Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Lane arrested for DUI

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: Lane arrested for DUI
Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:46 pm
  • A most unfortunate occurrence for Mr. Lane. He was "skating on thin ice" as it was. His career has taken a definite turn for the worst.
    Proud Member of the .Net Old Farts Society
    Bigpumpkin
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:05 pm
  • Seymour wrote:
    hawknation2018 wrote:Wait until all the facts come out before passing judgment. Just saying.

You mean you will wait? Or you think it is wise to tell everyone else how to behave? :roll:

All the facts will never come out.

Disagree, if there is actually something to this other than an overzealous police officer then there will be a police report that will eventually become public, like in every other case. All hawknation is saying is let the facts come out. The reading .03 is not normally enough to make anyone impaired in the operation of a MV. So what actually happened to justify potential charges? In fact for most people let alone a 200 + pound man in excellent physical condition there should be little to no symptomology of alcohol consumption save for a smell on the breath of alcohol. This is an unusual situation.

The assumption of guilt in any case is thankfully something constitutionally not part of the judicial system. Oh,and by the way the police are not always right and sometimes athletes are singled out for differential levels of discretionary enforcement. Just b/c the police say you did something wrong doesn't mean you did. Thankfully to convict the state has to prove a case beyond a reasonable doubt to convict anyone. Before I pass judgment on Lane's case I'd want to know more.

I think Lane is overpaid and has worsened as a CB in a relative way to others on the team. He will likely either be traded or released this offseason. I think the team was disappointed the trade with Houston didn't complete but suspect Houston actually wasn't sold on Lane either so they weaselled to get an extra draft pick. Clearly he's lost position on the depth chart after the addition of Coleman who is better than him as a nickel corner. The team can do better or the same at a far lower price. He's done here.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:29 pm
  • I'm surprised they just don't buy a tesla and have it drive them home
    just seems to easy to get a ride and not take the chance
    What are you
    I'm a mog , half man , half dog
    I'm my own best friend
    hawxfreak
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:47 pm
  • I want this to be untrue just so it keeps whatever trade value he had intact. Hell he went from Brown once, what miracle can he be thrown in for now.
    flmmkrz
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:14 pm
  • Dude is basically "can't get right" for the last two years. Once a ton of promise. Legit 4.4 40 with great quickness and acceleration. I think it was an insane 40 and a half inch vert while also being 6'0 and a willing tackler.

I have no idea what happened, but it's kind of sad both from his own personal part, but also from a Hawks' point of view. He should be starting right now. Even if the DUI doesn't hold, which if what he says is true, it still doesn't cover up the fact that he's been benched at multiple positions for good reason at said positions.

Lane,

Get your damn bearings corrected so you can get and keep a job. You need to prioritize.

The end
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:22 am
  • Bye bye!
    Section 319 Row A / LOUD AND PROUD
    Loud & Proud
    NET Rookie

Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:23 am
  • hawknation2018 wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    hawknation2018 wrote:Wait until all the facts come out before passing judgment. Just saying.

You mean you will wait? Or you think it is wise to tell everyone else how to behave? :roll:

All the facts will never come out.

I'm saying it is foolish to call Lane names and make assumptions about his guilt before we know more, like whether he will even be charged by the Prosecuting Attorney's Office.

Agreed.

People love to sit in the background and call names and judge before info is released.

I am 100% against drinking and driving.

But in the past almost everyone on this forum has done it.
    Vesuve
    NET Rookie

Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:40 am
  • Bigpumpkin wrote:A most unfortunate occurrence for Mr. Lane. He was "skating on thin ice" as it was. His career has taken a definite turn for the worst.

"Unfortunate Occurrence?" Stepping off a curb and twisting your ankle is an unfortunate occurrence. Driving under the influence? That's poor decision making. He deserves whatever punishment the courts dish out.
    2018 Adopt a Rookie: Rashaad Penny

Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:40 am
  • If it is indeed true that his BAC was .03, the odds of this getting thrown out or reduced to reckless driving (common) are high.

I doubt he stays with us next year anyway. Most probably he gets another opportunity elsewhere.
    crosfam
    NET Starter

Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:05 am
  • mistaowen wrote:Just so much money to call an uber and still make dumb decisions like this.

Uber?? These guys have enough money to BUY a limo, hire a driver for the night, and then give the limo to a homeless guy and it wouldn't affect their financial situation one bit.. So dumb...
    Sign37now
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:48 pm
  • Hmmmm so the plot thickens.....

"Practice without improvement is meaningless" - Chuck Knox
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:55 pm
  • So he lied about it being 0.03?

