Marcel Reece surprised the Seahawks never brought him back

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Former Seahawks fullback Marcel Reece came to town two seasons ago and aided in getting Thomas Rawls back on track following his return from injury that season. He even helped Rawls set the franchise record for playoff yards versus the Detroit Lions in the Wild Card round. And despite that fact and his return to the team during training camp this season, he was left off the active roster and never played a snap for Seattle all regular season.

I was hoping they would have brought him back. I like Madden, but Reece's veteran experience could have been a difference maker.

https://247sports.com/nfl/seattle-seaha ... -113940509

toffee

Reaction score
Mistashoesta":3uzi2gjg said:
Former Seahawks fullback Marcel Reece came to town two seasons ago and aided in getting Thomas Rawls back on track following his return from injury that season. He even helped Rawls set the franchise record for playoff yards versus the Detroit Lions in the Wild Card round. And despite that fact and his return to the team during training camp this season, he was left off the active roster and never played a snap for Seattle all regular season.

I was hoping they would have brought him back. I like Madden, but Reece's veteran experience could have been a difference maker.

When in doubt, blame Cable :)

hawknation2018

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/BradyHenderson/status/954428821171654658[/tweet]

I think we were ALL waiting for that call. It might have been a salary issue, but when you're talking about the prorated vet minimum, I can't believe they didn't budget for the money somewhere for a FB as skilled and consequential as Marcel Reece.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
toffee":1fgxcpoi said:
Mistashoesta":1fgxcpoi said:

When in doubt, blame Cable :)

Might have been Cable too. But Bevell was enemy #1 in phasing out the FB position.

BigMeach

Reaction score
This right here hurts... When you can't figure it out and you have a guy raring to go who was a part of you having it figured out in the past, why not try it out? What's the worst case scenario? We have no run game? wait a minute...

Exittium

Reaction score
Even worse not just rating to go but allegedly holding out specifically for the hawks.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Biggest mistake of the offseason...even over Lacy and whatshisname.

Not bringing in Reece.

Seahawk fans generally grow up to learn to love the FB.

Jon L Williams
Dr. Dan Doornick
Mack Strong
Michael Robinson

Plenty more on that list

Absolute stupidity on the part of the FO and coaching staff that probably made the difference in making the playoffs at all.

We couldn't run all year, but we never bothered to add a FB to help our runningbacks.

D

DomeHawk

He always seemed to be doing something good. I think it was just a number's game, they (and most here) thought going into the season that we had a trio of RB's that could get it done.

Boy! Were we wrong!

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Ironically, it was a supposed million dollar money thing. I say it's ironic because he's a bigger difference maker than say, Joekel, who cost a lot more.

Funny how intentions work out sometimes. I wouldn't have done it that way though, like basically everyone else.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
We saw the absolute downside of the 1 year deal this last year with the failed addition of Lacy who gobbled up Moore than cap. I have to believe Reece was not brought back for a few reasons but unavailable cap was a big part of them. If lacy’s Deal had not been guaranteed he’d have been gone and Reece might have then been back. Reece as well might not hav been a yes man to Cable and Mr. empty backfield Bevell had no idea of how to effectively employ a FB.

This situation seemed strange b/c he came back in TC and it was a popular move amongst the players but then was cut and that was odd and seemed odd that even if it was cap related that there was a choice of the developmental Tre Madden over him.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Reece belongs with us..
He loves Seattle and he plays his heart out every play.
How can you not want a guy that makes the team better?
I hope this season he is part of the change coming in.

toffee

Reaction score
vin.couve12":1z9djwfd said:
Ironically, it was a supposed million dollar money thing. I say it's ironic because he's a bigger difference maker than say, Joekel, who cost a lot more.

Funny how intentions work out sometimes. I wouldn't have done it that way though, like basically everyone else.

Joekel was a joke, he was advertised as one of the best guards by Cable, sigh.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Yep, we got fed BS by Cable and for years actually thought he knew WTF he was doing. He proved he didn’t.

Those of us with eyes knew the OLines he trotted out were rubbishy and seemingly got worse and worse to the point they were the source of sad amusement.

Glad he’s gone and now it’s time to make some personnel changes for the eleventy-ninth time in a row.