Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Matt Patricia's thought process vs the Seahawks SB

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • Image
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    User avatar
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *
     
    Posts: 4705
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:09 pm
    Location: Kitsap County


  • KitsapGuy wrote:


    Scab Picker, you can't let old wounds heal .................................This will be another 100 post thread now. :evil:
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 23930
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


  • Just proves that they knew what was coming. The Seahawks' goal-line playbook was razor-thin at the time. THAT was Bevell's failing - or, possibly, Pete's.
    GO HAWKS!!!

    Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    User avatar
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *
     
    Posts: 15561
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:46 am


  • Lynch was wide open in the flat, i always notice that in the replay. Patricia even mentions it here.
    Last edited by RussB on Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Image
    User avatar
    RussB
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2589
    Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:42 pm
    Location: Spokane, WA


  • Listening to that Lynch was still the guy that should have scored if he ran to the flat and would have been wide open.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 23930
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


  • First page
    2018 Adopt a Rookie: Rashaad Penny

    Image
    User avatar
    Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1715
    Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:26 am


  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:Just proves that they knew what was coming. The Seahawks' goal-line playbook was razor-thin at the time. THAT was Bevell's failing - or, possibly, Pete's.


    It sounds like Bevell made the call and Pete gave his blessing so in my mind they both are to blame for that call.
    Image

    "Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    User avatar
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]
     
    Posts: 12192
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:58 am
    Location: Just 4 miles from Richard Sherman!


  • Wish there was a little more to the video. I'd like to hear to it to the end.
    Image
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    User avatar
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *
     
    Posts: 4705
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:09 pm
    Location: Kitsap County


  • Aros wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:Just proves that they knew what was coming. The Seahawks' goal-line playbook was razor-thin at the time. THAT was Bevell's failing - or, possibly, Pete's.


    It sounds like Bevell made the call and Pete gave his blessing so in my mind they both are to blame for that call.


    Again...wasn't about the play. It was about the playbook. Pete notoriously kept it thin so as not to overwhelm Wilson (to the latter's chagrin) and I think it bit them here.
    GO HAWKS!!!

    Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    User avatar
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *
     
    Posts: 15561
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:46 am


  • Well that was quick.

    Just 3 years to come up with that?

    Way to put your nose to the grindstone Matt. :177692:
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4761
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


  • KitsapGuy wrote:Wish there was a little more to the video. I'd like to hear to it to the end.



    I think it ended pretty succinctly.
    Love, Peace & Elbow Grease. Let's ROLL, Hawks!
    User avatar
    hgwellz12
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2503
    Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:17 pm


  • No. Not gonna watch.
    User avatar
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3342
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:46 am


  • It's 2018, enough already on this crap.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 9275
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • They knew what Bevell was running, Bevell called the play, therefore it's Bevell's fault. Greatest firing of all time.

    Partly on Wilson too, gotta go through your reads kid.

    I'm still also not convinced Lynch would have been stopped if we ran it. About 90% sure we run him on the next play if that ball falls incomplete.
    Last edited by KitsapGuy on Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Reason: Wishing harm on someone.
    Image
    "Sometimes, guys can't hang with what's expected for one reason or another, their growth, their development and all that, and the best thing I can tell you is that they're not here."
    - Big Balls Pete
    User avatar
    NFSeahawks628
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4258
    Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:33 pm
    Location: Born: Tacoma, WA Current Location: Tally, Seminole Country (Road Hawk)


  • Interesting. Sucks. But smart play by pats.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1087
    Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:08 pm


  • SoulfishHawk wrote:It's 2018, enough already on this crap.


    2018? This is gonna be a thing til 2048 at least :mrgreen:
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2405
    Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:22 pm
    Location: Portland, OR


  • NFSeahawks628 wrote:They knew what Bevell was running, Bevell called the play, therefore it's Bevell's fault. Greatest firing of all time.

    Partly on Wilson too, gotta go through your reads kid.

    I'm still also not convinced Lynch would have been stopped if we ran it. About 90% sure we run him on the next play if that ball falls incomplete.

    Not only did they know that play was coming. The Patriots prepared for it. Brandon Browner was a Seahawk and knows that play. He was the key to identifying that play and stopping it.

    Pete approved that play as they said it worked so well in practice. Also, Wilson can't go through his reads because it is an automatic play-'quick slant and the ball must be out immediately.
    Russ Willstrong
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1544
    Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:31 am


  • Good point Ad, it will never end. everrrrrrrr :lol:
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 9275
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Good point Ad, it will never end. everrrrrrrr :lol:


    If they give us the W and a trophy I'll drop it for good. :2thumbs:
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4761
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


  • NFSeahawks628 wrote:They knew what Bevell was running, Bevell called the play, therefore it's Bevell's fault. Greatest firing of all time.

    Partly on Wilson too, gotta go through your reads kid.

    I'm still also not convinced Lynch would have been stopped if we ran it. About 90% sure we run him on the next play if that ball falls incomplete.