No doubt the team are gathering info before making a decision.
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:17 pm
  • 2_0_6 wrote:Hmmmm so the plot thickens.....

Duh on the weed being why, called that one.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:19 pm
  • original poster wrote:So he lied about it being 0.03?

Kinda since .039 would round to .04 not .03 per basic math rules.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:23 pm
  • 80 in a 60
    .04 BAC
    Smell of weed

Genius!
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:26 pm
  • Seymour wrote:
    original poster wrote:So he lied about it being 0.03?

Almost certain Lane said 0.03 not 0.3
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:30 pm
  • original poster wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    original poster wrote:So he lied about it being 0.03?

Almost certain Lane said 0.03 not 0.3

Yes he said 0.03 Not sure where you get the .3 from though?

0.03 = .03

“A fail DUI is 0.08 right ? I blew 0.03 why was still arrest,” Lane wrote, “I’ll just leave it at that.”
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:39 pm
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:40 pm
  • Ignore me :lol: :shock:
    www.hawk-talk.com

original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:48 pm
  • Brilliant. Admits to the cops he smoked the weed earlier, also had been drinking, then driving at 80MPH after 2:00AM and he wonders why they cited him?? :roll:

Matters not, he was out of here anyway.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:54 pm
  • Seymour wrote:Brilliant. Admits to the cops he smoked the weed earlier, also had been drinking, then driving at 80MPH after 2:00AM and he wonders why they cited him?? :roll:

Absolutely. Just may be sooner than anticipated.
    www.hawk-talk.com

original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:58 pm
  • original poster wrote:
    Seymour wrote:Brilliant. Admits to the cops he smoked the weed earlier, also had been drinking, then driving at 80MPH after 2:00AM and he wonders why they cited him?? :roll:

I haven't read the article yet, but 950 just said he stated to the cops "I'm more high than anything". like that was going to help his cause or something!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:01 pm
  • Seymour wrote:
    original poster wrote:
    Seymour wrote:Brilliant. Admits to the cops he smoked the weed earlier, also had been drinking, then driving at 80MPH after 2:00AM and he wonders why they cited him?? :roll:

I haven't read the article yet, but 950 just said he stated to the cops "I'm more high than anything". like that was going to help his cause or something!!!

I was more shocked he was driving a 12 year old car. I know he had a Bentley.
    www.hawk-talk.com

original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:03 pm
  • Probably didn’t want to stink up the interior of his Bentley, lol.
    www.hawk-talk.com

original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:04 pm
  • Well he is going to be gone now anyway, pity was hoping a draft pick or something for him.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:05 pm
  • original poster wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    original poster wrote:

I was more shocked he was driving a 12 year old car. I know he had a Bentley.

Perhaps Coleman taught him that money saving tip. :idea:
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:43 pm
  • Hard to believe someone who is able to become an NFL starter in life is this stupid. Maybe he's got undiagnosed CTE.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:48 pm
    2018 Adopt a Rookie: Rashaad Penny

Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:47 am
  • I was more high then anything. Lol
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:56 am
  • http://komonews.com/sports/seahawks/state-patrol-report-seahawks-lane-had-been-smoking-pot-before-arrest

The State Patrol report says that Lane was stopped about 2 a.m. Sunday on Interstate 90 on Mercer Island. He was driving his 2006 Dodge Charger with its hazard lights on and was going 80 mph in a 60-mph zone, the report says. He also made several lane changes.

Lane later told a trooper that he had the hazard lights on because his home alarm system had been triggered and that he was trying to get home.

Trooper Matthew Mason wrote that "there was a strong odor of burnt marijuana" inside Lane's car. "Lane's speech was slurred and slow, and his eyes were bloodshot and watery."

Lane told the trooper that he had had nothing to drink but had smoked marijuana three hours earlier.

A breath tests showed a blood-alcohol limit of .039, below the legal limit of .08.

Lane latter said he didn't want people "thinking he was drunk," the report says.

Mason said Lane then said, "This time I was more high than anything."

Among the three field sobriety tests, Lane was asked to lift one leg, then count.

"While Lane counted out loud, I noticed that he skipped from 11 to 13, then back to 12, the forward to 14," Mason wrote in his report. "Around the time he had counted to 20, Lane began to lose his balance and leaned heavily to his right, eventually placing his foot down and stumbling while regaining his balance."

Mason said he was unaware that Lane was a professional football player and that the Seahawk made only oblique references to sports. At one point, he told the trooper that he had broken his arm in the Super Bowl, the report says.

