Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

RB movements and adjustments under Schottenheimer and Solari

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • I'll have to look more, but a player who can be your Move TE (h-back) and FB with these kinds of receiving skills might be worth a 7th or even 6th rounder. It makes a difference on your active gameday roster.

Edit: Actually, if he runs in the 4.6s then he's definitely worth a 6th. A guy who can be your #2 TE and FB that can run is really valuable.
    Last edited by vin.couve12 on Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

• Looks like a baller. And super cocky. He'd fit right in w/the Hawks :irishdrinkers:
    The Dab was stupid though :)
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• Yeah. Hey, I know you like Guice too and while I don't think he's worth a high investment round pick, I gotta admit, I want to see how fast and quick he is at 224. Really curious about that...
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

• Pretty versatile too, and not afraid to knock fools out :)
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• RB 40s are coming up.
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

• vin.couve12 wrote:RB 40s are coming up.

Yeah really looking forward to seeing how they do.
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• Not the 40 I am interested in, it's the 10 yard numbers, get good numbers there and everything after is gravy, start and accelerate time is a RB's bread and butter as well as breaking tackles after contact.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• I'm watching live on my phone, but they're still only showing OL drills.

It looks like Barkley just showed a 41 inch vert. I think the record is 43...set by Christine Michael.

Edit: record for RBs specifically.
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

• China food sounds good for lunch today. lol
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

• Ok so they say the RBs are getting ready again. Below is the official NFL youtube live link. Nothing illegal here.

https://youtu.be/oBi4wVWwC9k
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

• Charley Casserly is so useless. Barkley with the best time so far at 4.41 at 233 pounds. Casserly says 4.28 by his watch.

Ballage at 4.46.
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

• Official 40 times have come in. Not a lot of surprises to me really other than I didn't expect Guice to run a 4.49 and Michel to run a 4.54. I figured those would be the other way around. I'm still very much interested in 10 and 20 yard splits. Michel also didn't jump the vert either. Not sure why.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/top-performers
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

• vin.couve12 wrote:Charley Casserly is so useless. Barkley with the best time so far at 4.41 at 233 pounds. Casserly says 4.28 by his watch.

Ballage at 4.46.

What was Casserly’s official time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    ++ You can call me a homer, but I am not the only one ++
    toffee
    NET Veteran

• toffee wrote:
    vin.couve12 wrote:Charley Casserly is so useless. Barkley with the best time so far at 4.41 at 233 pounds. Casserly says 4.28 by his watch.

Ballage at 4.46.

What was Casserly’s official time?

Probably 72.3 seconds. He's just that competent.
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

• While I wish this team was in a position to take a Guice or Michel. With this draft being so deep in RB talent, and already having Carson. I hope we are able to trade down collect more draft capital, and grab a RB to pair with Carson like Penny or Ballage. Ballage really looked good today, and his true measurables really fit the bill. Penny paired with Carson intrigue me as well tacklers seen to slide of him, plus he is dangerous in the return game, where he could take over duties for Lockett, how hasn't been the same (to many fare catches) since his injury.
    12forlife
    NET Practice Squad

• It's pretty difficult to see where these guys are projected to go. The draft stocks for Penny and Ballage just went up, but it that enough in the eyes of some teams to take either before Michel, Chubbs or Freeman?

I'm almost certain we trade down and get multiple picks. Waiting until the 3rd round seems fine. Waiting until the 4th might not be. Could Penny, Ballage, or Freeman still be there in the 4th? I think it's important to remember that frenzies tend to happen at positions. If two teams start taking running backs in the 2nd or 3rd...the position itself is going to start coming off the board really fast and you have to dip in or lose out.

I was really wanting to see John Kelly run today, but he didn't. In reading further into him today, he had gotten suspended for an MJ incident and it begs the question about him playing in a legalized state.

I'm not the biggesr fan of Bo Scarborough, but he did really well for himself today. I don't think we go that route, but I can't rule it out because he'll really show up on SPARQ scores.

Dimitri Flowers ran a 4.83 so I wouldn't think we'd draft him for that hybrid FB/2TE role I was talking about. He'll go undrafted.

Ronald Jones II pulled a hammy on his run. I watched it and he pulled up, but kept running anyway. Take his 4.65 and throw it out. He'll run much faster than that when healthy. Probably in the low 4.4s

Might have more thoughts on this later.
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

• Listened to the PC press conf again during a specific part and I caught something.

“Well, we’re really excited about Chris – he didn’t do anything we weren’t excited about,” Carroll explained. “Style of running, nature, tough, physical, explosive, great catcher, and a very, very advanced blocker for a first-year guy in the league. We just loved everything he did.

