Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Matt Patricia's thought process vs the Seahawks SB

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• KitsapGuy wrote:

Scab Picker, you can't let old wounds heal .................................This will be another 100 post thread now. :evil:

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Just proves that they knew what was coming. The Seahawks' goal-line playbook was razor-thin at the time. THAT was Bevell's failing - or, possibly, Pete's.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• Lynch was wide open in the flat, i always notice that in the replay. Patricia even mentions it here.
    Last edited by RussB on Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    RussB
    NET Veteran

• Listening to that Lynch was still the guy that should have scored if he ran to the flat and would have been wide open.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• First page
    2018 Adopt a Rookie: Rashaad Penny

Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

• MontanaHawk05 wrote:Just proves that they knew what was coming. The Seahawks' goal-line playbook was razor-thin at the time. THAT was Bevell's failing - or, possibly, Pete's.

It sounds like Bevell made the call and Pete gave his blessing so in my mind they both are to blame for that call.

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Wish there was a little more to the video. I'd like to hear to it to the end.
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• Aros wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:Just proves that they knew what was coming. The Seahawks' goal-line playbook was razor-thin at the time. THAT was Bevell's failing - or, possibly, Pete's.

It sounds like Bevell made the call and Pete gave his blessing so in my mind they both are to blame for that call.

Again...wasn't about the play. It was about the playbook. Pete notoriously kept it thin so as not to overwhelm Wilson (to the latter's chagrin) and I think it bit them here.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• Well that was quick.

Just 3 years to come up with that?

Way to put your nose to the grindstone Matt. :177692:
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• KitsapGuy wrote:Wish there was a little more to the video. I'd like to hear to it to the end.

I think it ended pretty succinctly.
    Love, Peace & Elbow Grease. Let's ROLL, Hawks!
    hgwellz12
    NET Veteran

• No. Not gonna watch.
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran

• It's 2018, enough already on this crap.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• They knew what Bevell was running, Bevell called the play, therefore it's Bevell's fault. Greatest firing of all time.

Partly on Wilson too, gotta go through your reads kid.

I'm still also not convinced Lynch would have been stopped if we ran it. About 90% sure we run him on the next play if that ball falls incomplete.
    Last edited by KitsapGuy on Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Reason: Wishing harm on someone.
    "Sometimes, guys can't hang with what's expected for one reason or another, their growth, their development and all that, and the best thing I can tell you is that they're not here."
    - Big Balls Pete
    NFSeahawks628
    NET Veteran

Location: Born: Tacoma, WA Current Location: Tally, Seminole Country (Road Hawk)

• Interesting. Sucks. But smart play by pats.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

• SoulfishHawk wrote:It's 2018, enough already on this crap.

2018? This is gonna be a thing til 2048 at least :mrgreen:
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

• NFSeahawks628 wrote:They knew what Bevell was running, Bevell called the play, therefore it's Bevell's fault. Greatest firing of all time.

I'm still also not convinced Lynch would have been stopped if we ran it. About 90% sure we run him on the next play if that ball falls incomplete.

Not only did they know that play was coming. The Patriots prepared for it. Brandon Browner was a Seahawk and knows that play. He was the key to identifying that play and stopping it.

Pete approved that play as they said it worked so well in practice. Also, Wilson can't go through his reads because it is an automatic play-'quick slant and the ball must be out immediately.
    Russ Willstrong
    NET Veteran

• Good point Ad, it will never end. everrrrrrrr :lol:
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• SoulfishHawk wrote:Good point Ad, it will never end. everrrrrrrr :lol:

If they give us the W and a trophy I'll drop it for good. :2thumbs:
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• NFSeahawks628 wrote:They knew what Bevell was running, Bevell called the play, therefore it's Bevell's fault. Greatest firing of all time.

Outside of Wilson going thru his reads (it was a one read play)....
    The rest I agree with.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• RussB wrote:Lynch was wide open in the flat, i always notice that in the replay. Patricia even mentions it here.