The trooper also responded in his report to comments Lane made on twitter. "A fail DUI is 0.08 right? I blew 0.03 why was still arrest!!! I'll Leave it at that," he said a tweet that was later deleted.

But Mason said he explained to Lane several times that he was arrested because of his driving, his performance on the sobriety test and his admission to smoking marijuana "lead me to believe that he was impaired by a combination of alcohol and marijuana."

After being arrested, Lane was taken to Overlake Hospital for blood draws.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:18 pm
  • Weed happens. Trust me, I know.
    enjoy the ride
    HomerJHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:57 pm
  • Guy was always my least favourite Hawk, time to hit the road, for real this time.
    potatohead
    NET Rookie

Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:19 pm
  • HomerJHawk wrote:Weed happens. Trust me, I know.

It happens a lot more at 80 mph with flashers on.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:23 am
  • Seymour wrote:http://komonews.com/sports/seahawks/state-patrol-report-seahawks-lane-had-been-smoking-pot-before-arrest

The State Patrol report says that Lane was stopped about 2 a.m. Sunday on Interstate 90 on Mercer Island. He was driving his 2006 Dodge Charger with its hazard lights on and was going 80 mph in a 60-mph zone, the report says. He also made several lane changes.

Lane later told a trooper that he had the hazard lights on because his home alarm system had been triggered and that he was trying to get home.

Trooper Matthew Mason wrote that "there was a strong odor of burnt marijuana" inside Lane's car. "Lane's speech was slurred and slow, and his eyes were bloodshot and watery."

Lane told the trooper that he had had nothing to drink but had smoked marijuana three hours earlier.

A breath tests showed a blood-alcohol limit of .039, below the legal limit of .08.

Lane latter said he didn't want people "thinking he was drunk," the report says.

Among the three field sobriety tests, Lane was asked to lift one leg, then count.

"While Lane counted out loud, I noticed that he skipped from 11 to 13, then back to 12, the forward to 14," Mason wrote in his report. "Around the time he had counted to 20, Lane began to lose his balance and leaned heavily to his right, eventually placing his foot down and stumbling while regaining his balance."

Mason said he was unaware that Lane was a professional football player and that the Seahawk made only oblique references to sports. At one point, he told the trooper that he had broken his arm in the Super Bowl, the report says.

The trooper also responded in his report to comments Lane made on twitter. "A fail DUI is 0.08 right? I blew 0.03 why was still arrest!!! I'll Leave it at that," he said a tweet that was later deleted.

But Mason said he explained to Lane several times that he was arrested because of his driving, his performance on the sobriety test and his admission to smoking marijuana "lead me to believe that he was impaired by a combination of alcohol and marijuana."

Amazing how they can force you to do that when no accident is involved.
    That test will be the death of his Hawk days.
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:26 am
  • IndyHawk wrote:
    Seymour wrote:http://komonews.com/sports/seahawks/state-patrol-report-seahawks-lane-had-been-smoking-pot-before-arrest

Amazing how they can force you to do that when no accident is involved.
    That test will be the death of his Hawk days.

I think he was gone out of Seattle anyway, in honesty. All this does is damage any chance of a low round draft trade.
    www.hawk-talk.com

original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:43 pm
  • The accuracy of the devices measuring blood alcohol have a margin of error of + or - .01 milligrams/100 mililitres or 10 milligrams %. What this means is the reading for Lane could have been 0.029 to 0.049. Just a reminder the legal limit of alcohol in blood is 0.08.

Giving the benefit of a doubt according to the law his reading is rounded down to the next lowest round number and thus the correct reading for him at law is .03 or .02 which is under the blood alcohol level for a warn reading or .05 milligrams/100 millilitres on any roadside screening device. A reading of .05 is the level where one is affected by alcohol but not impaired by it in most cases. What this means is that he was not impaired by alcohol but rather arguably by a drug or a combination thereof.

As I regularly deal with these cases as a defence lawyer I know the above information is accurate. Lane’s admission of consumption of weed may or may not be admissible in Court depending upon a number of factors and the state of his Miranda efforts warnings, etc.. the case against him is to me most likely a weak case. A plea deal will likely happen.

Lane was likely gone notwithstanding this stupidity as he has regressed as a CB, though the collective D has all gotten worse under the Richard regime. Change for him would be a good thing he has fallen down the DC here and was well behind Coleman as the nickel. I think the team will move away from him for his play and not just b/c of this incident.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:03 am
  • hedgehawk wrote:
    Chapow wrote:
    WmHBonney wrote: Every situation is different, and a low BAC% doesn't mean that you weren't too screwed up to drive.