“I’m really excited to get him back into it . . . really excited to see the battle and Chris has got a place there.”

That last part where he says he has a place (technically said it twice) sticks out to me. Reason being is that even if Davis returns, we don't have a back on the roster that can realistically challenge Carson for the starting spot.It suggests that there is a direct intent to add someone who can.

It probably doesn't convey here, but it seems quite clear in the video.
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

• vin.couve12 wrote:Listened to the PC press conf again during a specific part and I caught something.

“Well, we’re really excited about Chris – he didn’t do anything we weren’t excited about,” Carroll explained. “Style of running, nature, tough, physical, explosive, great catcher, and a very, very advanced blocker for a first-year guy in the league. We just loved everything he did.

“I’m really excited to get him back into it . . . really excited to see the battle and Chris has got a place there.”

That last part where he says he has a place (technically said it twice) sticks out to me. Reason being is that even if Davis returns, we don't have a back on the roster that can realistically challenge Carson for the starting spot.It suggests that there is a direct intent to add someone who can.

It probably doesn't convey here, but it seems quite clear in the video.

I didn't see it that way, I see it as they have their guy and are excited to see what he can bring when he is healthy, he also said all of the guys healthy again. I would take it to mean that they really are not worried about the RB position if healthy, saying that forget a high pick for a RB in the draft. They like their current stable if they are healthy, he spent a whole lot more time talking about the O line and subtle changes and communication as well as elevating the relationship with Wilson thru Schotty.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• I think Carson is the immediate starter no matter who they draft sans Barkley (obviously not) so I can see why you'd go that direction.

Lemme ask this: Could you hear the original question that Pete was asked? I can't make it out on the video and there isn't a transcript that I can easily google. Pete has a sort of configuration to how he responds to certain things.
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

• I am going off memory but I thought it was led by how is Carson coming along. Which led to the health of the whole running back stable and what the bring and etc etc etc.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• chris98251 wrote:I am going off memory but I thought it was led by how is Carson coming along. Which led to the health of the whole running back stable and what the bring and etc etc etc.

Ah, yeah I don't think there is any reason to doubt that Carson won't even be ready for camps. Even weeks ago he was sprinting and cutting on a dime AFTER the setback. Dude clearly takes care of himself well beyond the average NFL player. Probably has a workout addiction even.
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

• vin.couve12 wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:I am going off memory but I thought it was led by how is Carson coming along. Which led to the health of the whole running back stable and what the bring and etc etc etc.

Ah, yeah I don't think there is any reason to doubt that Carson won't even be ready for camps. Even weeks ago he was sprinting and cutting on a dime AFTER the setback. Dude clearly takes care of himself well beyond the average NFL player. Probably has a workout addiction even.

No reason to doubt Carson will be ready for camp. but there's every reason to accept Carson will not be as quick or fast even with rehab. He was 4.58 at the combine, he could be a 4.65 or 4.7 or so guy next season. Still serviceable but just not quite the same, at least he would have to develop a way to compensate for the lack of quickness.

toffee
    NET Veteran

• Doesn't quite work that way although it does depend on the severity of the injury. Rawls' original injury was worse, but Rawls also isn't the workout warrior thst Carson is. I've also seen video of Carson sprintin and cutting since and he's still explosive. To clarify, I'm not talking about a 40 time, but I would argue that there won't be any effects there either. Ankle and leg injuries affect explosion and cutting more than anything else.
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

• vin.couve12 wrote:Doesn't quite work that way although it does depend on the severity of the injury. Rawls' original injury was worse, but Rawls also isn't the workout warrior thst Carson is. I've also seen video of Carson sprintin and cutting since and he's still explosive. To clarify, I'm not talking about a 40 time, but I would argue that there won't be any effects there either. Ankle and leg injuries affect explosion and cutting more than anything else.

IF $$ is right, wouldn't mind having Frank Gore in for a season or two as a backup and mentor for youngsters. What can be better than being mentored by a future HOFer? Frank sure now how to avoid injury.

toffee
    NET Veteran

• So get rid of ageing vets people wanted to shove out the door in Bennett and Sherman and bring in a ageing Vet whose skills are more eroded then either of the other two. Sounds like something we would do.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Prosise is going to be the guy assuming they don't draft someone early. Carson/Prosise combination with a revamped and improving line and I think the running game will be fine. I think I've said this elsewhere but I don't fault anyone for having zero faith in Prosise because he's earned that. IF he's healthy though I still think the team views him as a huge part of their plans.
    austinslater25
    NET Veteran

• austinslater25 wrote:Prosise is going to be the guy assuming they don't draft someone early. Carson/Prosise combination with a revamped and improving line and I think the running game will be fine. I think I've said this elsewhere but I don't fault anyone for having zero faith in Prosise because he's earned that. IF he's healthy though I still think the team views him as a huge part of their plans.

