Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Malik McDowell

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: Malik McDowell
Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:38 pm
  • Seymour wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    Seymour wrote:I think I've seen enough of his decision making skills and proof that he qualifies as a complete dumb ass at this point yes. That doesn't mean he cannot play for Pete and be liked by others though.

From one video?

Cool.

I wish people didn’t make mistakes too. Doubt you ever did.

I made shit loads of mistakes. And not until I was cut down, owned up, lost it all, and made some serious life changes did I finally get it. People want to play enabler and make excuses for the behavior and blow it off to youth are what actually will keep these kids in self destruct mode. Been there, seen that, and buried friends over it that never figured it out. You tell me who is "the bad guy" here.

This is the argument that previous smokers use to condemn people still smoking, former smokers, addicts, or others seem to have a condemnation for those that were a lot like them, yet I am sure during that process someone said that if you keep heading down the path your travelling it will end in no good results.

That pedestal they put themselves on quickly turns into the Mount Ararat of that issue and the Ten Commandments follows.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:44 pm
  • Seymour wrote:You tell me who is "the bad guy" here.

Certainly not the youngster playing around on an ATV in disagreeance over $600 :les:
    The Breh
    NET Rookie

Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:54 pm
  • No but it makes "those" know exactly what he is up against though, and some people seem to not like that. McDowell obviously is young enough to have everything in front of him still, but all indications are he is done before he ever got started so I don't know why all the angst about him now to begin with?
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:39 pm
  • If Malik had ANY real value to football, the Hawks would have been receiving offers from other teams for his services.
    To my knowledge, we have received none. This choice tells me that our FO is "stretching" too far to find talent. So Pete and John....just find us some players who are ready to play football NOW.....and have their head screwed on straight!!
    Proud Member of the .Net Old Farts Society
    Bigpumpkin
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:44 pm
  • Bigpumpkin wrote:If Malik had ANY real value to football, the Hawks would have been receiving offers from other teams for his services.
    To my knowledge, we have received none. This choice tells me that our FO is "stretching" too far to find talent. So Pete and John....just find us some players who are ready to play football NOW.....and have their head screwed on straight!!

If Russell Wilson had ANY real value to football, the Hawks would have been receiving offers from other teams for his services.
    To my knowledge, we have received none.
    There seems to be a flaw in the "logic" employed to draw your conclusions.
    Sun Tzu
    NET Practice Squad

Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:56 pm
  • Bigpumpkin wrote:If Malik had ANY real value to football, the Hawks would have been receiving offers from other teams for his services.

Lol, what?

You're judging a players worth by how many trade offers we get for them?

Jeremy Lane must be the best player on the team, huh?
    2016/2017 Adopt-A-Rookie: CJ Prosise, Quill Griffin
    2016/2017 Adopt-A-UDFA: Lene Maiava, Jordan Roos
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:56 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:That pedestal they put themselves on quickly turns into the Mount Sinai of that issue and the Ten Commandments follows.

FTFY :les:
    Osprey
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:00 pm
  • WmHBonney wrote:After watching the video......cut his damn ass.
    He has ZERO respect for authority.
    When you get arrested, it is NOT an open discussion. Keep your damn mouth shut and do what you are told. You can argue in court. That is what courts are for. I hope this clown NEVER dresses for Seattle.

While I believe a lack of cooperation with LEOs is the number one cause of lethal force incidents...I can't blame the young man. He's been brought up in a time and culture that glorifies defiance to authority.
    Osprey
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:13 am
  • There is more to this situation than we know. McDowell comes off as a spoiled self entitled athlete and he's clearly PO'd about being arrested. The whole incident has never been clearly reported upon but lots of rocks are now being thrown. It seems to me it was pretty stupid incident.

Many here fail to appreciate he apologized for being involved in this stupid drunken incident, but that is ignored so we can pile on with the bust comments when we don't really know jack about his ability to play b/c he screwed up and took himself out of last season's play with a head injury due to even more youthful stupidity. For me I'll wait to see if he does play again. He is coming off like a young pampered athlete though.

