all his speed before I'd pay him. He was special his rookie year.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

He may be the fastest on the team, but my impression is that it doesnt translate to game speed . Yes he is fast, butI dont see him pulling away from CB's the way I would expect. Of course, I can remember the Galloway days where if he had a 1/2 step he was gone.
    Seahawkwalt1967
    NET Rookie

• MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:Except he doesn't fit the Schottenhiemer Receiver Profile, not a big guy, speed yes.

YES IT IS.

There are a few pieces that will need to be added before anyone can try to predict the early features of the Rams Schottenheimer-led Air Coryell. The St. Louis Rams will need wide receivers with size and/or speed on the outside; polished route runners with a knack for making adjustments on the ball. The system basically doesn’t work without talented receivers. With the sidelines covered, that leaves the middle of the field, where danger and fear collide. This is where the quarterback’s safety nets reside - his clutch slot receiver and an able-bodied tight end. Pair these pass catchers with a workhorse like Steven Jackson in the backfield and you’ll get what I believe to be is an early look at the Rams’ new aerial game plan.

It does say or speed but you need a physical guy for the middle and if all you want is a sprinter for occasional deep balls then Prich isn't worth that money.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Not worth the cap.

Don't get me wrong, I love PRich, he really came into his own this season and in a better offense could likely hit 1k yards. However, in a very low risk way his production can be replaced for a lot cheaper through FA or the draft.
    DrDix
    NET Veteran

• I’d hazard a guess Darboh could at the very least offer 75% of his production for peanuts in comparison. Just needs a chance.
    www.hawk-talk.com

original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• Aros wrote:

^ This. SO much ^ this.

X’s 3!!!
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

• chris98251 wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:Except he doesn't fit the Schottenhiemer Receiver Profile, not a big guy, speed yes.

YES IT IS.

There are a few pieces that will need to be added before anyone can try to predict the early features of the Rams Schottenheimer-led Air Coryell. The St. Louis Rams will need wide receivers with size and/or speed on the outside; polished route runners with a knack for making adjustments on the ball. The system basically doesn’t work without talented receivers. With the sidelines covered, that leaves the middle of the field, where danger and fear collide. This is where the quarterback’s safety nets reside - his clutch slot receiver and an able-bodied tight end. Pair these pass catchers with a workhorse like Steven Jackson in the backfield and you’ll get what I believe to be is an early look at the Rams’ new aerial game plan.

It does say or speed but you need a physical guy for the middle and if all you want is a sprinter for occasional deep balls then Prich isn't worth that money.

I knew exactly what paragraph you were referring to.
    GO HAWKS!!!

MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• they should draft/convert several college o-linemen to fill out their receiving corps. then there would be better blocking on the running plays. plus, big receivers would be very hard to tackle, and wear down a defense as the game went along. just find some college dudes who are 275 pounds or so, and check to see that they want to play wideout/te/h-back, and if they have good hands.

another place to recruit would be off of college bastketball teams.
    mrblitz
    NET Veteran

• The contract amount Richardson will attract is all speculative. We have seen teams, including the Seahawks, overpay. However, I do think Richardson is currently more valuable to Wilson than any other quarterback in the league.

A change in the offensive coaching staff hints at changes to 2018 practice priorities. Assuming that they will cut back on scramble drills and unscripted improvisation in favor of getting in as many scripted plays as possible, it's the guys that own a history with Wilson's improvisation that may have an edge.

Paul Richardson has a skill set that is not immediately replaceable. The speedy but very raw Cyril Grayson Jr. isn't ready. It would take a miracle for him to be ready for a significant role on opening day.

Given that tight end criterion could be altered for the new 2018 offense, who is to say that any resigning might not come down to the more affordable incompetent receiver.

The Seahawk 2018 defense is currently the leagues 6th most expensive while the offense is the 8th least expensive. A release of Jeremy Lane and a signing of Paul Richardson would improve cap balance. Richardson's best years are ahead of him.

This is a big year for cap management.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• WilsonMVP wrote:I wouldnt give him more than that either....

In 4 years, only this past year he has done anything of substance...