Yep. Just like being arrested for something doesn't mean that you are guilty.

I'm not saying he's not guilty. I don't know if he's guilty or not. I'm just saying that people are arrested all the time who are not guilty of whatever it is they were arrested for.

Wouldn’t shock me if he refused a breath test, didn’t do well on a sobriety test or his car smelled like weed if his .03 BAC is accurate. Around 6 weeks ago I went out to dinner with a friend. He had 3 beers over 2 hours at dinner. He ran a yellow/red light while dropping me back off. Cop asked if he would take a field sobriety test, buddy said sure. He screwed up the alphabet funny enough. Cop took a breath test and he was .035 and was arrested. Since I hadn’t been drinking at all the officers asked if I would drive his car to the station as they were going to release him within minutes. They charged him with DWI but the courts dropped the charges altogether a few weeks later. Sometimes it’s not as bad as it seems. Probably won’t help his off-season regardless.

How can he charged with a DUI at 0.35?!
    Vesuve
    NET Rookie

Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:24 am
  • If his reading was actually 0.35 he’d have been almost 4 1/2 times over the legal limit.

I doubt he’s to be charged with driving over the legal limit of 0.08 at his reading of 0.039 but rather he’s charged with Driving while Impaired.

In his case I suppose the argument is he was impaired by alcohol and a drug in combination.

The law will soon strengthen to deal with stoners who get high then drive while high and waisted. Impaired driving is simply driving while your ability to “drive” is impaired. In Lane’s case, unless his driving was poor, other than for speeding 80 in a 60 zone with his hazard flasher on, the case of the actual impairment of his driving ability is not that strong. There appears to be little evidence of weaving, inability to maintain his proper lane, inexplicably wide turns etc.

There is little doubt he was somewhat stupid however. The admission off being high is going to bite him in the rear. This could however be a case the state prosecutes b/c of Lane’s notoriety and the impaired by drug angle.

jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:34 am
  • Vesuve wrote:
    hedgehawk wrote:
    Chapow wrote:
    WmHBonney wrote: Every situation is different, and a low BAC% doesn't mean that you weren't too screwed up to drive.

I'm not saying he's not guilty. I don't know if he's guilty or not. I'm just saying that people are arrested all the time who are not guilty of whatever it is they were arrested for.

Wouldn’t shock me if he refused a breath test, didn’t do well on a sobriety test or his car smelled like weed if his .03 BAC is accurate. Around 6 weeks ago I went out to dinner with a friend. He had 3 beers over 2 hours at dinner. He ran a yellow/red light while dropping me back off. Cop asked if he would take a field sobriety test, buddy said sure. He screwed up the alphabet funny enough. Cop took a breath test and he was .035 and was arrested. Since I hadn’t been drinking at all the officers asked if I would drive his car to the station as they were going to release him within minutes. They charged him with DWI but the courts dropped the charges altogether a few weeks later. Sometimes it’s not as bad as it seems. Probably won’t help his off-season regardless.

You have the decimal in the wrong place. It was .039 per report (under .08 law yes), but when combined with weed (or any other drug) everything changes.

DUI is not just driving drunk in this state.

http://www.dol.wa.gov/driverslicense/dui.html

DUI (Driving Under the Influence)
    What is DUI?

Driving under the influence (DUI) refers to operating a vehicle while affected by alcohol, drugs, or both. This applies to both legal and illegal drugs, including prescription medication and over-the-counter drugs.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:33 am
  • cut this guy
    Hasselbeck wrote:Matt Flynn should be our starter. Wilson is nothing more than a backup and will never amount to anything in this league.
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:50 am
  • Vesuve wrote:
    hedgehawk wrote:
    Chapow wrote:

They said something along the lines of “we believe you are impaired to be driving, as you ran a red light and failed parts of the field sobriety.” Courts and prosecutors obviously didn’t agree as all charges were dropped.
    hedgehawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:59 pm
  • Shanegotyou11 wrote:Y'all sound like a bunch of jerks. Its cuz you dont like him. Flat out is the reason why. If it was Russ, it wouldn't of had this knee jerk reaction that you guys are having.

If he did blow, its totally immature and bad. I flat out agree on that. He could of killed someone.

On a side note the people in here calling him a "loser" or whatever else you guys are saying probably have had a DUI or had a little over the limit in your life.

Dude don’t bring Russell Wilson into this. Dude would never drink and drive. He’s so well behaved he’s still a virgin despite marrying a hottie.
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran

Previous

It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:33 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information