Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Russell Wilson

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: Russell Wilson
Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:52 am
  • GeekHawk wrote:
    hedgehawk wrote:It’s not blind RW hate.

From you it's not. From one particular poster who I won't call out by name (but is obvious to anybody who reads this thread from end-to-end) it is. Blind RW hate, without reason.

Word. And I guess I get it, what red-blooded man.....or female DIDN'T want a crack at his fine ass wife?

*"Automatic, systematic, HIPNOTIC, Funky Fresh..."

:stirthepot:
    Love, Peace & Elbow Grease. Let's ROLL, Hawks!
    hgwellz12
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:53 am
  • But seriously, @Fade, you are often so spot on I feel like the team should find a way to pay you.
    Love, Peace & Elbow Grease. Let's ROLL, Hawks!
    hgwellz12
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:01 pm
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:Whereas good QB + meh OL has proven over and over again to be a viable strategy. That's how the Seahawks won it all.

I would say that good QB + serviceable OL + HOF RB is how we won it all. The last couple years we ruled out good QB + horrific OL + meh RB as a viable option.

I think in a deep-threat offense without Lynch we're going to have to upgrade the OL formula from "meh" to "above avg run blocking, passable pass protection." Middle of the pack, in other words. The more Lynch-like a back we can find, the lower we can take the OL rating. But in a Pete Carroll offense I feel safe saying it can't fall to bottom 10 and probably not much further than 15.
    hawk45
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:05 pm
  • I don't recall many saying Wilson is without faults, every QB in the league has weaknesses. Including Lord Brady.
    I'll say it yet again, this team is LUCKY to win 5 games w/out him. The line has been a joke the last couple seasons. The offensive play calling has been pathetic and predictable. And this crap about can't see over the line? My goodness, change the record. :lol: Not being able to see how good he is, still after all this time is laughable. One thing that will never change, Russell Wilson will never be good enough for quite a few fans of this team. He has improvements to make like most QB's, and I suspect he will. The short passing game for one, but how often is it the pathetic play calling???
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:26 pm
  • Scorpion05 wrote:Can we really stop with this Brady nonsense. Brady has all day to throw. When he doesn't, he folds like a cheap coward. When defenses play press coverage Brady still has to hold the ball. Brady has also never consistently been without a running game

Brady will also throw the ball in the ground if its not there. Meanwhile Russell will run for his life trying to make magic happen. And Either magic will happen...OR he gets sacked for 15 yards and the series is dead and the OC gets another excuse over why the offense couldn't be called.
    ZagHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:36 pm
  • hawk45 wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:Whereas good QB + meh OL has proven over and over again to be a viable strategy. That's how the Seahawks won it all.

I would say that good QB + serviceable OL + HOF RB is how we won it all. The last couple years we ruled out good QB + horrific OL + meh RB as a viable option.

Fair.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:34 pm
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    hawk45 wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:Whereas good QB + meh OL has proven over and over again to be a viable strategy. That's how the Seahawks won it all.

Fair.

Yeah the defense had nothing to do with it. :stirthepot:

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:05 pm
  • Had someone on another board make an interesting comment along the lines of what if the new Offensive crew comes in and then decides RW is overrated? (This poster is of that view so certainly a bias there)

It does add another layer to this whole thing.

I'm hoping RW gets a half-second more pocket time consistently, and then learns to release just a half-second faster as well. This scenario would be aided greatly with a legit run threat which RW has not had to work with for far too long...(besides himself being the primary run threat of course)
    semiahmoo
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:13 pm
  • Todd Haley is available.

Let's get Haley in here for some offensive side spot and if/when Shottenheimer fails/gets let go you move Haley to OC and he'll help Wilson.
    "Awww, you so weak!" Richard Sherman to Joe Webb

"Uh, huh, you suck!" Richard Sherman to Pierre Garçon

"Don't f***** try me--I'm the best!" Richard Sherman

Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    TheLegendOfBoom
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:05 pm
  • TheLegendOfBoom wrote:Todd Haley is available.

Let's get Haley in here for some offensive side spot and if/when Shottenheimer fails/gets let go you move Haley to OC and he'll help Wilson.

Todd Haley would be a great fit for RW,

Todd Haley was brought to Pittsburgh to fix Big Ben from holding the ball to long. They butted heads at first, but it worked, and he became a better QB because of Haley.