In his first 3 years and 31 games played, only 51 catches 599 yards and 2TD

This past year he had a decent year but it wasnt anything special

44 catches, 703 yards and 6TD

Catch wise 86th in the league, yard wise 45th in the league, TD tied 26th in the league

AVG per year of around 5-6 would put him in with the likes of Chris Hogan, Erick Decker, Kearse, Thielen, Mike Williams, Sammy Watkins, Brandon Marshall, Edelman, Amari Cooper, Mike Wallace, Golden Tate

Still hurts we didn't come up with the cash for Tate. He's actually worth that price bracket.

I agree, PRich is not worth it. Before this year, we would all have waved goodbye without a second thought because of his injury history. I don't trust him and I'd rather use the money elsewhere.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    * NET Moderator *

• original poster wrote:Lockett over PRich ten times out of ten.

:ditto:
    We Fired Tom Cable!
    xgeoff
    NET Veteran

• I've said since November that all I'd give P-Rich is a 2-3 year Kearse type deal to prove he's worth a bigger contract.

No one's going to give him more than this, he hasn't proven anything other than he's still got upside, and upside isn't worth much in the NFL until you prove it.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• Sgt. Largent wrote:I've said since November that all I'd give P-Rich is a 2-3 year Kearse type deal to prove he's worth a bigger contract.

No one's going to give him more than this, he hasn't proven anything other than he's still got upside, and upside isn't worth much in the NFL until you prove it.

LOL.....Nope.....

The Seattle Seahawks signed first-round draft pick Aaron Curry to a six-year deal that guarantees the linebacker $34 million, a league source told NFL Network's Jason La Canfora on Saturday.

The contract is the richest for a rookie non-quarterback in NFL history, The Associated Press reports, and has a maximum value of $60 million, according to the league source.

The trade between Seattle and Minnesota that brought Harvin to the Seahawks became official once the NFL's league year began Tuesday. The Seahawks gave up a trio of draft picks, including the first-round pick in 2013.

Harvin signed a six-year, $67 million extension with the Seahawks, with $25 million guaranteed, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• Seymour wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:I've said since November that all I'd give P-Rich is a 2-3 year Kearse type deal to prove he's worth a bigger contract.

LOL.....Nope.....

The Seattle Seahawks signed first-round draft pick Aaron Curry to a six-year deal that guarantees the linebacker $34 million, a league source told NFL Network's Jason La Canfora on Saturday.

The contract is the richest for a rookie non-quarterback in NFL history, The Associated Press reports, and has a maximum value of $60 million, according to the league source.

The trade between Seattle and Minnesota that brought Harvin to the Seahawks became official once the NFL's league year began Tuesday. The Seahawks gave up a trio of draft picks, including the first-round pick in 2013.

Harvin signed a six-year, $67 million extension with the Seahawks, with $25 million guaranteed, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

1. First round picks are different, especially before the new CBA slotting contracts.

2. Harvin had proved himself, 60+ receptions for four years and one of the most dynamic playmakers in the league. Maybe we got screwed on the deal, but it doesn't mean he didn't prove himself........or else we wouldn't have paid him.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• Aros wrote:

^ This. SO much ^ this.

Why? Lockett hasn't done a lot the last 2 years. His return game has been limited and his receiving hasn't taken off.
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran

• jlwaters1 wrote:
    Aros wrote:

^ This. SO much ^ this.

Why? Lockett hasn't done a lot the last 2 years. His return game has been limited and his receiving hasn't taken off.

And he can't block on the perimeter. Huge issue in the offense Pete wants to run.
    GO HAWKS!!!

MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    jlwaters1 wrote:
    Aros wrote:

^ This. SO much ^ this.

And he can't block on the perimeter. Huge issue in the offense Pete wants to run.

Richardson is an even worse blocker.........and he doesn't return kicks or punts.

It's true that Lockett has lost a step, but he's coming off a major leg break. So I fully expect him to regain his quickness and burst next year, or get closer than he was this year.

People can say whatever they want about P-Rich, he ain't getting a big contract, here or elsewhere. Slight, injury prone and inconsistent doesn't = 6-8M a year. It equals 3-5M a year and prove you can stay healthy and consistently catch balls if you want more.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• Sgt. Largent wrote:So I fully expect him to regain his quickness and burst next year, or get closer than he was this year.

