Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Ever get the feeling we are......

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Ever get the feeling we are......
Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:20 pm
  • The land of the misfit toys? Bevell, Cable, Pete, McDowell, Lane, Schottenheimer, Wilson, Baldwin, Bennett, Sherman, Ifedi, Clark.......on and on.

Not saying that is necessarily bad, I'm saying maybe Schottenheimer fits in perfectly.

Seymour
    NET Veteran

Re: Ever get the feeling we are......
Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:31 pm
  • Seymour wrote:The land of the misfit toys? Bevell, Cable, Pete, McDowell, Lane, Schottenheimer, Wilson, Baldwin, Bennett, Sherman, Ifedi, Clark.......on and on.

Not saying that is necessarily bad, I'm saying maybe Schottenheimer fits in perfectly.

Are we the cast of misfits that are task with saving the world??

Not sure where the Seahawks will be two years from now.
    "Awww, you so weak!" Richard Sherman to Joe Webb

"Uh, huh, you suck!" Richard Sherman to Pierre Garçon

"Don't f***** try me--I'm the best!" Richard Sherman

Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    TheLegendOfBoom
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:53 am
  • Seymour wrote:The land of the misfit toys? Bevell, Cable, Pete, McDowell, Lane, Schottenheimer, Wilson, Baldwin, Bennett, Sherman, Ifedi, Clark.......on and on.

OP made after drinking 5+ beers.

I've been there.
    Vesuve
    NET Rookie

Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:03 am
  • This year I thought we were the land of unfit co-ordinators :17:

Hell, we were getting stuffed so hard at the line, I would pause the TV to count and make sure we had 11 on the field.
    2018 Adopt a Rookie: Rashaad Penny

Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:17 am
  • At the end of that show, everyone was happy, so if we're the island of misfit toys then so be it.
    BullHawk33
    NET Starter

Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:16 pm
  • The oley lineman were running upfield while the dine chased wilson. Land of the Lost.
    Michael Dickson, P, Texas: 2018 Adopt a Probowl Rookie
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:28 pm
  • Your use of a click bait thread title is the only reason I opened this and read it, so well done.

But having now read it, I am more confused now than I would have been, had I have not opened this thread and found out what the mystery topic in fact was.

Click bait....annoying no matter where it is on the internet.
    AF_BASS_MAN
    NET Rookie

Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:37 pm
  • LOL. Not clickbait. That title literally would not fit in the provided space.

What is so hard to understand about much of our team being a group of misfits? Sherman started that in 2012 and it's continued since.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:14 pm
  • Misfit toys to me would be hiring guys like Rob or Rex Ryan, Chan Gailey, Romeo Crennel, Lane Kiffin or Mike Singletary............the old retreads that no one wants anymore.

At least the coordinators we hired have had success, either here or elsewhere and are still viable coaches in the league.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:23 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:Misfit toys to me would be hiring guys like Rob or Rex Ryan, Chan Gailey, Romeo Crennel, Lane Kiffin or Mike Singletary............the old retreads that no one wants anymore.

At least the coordinators we hired have had success, either here or elsewhere and are still viable coaches in the league.

Schottenheimer has had very debatable success IMO. His teams numbers are actually alarmingly bad, just not Cable level bad.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:26 pm
  • Seymour wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:Misfit toys to me would be hiring guys like Rob or Rex Ryan, Chan Gailey, Romeo Crennel, Lane Kiffin or Mike Singletary............the old retreads that no one wants anymore.

Schottenheimer has had very debatable success IMO. His teams numbers are actually alarmingly bad, just not Cable level bad.

I'd say anyone that can win with Chad Pennington and have a head coach of Rex Ryan is "successful."
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:30 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:Misfit toys to me would be hiring guys like Rob or Rex Ryan, Chan Gailey, Romeo Crennel, Lane Kiffin or Mike Singletary............the old retreads that no one wants anymore.

I'd say anyone that can win with Chad Pennington and have a head coach of Rex Ryan is "successful."

Ya, in his case I don't put the weight on numbers as much as normal considering his hands dealt. Just saying I don't think the word "success" appears too many times on his resume.

I intend to give him a fair shot.....say 4 games or so. :twisted:
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:47 pm
  • Seymour wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Seymour wrote:

Ya, in his case I don't put the weight on numbers as much as normal considering his hands dealt. Just saying I don't think the word "success" appears too many times on his resume.

You've already compared him to a puppet and a "misfit toy."
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:54 pm
  • hawknation2018 wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Seymour wrote:

Ya, so? Doesn't mean he can't get the job done. Puppet is in reference to him making the moves Pete wants, and has similar philosophy. Misfit is for poor numbers and being told he can't get it done with being fired....

Can I expect to hear this line the next 12 months now? :roll:
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:55 pm
  • Seymour wrote:
    hawknation2018 wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:

Ya, so? Doesn't mean he can't get the job done. Puppet is in reference to him making the moves Pete wants, and has similar philosophy. Misfit is for poor numbers and being told he can't get it done with being fired....

Just don't say you are giving him a "fair shot," knowing all the pejoratives you have said about him.
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:57 pm
  • Seymour wrote:

4 whole games? That's very generous of you.

You'll be late to the party, cause I fully expect at least 10 "Fire Schottenheimer" threads after the first pre-season game. Maybe even sooner.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:58 pm
  • hawknation2018 wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    hawknation2018 wrote:
    Seymour wrote:

Just don't say you are giving him a "fair shot," knowing all the pejoratives you have said about him.

Oh BS..... :roll: I'll say exactly what I feel. Go try to control someone else's words.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:59 pm
  • Seymour wrote:
    hawknation2018 wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    hawknation2018 wrote:

Oh BS..... :roll: I'll say exactly what I feel. Go try to control someone else's words.

No thanks. I'll continue to point out the absurdity and inconsistency. Go try to control someone else's words.
    Last edited by hawknation2018 on Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:01 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Seymour wrote:

4 whole games? That's very generous of you.

You'll be late to the party, cause I fully expect at least 10 "Fire Schottenheimer" threads after the first pre-season game. Maybe even sooner.

Ya I know, they are already starting. Not the utmost popular choice, but given Pete's situation I find it pretty unsurprising.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:23 pm
  • I think anytime you have a roster of 53 individual personalities plus 20+ coaches you're going to have a handful of distinct individuals. I guess, classified as "misfit toys" if that's the nomenclature that you want to use.
    kobebryant
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:50 pm
  • I think you'd find that most fans think of their teams in similar ways. You read quotes and hear interviews of players further down the roster that don't get national attention. You get more insight to those players and their personality on the team you're following. As Seattle fans we only think of other teams in terms of their nationally known players and don't get as deep of insight.
    OrangeGravy
    NET Bench Warmer

Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:06 pm
  • When I saw the thread title I just assumed you were talking about .net.
    Grahamhawker
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:43 pm
  • I don’t see how Carroll fits the misfit toy. He, like Saban now, was always a hot commodity for teams looking for new HCs.
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:35 pm
  • Steve2222 wrote:I don’t see how Carroll fits the misfit toy. He, like Saban now, was always a hot commodity for teams looking for new HCs.

Carrol was rejected back to college ball from NE (fired) so that fits the land of misfits
    criteria the way I see it (someone told him he's not good enough).
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:15 pm
  • I'm not sure "misfit" is always applicable just because someone does something unconventionally. Sometimes it's called "innovation". It would not be at all incorrect to call Carroll's defensive scheme innovative, and certainly his approach to coaching through an environment of positive competition is a new approach as well.

Sorry, gonna go with "innovative" on this one.
    KiwiHawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:24 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information