I suspect it's possible he never plays again, but that is true about Avril and Chancellor. Somehow though I think he may play and happily surprise as may Cliff and Kam. We just don't know at present and this night club incident does little to boost any fan confidence in the young man as a player. Clark had red flags but the team got it right about him, Do we know McDowell demonstrably a bust?

It's just easier to throw rocks than to wait. Who says McDowell doesn't love football? Who didn't do dumb stuff when they were young? Of course it was bad pick if McDowell never plays but if that reality was clear he never will play agan he'd be gone already.

Sometimes the negativity around here is extraordinary.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:37 am
  • WmHBonney wrote:After watching the video......cut his damn ass.
    When you get arrested, it is NOT an open discussion. Keep your damn mouth shut and do what you are told. You can argue in court. That is what courts are for. I hope this clown NEVER dresses for Seattle.

Amazing this is the attitude in America now. Bend over and submit to the authorities operating under martial law.
    cymatica
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:45 am
  • Seymour wrote:
    Sheeeesh. I'd heard nothing of this. Maybe his brain was damaged.

That would be best case scenario IMO. That way It could be explained and rationalized we weren't completely stupid for drafting him. Sadly I doubt that. He is just a knucklehead screwed up kid used to having a silver spoon.

You just talked yourself into brain damage as a best case scenario? That's crazy.
    AgentDib
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:11 am
  • There is absolutely no incentive to dump him at this point. He's not making impact money. They can afford to wait on him for quite a bit longer.
    Mojambo
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:18 am
  • Mojambo wrote:There is absolutely no incentive to dump him at this point. He's not making impact money. They can afford to wait on him for quite a bit longer.

Depends on what you call "impact money". He is making enough to pay the difference between Walsh and Hauschka which sure as heck would have impacted W's last season.

Also though, he does have a cap # but we could end up recovering that anyway as I understand the situation.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:33 am
  • Perceptions are everything, whether they are true or not.

Based on the video they were all out of line and the cops seemed unsure of their own laws.

I will admit it wasn't as bad as the stories made it seem, but thus is news nowadays.

Even that being said, he still needs to hold himself accountable for the choices he makes.

Getting arrested for disorderly conduct isn't good regardless of the situation, gotta be smart and think things through.
    NFSeahawks628
    NET Veteran

Location: Born: Tacoma, WA Current Location: Tally, Seminole Country (Road Hawk)

Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:24 pm
  • jammerhawk wrote:There is more to this situation than we know. McDowell comes off as a spoiled self entitled athlete and he's clearly PO'd about being arrested. The whole incident has never been clearly reported upon but lots of rocks are now being thrown. It seems to me it was pretty stupid incident.

Many here fail to appreciate he apologized for being involved in this stupid drunken incident, but that is ignored so we can pile on with the bust comments when we don't really know jack about his ability to play b/c he screwed up and took himself out of last season's play with a head injury due to even more youthful stupidity. For me I'll wait to see if he does play again. He is coming off like a young pampered athlete though.

I suspect it's possible he never plays again, but that is true about Avril and Chancellor. Somehow though I think he may play and happily surprise as may Cliff and Kam. We just don't know at present and this night club incident does little to boost any fan confidence in the young man as a player. Clark had red flags but the team got it right about him, Do we know McDowell demonstrably a bust?

It's just easier to throw rocks than to wait. Who says McDowell doesn't love football? Who didn't do dumb stuff when they were young? Of course it was bad pick if McDowell never plays but if that reality was clear he never will play agan he'd be gone already.

Sometimes the negativity around here is extraordinary.

This,i agree 100%,possibly more,but Seymours post is also valid,but Seymour,if we had Haushka,would we probably still have Cabevell,and Richard ?
    daveyoung52
    NET Rookie

Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:32 pm
  • daveyoung52 wrote:
    This,i agree 100%,possibly more,but Seymours post is also valid,but Seymour,if we had Haushka,would we probably still have Cabevell,and Richard ?

And who's to say that Haushka would have kicked as well for us as he did in Buffalo.

