A new RB Coach?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
As far as I'm concerned (and I was concerned) Cable had too many pokers in the fire.
What was the reason for sending our RB Coach packing in the first place, was there some sort of falling out, or was it an Ego thing going on with Tom Cable?
Whatever the reasons, our Run Game suffered for it.

907Hawk

Reaction score
It did seem odd the division of work for the offense with Cable as the run game coordinator but he was not the running backs coach, Chad Morton replaced Sherman Smith after he was let go.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
There was a rumor at the time that Smith had something to do with "The Awakening" falling asleep again. He was fired just after C Mike was out so the timing was right, but it wasn't confirmed, of course. As stated, Morton got the job, but who knows how much he had to do with anything.

I do remember that Cable had some sort of coaching majig with Davis this year, stating that he was trying to get him to be more like his South Carolina self. Beyond that, who knows.

What I'd really like to see is an actual expert on the matter that gets this job. A former RB who's had success, but having success doesn't necessarily mean you can convey or teach, so you have to balance that out a little bit.

But I sure as hell don't want some non-experienced coach pertaining to the position itself. Morton is fine and all, but he's a truly home grown player. Even played at USC. Had a little success in the NFL, but we could really use some SME fresh blood there.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
This is a sore spot for me.

Cable got Sherman Smith fired so he coulld take over the running game completely. The results were a joke.

Chad Morton is an unknown at present but he was part of last season’s abject fail.

Given last season’s pitiful results Morton should be on the hot seat and required to show something quickly. He's got to be on the bubble.

OP
OP
S

scutterhawk

Reaction score
jammerhawk":d4a1ri9k said:
This is a sore spot for me.

Cable got Sherman Smith fired so he coulld take over the running game completely. The results were a joke.

Chad Morton is an unknown at present but he was part of last season’s abject fail.

Given last season’s pitiful results Morton should be on the hot seat and required to show something quickly. He's got to be on the bubble.

Morton is still here?!?!?, Hell, I would think that after cleaning house, and knowing how focused Pete Carroll is with reestablishing the run game, ESPECIALLY after such a dismal season, where his leading rusher is his Quarterback, that anyone associated with Cable (minus Brendon Carroll) would have automatically been jettisoned.