Trade Value - Potential roster shakeups

QuahHawk

Reaction score
With New coaching coming on-board I expect to see a few roster shakeups. We have a very talented roster and some players might be getting paid a little more than we believe they are worth. In this case we could cut them or trade them I'm sure there will be at least one of each. Of the players that might not be in our future plans what kind of value could we fetch to reinvigorate this team with new blood?

Names that come to mind

Earl Thomas (FA19)
Richard Sherman (FA19)
KJ Wright (FA19)
Jeremy Lane (FA20)
Germaine Ifedi (FA20)
Jared Reed (FA20)
CJ Prosise (FA20)
Justin Britt (FA21)
Michael Bennett (FA21)

Couldn't help but think Bennett would be a good fit for Pittsburgh's D when I watched them lose to Jax. I'd be curious if Martavis Bryant would fit well with Shotty's new offense and how the cap hit would be if we made that swap.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Umm, why are Lane and Ifedi on that list? In the words part you said "very talented". Lane at least fits the 'more than they are worth' part.

OP
OP
QuahHawk

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Could we get a
1st for Earl?
2nd for Sherman, Britt, or Reed?
3rd for Bennett, KJ, or Ifedi?
5th or 6th for CJ or Lane?

2_0_6

Reaction score
Wenhawk":3bzp1ifs said:
Could we get a
2nd for Sherman, Britt, or Reed?
3rd for Bennett, KJ, or Ifedi?

Sherman is coming off a major injury to one leg and had another surgery on his other. He would be more likely to be released than traded, and I don't think either happens.

Reed? Why would you trade him with the uncertainty of Avril-Malik, decline in Bennett and Sheldon being a FA?

If someone would toss a 4th out there for Ifedi we would be idiots not to jump at it. Anything higher than that and it should be considered robbery.

Keep KJ.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Big questions here. Still don't think there was a huge shake up in coaching, in regards to similarity. I remember how everyone felt when Quinn was hired. That was a big change. This years changes, which is a good thing but how much different do we play? I'm talking game planning and ingenuity. Hopefully most of the new coaches can have the same affect on players as Quinn did.

If no significant roster moves, for players and cap space (LG in particular), nothing has really changed except names. Long process ahead of us.

original poster

Reaction score
I can’t wait for the offseason to see how it goes.

I reckon there are 3 players that are pretty untouchable. Wilson, Brown and Wagner.

I don’t think we have half the stars we had last year on the roster in 2018. We have minimal draft picks, after all.

massari

Reaction score
Wenhawk":2749a437 said:
Names that come to mind

Earl Thomas (FA19)
Richard Sherman (FA19)
KJ Wright (FA19)
Jeremy Lane (FA20)
Germaine Ifedi (FA20)
Jared Reed (FA20)
CJ Prosise (FA20)
Justin Britt (FA21)
Michael Bennett (FA21)

Couldn't help but think Bennett would be a good fit for Pittsburgh's D when I watched them lose to Jax. I'd be curious if Martavis Bryant would fit well with Shotty's new offense and how the cap hit would be if we made that swap.
Bennett for Bryant seems like a fun trade. Would probably feel better if the Steelers threw in mid round pick with Bryant.

Wouldn't trade KJ or Reed unless a 2nd was offered and Thomas unless a 1st comes back. Would do Thomas to the Browns for two of their three 2nd rounders though.

getnasty

Reaction score
If we want to compete for a title anytime soon I'm not trading any of them outside of Lane and Bennett. Earl, Richard and KJ all are still playing at a high level and will next year too. The rest of them are young and talented, its the new coaches job get this guys playing at a higher level then the previous ones did.

OP
OP
QuahHawk

QuahHawk

Reaction score
What would NE do? We have to think Earl and KJ are at peak value w/ only 1 year left on their contract. They could walk in FA and best we get is a 3rd and 4th rd comp picks in 2020.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Wenhawk":32aem8k5 said:
What would NE do? We have to think Earl and KJ are at peak value w/ only 1 year left on their contract. They could walk in FA and best we get is a 3rd and 4th rd comp picks in 2020.

Horrible comp. No one compares to the way the Cheatriots run things. They have their own system that would work for no other team. No other team has Billycheat, and Shady Brady.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Wenhawk":38yah5ym said:

What if I told you that the picks we get would be busts? Would you rethink the trade?

HawkFan72

Reaction score
We always way overvalue our players on here. Most of these guys would be traded for late round picks because you have to factor in expensive contracts too. Seems like whenever a Seahawks player is traded, it's always a couple rounds lower than what the consensus value is on these boards.

OP
OP
QuahHawk

QuahHawk

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":15a4v1oo said:
This is not Madden.

If we did trade Earl Thomas, do you not think he would fetch us at least a 1st rounder?

Last year Sherman was worth 1 first, we wanted more and would budge, now after the injury his value is down but his name is still one of the biggest in the biz. I don't think a 2nd is too much to ask.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1vqu12o5 said:
Wenhawk":1vqu12o5 said:

What if I told you that the picks we get would be busts? Would you rethink the trade?
Good point. This possibility never seems to be factored in when these type of deals are brought up.

bighawk

Reaction score
This team fell apart because of injuries and the o-line. I wouldnt trade anyone but Lane or Bennett but i would hesitate. Prosise cant stay healthy, and we lost all pro starters at key positions.

keatonisballin

Reaction score
No smart team is gonna trade for Lane. We tried to get rid of him once and didn't work out. Then he yes arrested and is gonna get suspended. No one's gonna touch him.