Money wasn't the only factor we didn't re-sign Haushka.
    Superbowl XLVIII Champions..."Can't keep everyone."
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:37 pm
  • Let’s keep it to topic please gents.
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:50 pm
  • mistaowen wrote:My assumption is, ATV accident caused some serious brain damage, more than they'd like to let on. A full year later and Pete can't speculate means, IMO, he'll be lucky to play football again.

That would be my guess. His family has insisted on keeping his condition private and the team seems to be abiding by this.
    BigBill1945
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:13 pm
  • BigBill1945 wrote:
    mistaowen wrote:My assumption is, ATV accident caused some serious brain damage, more than they'd like to let on. A full year later and Pete can't speculate means, IMO, he'll be lucky to play football again.

That would be my guess. His family has insisted on keeping his condition private and the team seems to be abiding by this.

I think "some serious brain damage" is awfully unlikely. I don't think people with serious and/or life threatening brain damage generally go out clubbing. Also, watch the video. Especially the part at the end where he's calmed down and is talking to the officer at the station. Sounds pretty normal to me. This brain damage theory is just a wild ass guess with nothing at all to back it up.

Mistaowen, it hasn't been even close to a full year since his accident. It happened last July, barely over 6 months ago.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:35 pm
  • Having a Wife that suffered a traumatic brain injury and surgery alcohol is an absolute no no while recovering and can cause severe reactions and unpredictable behavior. He was either healed or was not following his doctors directions.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:10 pm
  • All I really know is this.

Malik cost us a draft pick, his pay and cap space.

Malik has provided nothing at all to the team.

Today he is a complete bust. Tomorrow? Likely the same but who knows.
    JayhawkMike
    NET Bench Warmer

Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:34 pm
  • Osprey wrote:
    WmHBonney wrote:After watching the video......cut his damn ass.

While I believe a lack of cooperation with LEOs is the number one cause of lethal force incidents...I can't blame the young man. He's been brought up in a time and culture that glorifies defiance to authority.

In this scenario Malik was clearly in the wrong, and had no real excuse to behave the way he did.

Had he been wrongly arrested by the police, I wouldn't care how much he yells or defies them. As a citizen he has the right to question arrest or mistreatment by officers who can go on ego power trips. Nor would it have justified lethal force. That wasn't the case here. Malik was irresponsible and wrong

I for one have no problem keeping him. Some of you do realize we kept Frank Clark despite what he was accused of when drafted right? If I'm not mistaken, Sheldon Richardson also did something stupid in NYC. I see no reason not to keep him unless he does something extraodinary. For now he's cheap, his talent is seemingly high, and I believe in rehabilitation/Not giving up on the young (unless it's a reprehensible crime)
    Scorpion05
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:13 pm
  • The biggest problem I have with Malik is that he SIGNED a contract with the Seattle Seahawks and cashed the multi million dollar check that came with it and then acted in a very unprofessional manner.

IMO he OWES the Seahawks a certain amount of basic responsibility in conducting his day to day life, call it using due care and caution once he signed the contract and cashed the check.

It appears he rode an ATV WITHOUT a helmet and was riding it in a way that resulted in a very bad accident that we now have to deal with as fans of the Seahawks and the Seahawks Corporation itself.

I will bet you anything that any big money contract the Seahawks ever sign with a player again will have a clause that I will call the "Malik McDowell" clause that clearly spells out what kind of things they can and can't do while under contract. If they don't like it, don't sign the contract and don't cash the check.

Factor in what he said about being better than other people because he was a high dollar athlete while under the effects of a truth serum known as Alcohol and he is even more undesirable as a member to the Seahawks organization.

Just my .02

GO HAWKS!!!
    For those that choose to attend the temple "QWEST" bring your best and be LOUD.

The opposition has no hope!!
    12HawkFan
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:48 pm
  • I dont care how much he owes i just hope he will be able to play for us. Dion jordan situation was different. But Miami gave up but we are teaping the reward. I just hope we work with him to where he becomes the player we desire.
    bighawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:49 pm
  • The family doesn't want any info to get out.
    The Seahawks won't say anything so they can file a lawsuit if things don't work out.

They less we know, the worse he is.