    Outside of Wilson going thru his reads (it was a one read play)....
    The rest I agree with.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

    May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

    I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 23132
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: The pit


  • RussB wrote:Lynch was wide open in the flat, i always notice that in the replay. Patricia even mentions it here.


    Except for the part that he wasn't open in the flat...

    He COULD have been open if they ran a pick play that Patricia was scared of but they didn't and he wasn't open.
    Image

    "We all we got, we all we need"
    User avatar
    lukerguy
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2040
    Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:00 pm


  • I don't have a problem with them throwing the ball on second down with the clock running. I do have a problem with the play not being a hard play-action fake to Lynch.
    User avatar
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1954
    Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:54 am


  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:Just proves that they knew what was coming. The Seahawks' goal-line playbook was razor-thin at the time. THAT was Bevell's failing - or, possibly, Pete's.

    "At the time?" I hope you define that as "through 90% of every season of Bevell's Seahawks career." Also, what, you think Pete had a "not more than X pages in the offensive playbook" policy? I sincerely doubt it.

    Our pre-snap formations telling our opponents what we were doing most of the time was beyond aggravating. I'm so looking forward to that not being much of an issue.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *
     
    Posts: 29844
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Phoenix, AZ


  • lukerguy wrote:
    RussB wrote:Lynch was wide open in the flat, i always notice that in the replay. Patricia even mentions it here.


    Except for the part that he wasn't open in the flat...

    He COULD have been open if they ran a pick play that Patricia was scared of but they didn't and he wasn't open.

    He was though go watch the full replay after the ball is snapped lynch runs his route and hes behind the defender. Wilson could just toss it in the back of the end zone and its an easy TD.
    Image
    Image
    User avatar
    RussB
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2589
    Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:42 pm
    Location: Spokane, WA


  • IMO Browner made the play by giving Butler enough room to jump the route. Agree with OP that its interesting hearing his thoughts.......still think Wilson threw it too high and lead him too much.

    Its a scab that will never quite heal!!
    Section 319 Row A / LOUD AND PROUD
    Loud & Proud
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 118
    Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:34 pm


  • That's basically the view I had from my seat up in the Hawks section. Ugh. As soon as Lynch went in to motion, I was like "what are you doing?" I'll never get that image out of my mind, ever. No regrets though, very lucky to have experienced a Super Bowl in person, and it was a hell of a game.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 9275
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • sdog1981 wrote:I don't have a problem with them throwing the ball on second down with the clock running. I do have a problem with the play not being a hard play-action fake to Lynch.


    Yes I have said the same thing too. The problem was not that it was a pass at all. Even Belichick has said that the pass was a smart play call in that situation. The problem was that the Seahawks made no attempt to make the Pats think Lynch was getting the ball up the middle. Wilson should have done a play action fake to draw the Defense in, and then a designed run/pass option.
    Image
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    User avatar
    HawkFan72
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 16320
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:50 am
    Location: Antioch, CA


  • I was and probably still am,quite a bit, more interested in Jeremy's thought process after the interception and Cliff's [or possible lack of] after that collision with Hightower!!
    User avatar
    daveyoung52
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 167
    Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:15 am
    Location: u.k.


  • Or maybe we should have been playing the Colts instead.
    User avatar
    daveyoung52
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 167
    Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:15 am
    Location: u.k.


  • RussB wrote:
    lukerguy wrote:
    RussB wrote:Lynch was wide open in the flat, i always notice that in the replay. Patricia even mentions it here.


    Except for the part that he wasn't open in the flat...

    He COULD have been open if they ran a pick play that Patricia was scared of but they didn't and he wasn't open.

    He was though go watch the full replay after the ball is snapped lynch runs his route and hes behind the defender. Wilson could just toss it in the back of the end zone and its an easy TD.
    Image


    Lynch was never an option on this play. It was going to Lockette 100 times out of 100.
    ImTheScientist wrote:This guy is the closest thing to beast mode we will ever see. You got a glimpse of that yesterday. He was instantly my favorite player when they signed him. Give the dude a chance and don't overreact or overthink preseason. Go Hawks. Lacy will rush for 1,100 and 10TDs. Bend the knee.
    User avatar
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *
     
    Posts: 11355
    Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 4:55 pm


  • Funny even without the Pick Lockette would have been tackled at the one if Butler hits him like that even with the ball.

    Wilson was zeroed in on him the whole time as you can see, didn't look anywhere else as well.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 23930
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


  • Loud & Proud wrote:IMO Browner made the play by giving Butler enough room to jump the route. Agree with OP that its interesting hearing his thoughts.......still think Wilson threw it too high and lead him too much.
    Its a scab that will never quite heal!!


    As I understand it, Browner also told Butler what was coming, based on formation, and what Butler needed to do on the play.
    2017 Adopt-A-Rookie: Chris Carson
    User avatar
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1936
    Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:03 am




It is currently Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:52 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information
  • Who is online