Both Carson and Prosise might have lost a step after injuries. Not sure they would be the ideal 1-2 punch. We must draft a future workhorse, and sign an inexpensive vet like Murray as insurance.

toffee
    NET Veteran

• toffee wrote:
    austinslater25 wrote:Prosise is going to be the guy assuming they don't draft someone early. Carson/Prosise combination with a revamped and improving line and I think the running game will be fine. I think I've said this elsewhere but I don't fault anyone for having zero faith in Prosise because he's earned that. IF he's healthy though I still think the team views him as a huge part of their plans.

Both Carson and Prosise might have lost a step after injuries. Not sure they would be the ideal 1-2 punch. We must draft a future workhorse, and sign an inexpensive vet like Murray as insurance.

You do seem to like Murray.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• Saying that drafting Chris Carson was a bust is not an accurate assessment at all. Every RB that tried to make anything happen behind our offensive line the past 3 years all ended up being train wrecks to include Marshawn Lynch. I still think it’s why he retired from Seattle before he was really ready to. It was frustrating and embarrassing for him to say the least, not to mention the fact that he and every other RB were breaking their bodies up trying to make something happen in the running game.

I think you could have taken Lacy, Rawls, Lynch, Carson, Davis, Procise, and the rest of these guys behind a decent Oline and the results in production and reduction in injuries would be day and night, and will be day and night if we can get it fixed.
    We have some highly talented RB’s still in our lineup, to recruit another one would be a waste of money and talent. This fits the definition of insanity to the T.

Fix the Oline, you fix the run game. Davis and Carson can easily split the lions share of the running assignments, with whatever other RB’s we kept in the mix, just to keep the defenses honest. As for a failed experiment at RB, CJ takes the trophy hands down, no contest. He is a phenom player but he is an accident waiting to happen, his body just doesn’t seem to be able to take the beating that the pro’s deal out.

I’ll go a step further, and won’t be offended or surprised if I don’t get any support, but I still think that Thomas Rawls could or would prove to be the animal we all saw at RB a few seasons ago, before we got rid of Max Unger and our line went into the crapper.

If we haven’t dumped him yet, and can keep him cheap enough, it might not be to crazy to think, if we can assemble an Oline that can actually support a running game, that Thomas might still have some fireworks left in his game. You have to love the guy, nobody ever came on to the field ready to fight to the death for his team like Rawl’s does.

There it is, I said my piece, let the debates continue. I don’t expect anyone or everyone to agree with me. There are a million ways to interpret what was wrong with us the past few seasons. It is hard to argue our Oline was a hurting unit and sorely in need of help all around. I think almost equal to that mess was the detioration of our defense as well, albeit most of that occurred in this last season, with key players out injured, or playing with significant injuries, and letting our opponents score way to many points for Russell Wilson and our broken Oline to overcome on way to many occasions.

I remember thinking to myself in way to many games, how badly I felt for Russell, when he would do everything he could to try and get us out of there with a wind, only to have the defense let our opponent score again just when it looked like we might just pull it off, and even worse when the opponents finally recognized that Sheen was playing injured and started targeting what was one our strongest element on our defense, and instead finding success and points on the board going in that direction.

We needed lots of help and we got it in the off-season, look for the return of a Seahawks team we recognize in 2018 - 2019.

Go Seahawks!
    The 12th man, is the true heart and soul of the Seahawks. As goes the 12th man, so go the Seahawks. Change is Inevitable. Seahawk 12th Man for Life.
    pacific101
    NET Starter

• Under Schotty maybe they utilize the FB and TE position properly. I believe Schotty was the Rams OC when Benny Cunningham was a tremendous weapon as FB for them. Cunningham had some good games vs. Seahawks too. Jared Cook was the TE that did well under Schotty. Hopefully this helps the offense regain some form moving forward.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

• NJlargent wrote:Forget Guice. We need to draft OL. Should be fairly obvious that it needs to be addressed as we are not going anywhere with the current lineup.

That would be foolish. It takes years these days for O-linemen to develop into true pros. College doesn't train em like they used to
    Scorpion05
    NET Veteran

Previous

It is currently Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:03 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information