I'm actually shocked there aren't more Seahawks fans sniffing around where he lives and hangs out.
    GET YOUR EAR PLUGS READY!!!
    TheHawkster
    * NET Bad Ass *

Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:20 pm
  • TheHawkster wrote:
    I'm actually shocked there aren't more Seahawks fans sniffing around where he lives and hangs out.

Seahawks fans, please continue NOT doing this, as it would be really awful behavior.
    Mojambo
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:53 pm
  • Mojambo wrote:
    TheHawkster wrote:

Seahawks fans, please continue NOT doing this, as it would be really awful behavior.

Absolutely this. Truly unacceptable.
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:24 pm
  • It's never been brought up but what if he had a drug problem (could even be Mary Jane) that he didn't acknowledge in college that he still hasn't kicked. Could explain a lot about focus and desire. I'm not sure how the drug tests work for a player in his situation, but I've long thought it - just never said it out loud. I HOPE not. But he is still a young kid, so...
    "You don't always get to play playoff games at home, or conference championships at home, or superbowls at home. You have to have the mindset that you can play to your potential wherever you are." - Pete Carroll
    nwHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:25 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:Having a Wife that suffered a traumatic brain injury and surgery alcohol is an absolute no no while recovering and can cause severe reactions and unpredictable behavior. He was either healed or was not following his doctors directions.

Or he never had "some serious brain damage" in the first place.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:30 pm
  • Scorpion05 wrote:
    Osprey wrote:
    WmHBonney wrote:After watching the video......cut his damn ass.

In this scenario Malik was clearly in the wrong, and had no real excuse to behave the way he did.

Had he been wrongly arrested by the police, I wouldn't care how much he yells or defies them. As a citizen he has the right to question arrest or mistreatment by officers who can go on ego power trips. Nor would it have justified lethal force. That wasn't the case here. Malik was irresponsible and wrong

I for one have no problem keeping him. Some of you do realize we kept Frank Clark despite what he was accused of when drafted right? If I'm not mistaken, Sheldon Richardson also did something stupid in NYC. I see no reason not to keep him unless he does something extraodinary. For now he's cheap, his talent is seemingly high, and I believe in rehabilitation/Not giving up on the young (unless it's a reprehensible crime)

The Seahawks had the info on the Frank Clark situation and made a justified informed decision.

Frank loves football.

The Seahawks did not know Malik was going to an idiot.

Although, the Seahawks should have seen that Malik does not love football.
    "Awww, you so weak!" Richard Sherman to Joe Webb

"Uh, huh, you suck!" Richard Sherman to Pierre Garçon

"Don't f***** try me--I'm the best!" Richard Sherman

Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    TheLegendOfBoom
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:47 am
  • Pete should take a kid like Malik under his wing and say, 'we're gonna go out and take a bit of LSD... this will get your mind right'... That might work. Mind you, just a little bit of LSD; the amount a psychiatrist might have given a patient, in say, 1960; just enough to shift Malik's frame of reference, without getting him 'high'.

Be that as it may, they need babysitters for a lot of these kids.

Like, 'hey sonny you don't mess ATVs, period. ...not while you're a Seahawk.' or... 'you don't talk to cops that way... i'm not going to ever let you even interface with cops. i'm gonna just steer you the other direction.'

Malik could be right in that, technically, he should be able to call a cop names. But, in real life it doesn't seem to work that way. A 'buddy' or 'babysitter' or 'life coach' is what these kids need.
    mrblitz
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:37 am
  • mrblitz wrote:Pete should take a kid like Malik under his wing and say, 'we're gonna go out and take a bit of LSD... this will get your mind right'... That might work. Mind you, just a little bit of LSD; the amount a psychiatrist might have given a patient, in say, 1960; just enough to shift Malik's frame of reference, without getting him 'high'.

Be that as it may, they need babysitters for a lot of these kids.

Like, 'hey sonny you don't mess ATVs, period. ...not while you're a Seahawk.' or... 'you don't talk to cops that way... i'm not going to ever let you even interface with cops. i'm gonna just steer you the other direction.'