That's a lot of faith. He might get it back, he might not.
    GO HAWKS!!!

MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:So I fully expect him to regain his quickness and burst next year, or get closer than he was this year.

He was just starting to regain it towards the end of this year if you noticed. The timeline for major leg breaks is 12-18 months, so I'm certainly not going to write off Tyler just yet............and again if I was choosing between him and P-Rich? I'd choose Lockett.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• Sgt. Largent wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:So I fully expect him to regain his quickness and burst next year, or get closer than he was this year.

He was just starting to regain it towards the end of this year if you noticed. The timeline for major leg breaks is 12-18 months, so I'm certainly not going to write off Tyler just yet............and again if I was choosing between him and P-Rich? I'd choose Lockett.

He had one nice return for a touchdown, without which we're probably a lot more inclined towards keeping P-Rich.

Lockett never returned his form as a RECEIVER, nor showed any real evidence of it. That's where his value needs to show up if we're going to stick with this value assessment. If he stays at his current gear, he's a shadow of the guy we drafted and not worth keeping in exchange for a guy who at least gave us six touchdowns and has better chances of high-pointing 50/50 balls.
    GO HAWKS!!!

MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• MontanaHawk05 wrote:Lockett never returned his form as a RECEIVER, nor showed any real evidence of it. That's where his value needs to show up if we're going to stick with this value assessment. If he stays at his current gear, he's a shadow of the guy we drafted and not worth keeping in exchange for a guy who at least gave us six touchdowns and has better chances of high-pointing 50/50 balls.

That's what my eyes saw on the field this year as well. PRich was the far more valuable *receiver* and Wilson trusted him, including at crunch time. Richardson had numerous big catches at key times. Lockett had a couple here and there.

Lockett is easier to connect with emotionally, for fans, but PRich is the better *receiver* at present, and the one Wilson looks for when things break down. That said, I have no idea what the team will do here, other than I think they will make PRich a reasonable offer to stay.
    2017 Adopt-A-Rookie: Chris Carson
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran

• Give that money to Allen Robinson - he should have been our pick anyway.
    ImTheScientist wrote:This guy is the closest thing to beast mode we will ever see. You got a glimpse of that yesterday. He was instantly my favorite player when they signed him. Give the dude a chance and don't overreact or overthink preseason. Go Hawks. Lacy will rush for 1,100 and 10TDs. Bend the knee.
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:

He had one nice return for a touchdown, without which we're probably a lot more inclined towards keeping P-Rich.

Lockett never returned his form as a RECEIVER, nor showed any real evidence of it. That's where his value needs to show up if we're going to stick with this value assessment. If he stays at his current gear, he's a shadow of the guy we drafted and not worth keeping in exchange for a guy who at least gave us six touchdowns and has better chances of high-pointing 50/50 balls.

I guess I'm not ready to just give up on Lockett. Dude's a baller, and even at 80% of his top quickness and speed I'd rather have him over P-Rich, who gets hurt, doesn't play special teams and is the most inconsistent WR on the roster...........and I'm CERTAINLY not giving him a fat new contract at 6-8M a year.

I know we love our players, but the FA market and draft is full of Paul Richardsons, skinny fast guys.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• Hasselbeck wrote:Give that money to Allen Robinson - he should have been our pick anyway.

Give me Norwell or Pugh at LG, then if there's money left over, consider Robinson if the price is right.
    massari
    NET Veteran

• massari wrote:
    Hasselbeck wrote:Give that money to Allen Robinson - he should have been our pick anyway.

Give me Norwell or Pugh at LG, then if there's money left over, consider Robinson if the price is right.

Sounds like they're going to tag Robinson anyway.
    King Dog
    NET Veteran

• King Dog wrote:
    massari wrote:
    Hasselbeck wrote:Give that money to Allen Robinson - he should have been our pick anyway.

Sounds like they're going to tag Robinson anyway.

Yeah I heard the same.
    www.hawk-talk.com

original poster
    * NET Moderator *

It is currently Sun May 27, 2018 11:49 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information