Except for the part that he wasn't open in the flat...

He COULD have been open if they ran a pick play that Patricia was scared of but they didn't and he wasn't open.

"We all we got, we all we need"
    lukerguy
    NET Veteran

• I don't have a problem with them throwing the ball on second down with the clock running. I do have a problem with the play not being a hard play-action fake to Lynch.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

• MontanaHawk05 wrote:Just proves that they knew what was coming. The Seahawks' goal-line playbook was razor-thin at the time. THAT was Bevell's failing - or, possibly, Pete's.

"At the time?" I hope you define that as "through 90% of every season of Bevell's Seahawks career." Also, what, you think Pete had a "not more than X pages in the offensive playbook" policy? I sincerely doubt it.

Our pre-snap formations telling our opponents what we were doing most of the time was beyond aggravating. I'm so looking forward to that not being much of an issue.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

• lukerguy wrote:
    RussB wrote:Lynch was wide open in the flat, i always notice that in the replay. Patricia even mentions it here.

He COULD have been open if they ran a pick play that Patricia was scared of but they didn't and he wasn't open.

He was though go watch the full replay after the ball is snapped lynch runs his route and hes behind the defender. Wilson could just toss it in the back of the end zone and its an easy TD.
    RussB
    NET Veteran

• IMO Browner made the play by giving Butler enough room to jump the route. Agree with OP that its interesting hearing his thoughts.......still think Wilson threw it too high and lead him too much.

Its a scab that will never quite heal!!
    Section 319 Row A / LOUD AND PROUD
    Loud & Proud
    NET Rookie

• That's basically the view I had from my seat up in the Hawks section. Ugh. As soon as Lynch went in to motion, I was like "what are you doing?" I'll never get that image out of my mind, ever. No regrets though, very lucky to have experienced a Super Bowl in person, and it was a hell of a game.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• sdog1981 wrote:I don't have a problem with them throwing the ball on second down with the clock running. I do have a problem with the play not being a hard play-action fake to Lynch.

Yes I have said the same thing too. The problem was not that it was a pass at all. Even Belichick has said that the pass was a smart play call in that situation. The problem was that the Seahawks made no attempt to make the Pats think Lynch was getting the ball up the middle. Wilson should have done a play action fake to draw the Defense in, and then a designed run/pass option.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    * NET Moderator *

• I was and probably still am,quite a bit, more interested in Jeremy's thought process after the interception and Cliff's [or possible lack of] after that collision with Hightower!!
    daveyoung52
    NET Rookie

• Or maybe we should have been playing the Colts instead.
    daveyoung52
    NET Rookie

• RussB wrote:
    lukerguy wrote:
    RussB wrote:Lynch was wide open in the flat, i always notice that in the replay. Patricia even mentions it here.

He was though go watch the full replay after the ball is snapped lynch runs his route and hes behind the defender. Wilson could just toss it in the back of the end zone and its an easy TD.

Lynch was never an option on this play. It was going to Lockette 100 times out of 100.
    ImTheScientist wrote:This guy is the closest thing to beast mode we will ever see. You got a glimpse of that yesterday. He was instantly my favorite player when they signed him. Give the dude a chance and don't overreact or overthink preseason. Go Hawks. Lacy will rush for 1,100 and 10TDs. Bend the knee.
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• Funny even without the Pick Lockette would have been tackled at the one if Butler hits him like that even with the ball.

Wilson was zeroed in on him the whole time as you can see, didn't look anywhere else as well.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Loud & Proud wrote:IMO Browner made the play by giving Butler enough room to jump the route. Agree with OP that its interesting hearing his thoughts.......still think Wilson threw it too high and lead him too much.
    Its a scab that will never quite heal!!

As I understand it, Browner also told Butler what was coming, based on formation, and what Butler needed to do on the play.
    2017 Adopt-A-Rookie: Chris Carson
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran

It is currently Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:52 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information