Malik could be right in that, technically, he should be able to call a cop names. But, in real life it doesn't seem to work that way. A 'buddy' or 'babysitter' or 'life coach' is what these kids need.

Look what a buddy/babysitter/life coach did for Dion Jordan. If anyone hasn't read the article on it, google it. Truly amazing.
    www.hawk-talk.com

original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:35 am
  • Tareq Azim. Absolutely turned around Dion's - amazing job. Tom Cable and his son played a role in that too.
    "You don't always get to play playoff games at home, or conference championships at home, or superbowls at home. You have to have the mindset that you can play to your potential wherever you are." - Pete Carroll
    nwHawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:20 am
  • nwHawk wrote:Tareq Azim. Absolutely turned around Dion's - amazing job. Tom Cable and his son played a role in that too.

Yep, and Marshawn.
    www.hawk-talk.com

original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:53 pm
  • All I know is every time I see that name I get pissed-off. :x
    In the old days the other O-linemen would have just taken Ifedi out back and beat the crap out of him.
    DomeHawk
    NET Rookie

Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:02 pm
  • TheLegendOfBoom wrote:The Seahawks had the info on the Frank Clark situation and made a justified informed decision.
    Frank loves football.

The Seahawks did not know Malik was going to (be) an idiot.
    Although, the Seahawks should have seen that Malik does not love football.

The jury is still out on whether Malik loves football.
    Whatever else, Malik loves the prestige, money, and power that generally go with being an NFL player. Not to mention the privilege of getting physically beaten up each week. Well, let's stick to the first part. That's enough motivation for many, many young men who do put their bodies on the line for this game. Isn't there some dude in the NFL who donates all his game checks? Can't recall his name...

In any case, whether Malik loves football or not, now Malik has something to PROVE, lots of doubters and naysayers he can (figuratively, at least in public) give the bird to by excelling in the NFL. Hey, it worked for a young Richard Sherman.

P.S. Happy to read another poster who sees the Frank Clark thing like I do, that the Seahawks cut through the B.S. based on much better data than the media was reporting, and made an informed choice.
    2017 Adopt-A-Rookie: Chris Carson
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:14 pm
  • lobohawk wrote:Unsure if it’s similar, knowing nothing about his medical condition, but years ago a friend was in a motorcycle accident and overall came out ok. Unfortunately, he hit his head pretty hard and was concussed.

His symptoms were degraded short term memory loss and the personality of a teenager (he was in his thirties). It was like he had to relearn maturity or such. Took about a year for things to return to normal.

Just bring it up, cause brain injuries can cause odd issues. Including ones a regular joe wouldn’t think of.

Man, a poster who is so committed to addressing brain injuries and and illnesses that he takes the name "Lobo", in honor of the historical lobotomy procedure, just to make his point. Dedication!
    Oops, this just in. My amigos inform me that Lobo is Espanol for "wolf". And some university in New Mexico uses that name. Apologies.

Anyway, I have a family member who was in a car accident when I was young , didn't know her well then, but my family says she was never the same after the head injury she sustained in that accident. She became a hoarder and had trouble keeping jobs after the accident. I also have a friend who was beaten by her ex with a baseball bat, in coma for months, and she tells me the head injuries changed her personality, that she became much more impulsive and uninhibited afterwards, in speech and action.

So the truth is McDowell could already be finished as an NFL player, due to the head injury, either prone to concussions, or short-term memory issues that make him unable to remember info from film study and unable to make adjustments and reads. He could also turn out to be the baddest, meanest sonofagun on the field every given Sunday. We won't know until camp.
    2017 Adopt-A-Rookie: Chris Carson
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:35 pm
  • A lot of things can change stat and opinion wise if the guy comes out and throws down. Really really do not like the crap that went on with him this season but if it stops (which is totally plausible if he spends more time with his teammates) I can turn the other cheek. Follow the law, don't be obnoxious and produce on the field. That would be very much appreciated and noteworthy.
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:21 am
  • Bite the bullet and cut bait. Don't make that mistake in this draft however because the future of the next few years depends on success.
    Seahawkville
    NET Rookie

Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:50 pm
  • THE TABS wrote:I won’t criticize the pick because of the the result. I criticize it because Forrest Lamp, the best interior OL in the draft, was on the board. Lamp also suffered a season ending injury in TC, but it’s not the type of of thing you can predict. We needed Lamp; we did NOT need McDowell, no matter the upside.