PC already made his choice though so.........Not happening.
    Fade
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:28 pm
  • Fade wrote:
    TheLegendOfBoom wrote:Todd Haley is available.

Todd Haley was brought to Pittsburgh to fix Big Ben from holding the ball to long. They butted heads at first, but it worked, and he became a better QB because of Haley.

San Fran doesn't have issues letting go of their coaches after a week or so, Carroll shouldn't have an issue after a couple of days. Lol.

I would welcome Haley way faster than Schottenheimer.
    "Awww, you so weak!" Richard Sherman to Joe Webb

"Uh, huh, you suck!" Richard Sherman to Pierre Garçon

"Don't f***** try me--I'm the best!" Richard Sherman

Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    TheLegendOfBoom
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:57 pm
  • " what if the new Offensive crew comes in and then decides RW is overrated? " LOL
    Yea, that's gonna happen.
    TreeRon
    NET Practice Squad

Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:00 pm
  • TheLegendOfBoom wrote:
    Fade wrote:
    TheLegendOfBoom wrote:Todd Haley is available.

San Fran doesn't have issues letting go of their coaches after a week or so, Carroll shouldn't have an issue after a couple of days. Lol.

I would welcome Haley way faster than Schottenheimer.

Bring in Mike Holmgren he helped make Dilfer and Hasselbeck decent here and knows something about offense also, that's about how far Haley will get to Seattle also.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:05 am
  • TheLegendOfBoom wrote:Todd Haley is available.

I'm sure Haley would jump at the opportunity! :sarcasm_off:
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:36 am
  • GeekHawk wrote:
    hedgehawk wrote:It’s not blind RW hate.

From you it's not. From one particular poster who I won't call out by name (but is obvious to anybody who reads this thread from end-to-end) it is. Blind RW hate, without reason.

Ah....gotcha. I’m sorry! I took it as anyone that had constructive criticism Regarding RW. My apologies.
    hedgehawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:42 am
  • ZagHawk wrote:
    Scorpion05 wrote:Can we really stop with this Brady nonsense. Brady has all day to throw. When he doesn't, he folds like a cheap coward. When defenses play press coverage Brady still has to hold the ball. Brady has also never consistently been without a running game

Brady will also throw the ball in the ground if its not there. Meanwhile Russell will run for his life trying to make magic happen. And Either magic will happen...OR he gets sacked for 15 yards and the series is dead and the OC gets another excuse over why the offense couldn't be called.

Sure the outcomes kinda suck but the alternative was having another DOA run play on the next call or yet another passing play that had a non-trivial chance of RW doing the exact same thing. Put the entire fulcrum of the offense on one player, don't be surprised if they won't let get of every chance?
    mrt144
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:37 pm
  • Smellyman wrote:nice pockets even make Case Keenum look competent.

The Keenum who is out there now IS a competent NFL Quarterback. (Real OL blocking certainly doesn't hurt)

Keenum has been staying up late watching reruns of the Kurt Warner Story.
    And probably has read every Dave Krieg biography in print. (There are some in print, I hope)
    IIRC, Keenum has a victory over Seattle as a Ram. Not to hijack the topic, but Keenum has paid his dues, worked HARD on his craft as a QB, largely overcome the doubters, and wow is he ever delivering, including in the leadership department.

One of the most fantastic things about RW is that same type of leadership, and players believing the play is never over, the game is never over, as long as Russell is our QB. Green Bay knows all about it. Love what Keenum said in the huddle to his WRs before the play that sent his team to the NFC Championship game. , , along the lines of "Somebody is going to get an opportunity to make a play", letting them all know to just keep competing. Leadership, a bunch of small things that just keep adding up. RW has it. I'll be looking to see it emerge in full strength next season. It's hard to truly lead when you know you'll be running for your life on every play the moment the ball is snapped.
    2017 Adopt-A-Rookie: Chris Carson
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:30 pm
  • Wilson has heart and skills.... and a solid work ethic. His ceiling is ahead of him and I’m happy about that. I would have hated his peak years to be in a Cabevell offense.
    Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:46 am
  • TreeRon wrote:" what if the new Offensive crew comes in and then decides RW is overrated? " LOL
    Yea, that's gonna happen.

That's pretty far fetched, if they get that far out on a limb, hand them a saw LOL.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Previous

It is currently Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:22 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information