:ditto:

And I'm not triggered, but I do think he comes across as a jackass in the video.
    We Fired Tom Cable!
    xgeoff
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:54 am
  • My thinking is if he was going to be canned, it would have happened by now.

So he is still going to be on our team,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,if he can play. Short short leash. Really no leeway for the guy. If next season he doesn't produce, well, that sucks.

Guy comes out and balls out, I would think 99% of us would say oh shit get it. All is forgiven (less broken laws).

In the end I want to see him play before I judge him.

Side note: I absolutely hate the off the field bull crap that has gone on with him.
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:24 am
  • People are capable of changing. Hard to say if this guy will ever get it. Fingers crossed.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:43 am
  • Seahawkville wrote:Bite the bullet and cut bait. Don't make that mistake in this draft however because the future of the next few years depends on success.

Not exactly sure what mistake you are talking about. The draft is not an exact science. Some guys with similar baggage end up doing well. Others flame out. Sometimes "can't miss, safest pick in the draft" guys end up as complete tools and are traded to Oakland for a 7th round pick.

This whole season of no McDowell could be nothing. A simple case of a misguided young man injuring himself at the wrong time and then working his way back to becoming a productive member of the team. Or an intellectually challenged individual who squandered the chance of a lifetime. Only time will provide the answer. Until then, I'm meh on the whole thing.
    Go Hawks!
    oldhawkfan
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:26 am
  • If he does play next season, it'll be a welcome addition given the lack of second round pick in 2018.

Hopefully he is healthy and can play, best of luck to him.
    www.hawk-talk.com

original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:26 am
  • Not sure how it's the FO that is at fault when the players decides to be an idiot. It was a dumb decision by the player, he's an adult.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:48 am
  • Seahawkville wrote:Bite the bullet and cut bait. Don't make that mistake in this draft however because the future of the next few years depends on success.

You can't "cut bait" with a player on IR, unless it's an injury settlement.

So no reason to cut McDowell right now, especially if you think he might have a good chance to play again over the next year or two.

If over the next 6-12 months the prognosis is bad enough to where the doctors tell the FO that Malik can't and/or shouldn't ever play football again? Yes, they will do an injury settlement and release him.

But they're not there yet.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:59 am
  • You have a negative cap effect by cutting him any earlier than 2020. To explain further, the cap goes down by cutting him. Trust me, he's safe.

There aren't many players that would make the cap go down via a cut, Malik is one of them.

Ifedi & Pocic are the other two.
    www.hawk-talk.com

original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:16 pm
  • I don't understand the hate against Malik

It was known that he might not have the passion for football. This is why people were passing on him

Our FO decided that they are smarter than everybody else and kept trading down in the draft, helping SF out and ended up with Malik

Malik behaved EXACTLY as predicted with the only random thing being the outcome that was this severe

Why is that something to be mad at him about? What should we have expected?

The "loss" of a draft pick is 110% on the FO and their gamble
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:22 pm
  • Cut bait.

Mistakes are always best viewed in the rear view mirror.

Should have taken O-Line but evidently they couldn't go wrong on either side of the ball in the trenches.

They simply picked a knucklehead.

Move on.
    Seahawkville
    NET Rookie

Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:30 pm
  • Seahawkville wrote:Cut bait.

Mistakes are always best viewed in the rear view mirror.

Should have taken O-Line but evidently they couldn't go wrong on either side of the ball in the trenches.

They simply picked a knucklehead.

Move on.

original poster wrote:You have a negative cap effect by cutting him any earlier than 2020. To explain further, the cap goes down by cutting him. Trust me, he's safe.

There aren't many players that would make the cap go down via a cut, Malik is one of them.

Ifedi & Pocic are the other two.
    www.hawk-talk.com

original poster
    * NET Moderator *

PreviousNext

It is currently Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:25 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information