Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Walter Football grades the alleged Schottenheimer hire

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • Lol. So true
    --------------------

Seahawks hire OC Brian Schottenheimer: MILLEN HIRES SEXY SON TO INSERT KIELBASAS INTO Grade
    I'm not sure if this is official yet. Adam Schefter reported yesterday that it will happen at some point. But given how stupid this is, I just had to write about it.

I can't believe the Seahawks are hiring Brian Schottenheimer to be their offensive coordinator. Hell, I can't believe Schottenheimer has any sort of job, period. Like, if 7-11 hired him, I'd give it an "F." Why is he still employed in the NFL!? The Seahawks did a great job by finally moving on from the abysmal Darrell Bevell, yet they somehow found someone who is worse than him!

Schottenheimer has inexplicably been an offensive coordinator for nine years. His offense has been ranked 20th or worse in seven of those seasons. Schottenheimer has failed with the Jets and Rams, and he was horrible at the University of Georgia. He offers no sort of innovation or creativity with his play-calling, and the only reason he has a job in the NFL is because of his father. This is nepotism at its finest.

I can't believe the Seahawks are doing this. Despite their reluctance to fire Bevell much earlier, they've generally been a smart organization. This makes me think otherwise. They could've hired a sharp, innovative, offensive mind to help Russell Wilson, but they've brought in a proven failure instead. I have no logical explanation for this decision, and this sort of nepotism deserves an obvious Millen.

Read more: http://walterfootball.com/coachfirehire ... z54ECw3QSv

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/coachfirehire ... J4G0ufH.99
    King Dog
    NET Veteran

• As said on many other threads it seems that PC needs to be the top guy instead of everyone wins despite where the credit goes. Could be a stellar signing by Pete though especially if we get a good OLC and he will be seen as a genius.

Don't care regardless, I think results matter. Past means nothing in regards of moving forward. I am going to be sick to my stomach if things look exactly the same next year or even worse. If that is the case PA needs to Jim Mora PC.
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

• I agree with Walter. It makes me sick if this is the direction we're going.
    King Dog
    NET Veteran

• I don't like the Schotty hire either, but Walter is a dope. He's an average, overreactive NFL fan that happens to have a well trafficked site.
    I hate Tim Ruskell.
    Trrrroy
    NET Veteran

• King Dog wrote:Lol. So true
    --------------------

Seahawks hire OC Brian Schottenheimer: MILLEN HIRES SEXY SON TO INSERT KIELBASAS INTO Grade
    I'm not sure if this is official yet. Adam Schefter reported yesterday that it will happen at some point. But given how stupid this is, I just had to write about it.

I can't believe the Seahawks are hiring Brian Schottenheimer to be their offensive coordinator. Hell, I can't believe Schottenheimer has any sort of job, period. Like, if 7-11 hired him, I'd give it an "F." Why is he still employed in the NFL!? The Seahawks did a great job by finally moving on from the abysmal Darrell Bevell, yet they somehow found someone who is worse than him!

Schottenheimer has inexplicably been an offensive coordinator for nine years. His offense has been ranked 20th or worse in seven of those seasons. Schottenheimer has failed with the Jets and Rams, and he was horrible at the University of Georgia. He offers no sort of innovation or creativity with his play-calling, and the only reason he has a job in the NFL is because of his father. This is nepotism at its finest.

I can't believe the Seahawks are doing this. Despite their reluctance to fire Bevell much earlier, they've generally been a smart organization. This makes me think otherwise. They could've hired a sharp, innovative, offensive mind to help Russell Wilson, but they've brought in a proven failure instead. I have no logical explanation for this decision, and this sort of nepotism deserves an obvious Millen.

Read more: http://walterfootball.com/coachfirehire ... z54ECw3QSv

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/coachfirehire ... J4G0ufH.99

Millen is a dumb shit, thank you very much.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

• Trrrroy wrote:I don't like the Schotty hire either, but Walter is a dope. He's an average, overreactive NFL fan that happens to have a well trafficked site.

Please, he's an expert! He makes hot takes and says he has sources - some NFL team should hire him!

Also, he has the humor of an actual 12 year old.
    2016/2017 Adopt-A-Rookie: CJ Prosise, Quill Griffin
    2016/2017 Adopt-A-UDFA: Lene Maiava, Jordan Roos
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

• Trrrroy wrote:I don't like the Schotty hire either, but Walter is a dope. He's an average, overreactive NFL fan that happens to have a well trafficked site.

Probably pissed off because Pete didn't ask for his blathering opinion.
    People need to grow the hell up, & STOP with the "Schotty" bullshit grade-school name calling.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

• scutterhawk wrote:
    Trrrroy wrote:I don't like the Schotty hire either, but Walter is a dope. He's an average, overreactive NFL fan that happens to have a well trafficked site.

People need to grow the hell up, & STOP with the "Schotty" bullshit grade-school name calling.

Um.

I don't think anyone is name-calling. That's just his name. He has a long ass surname, of course it's going to be shortened.
    2016/2017 Adopt-A-Rookie: CJ Prosise, Quill Griffin
    2016/2017 Adopt-A-UDFA: Lene Maiava, Jordan Roos
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

• What Walter said was spot on.
    toffee
    NET Starter

• Is this the same site that"gave Seattle my worst draft grade ever!"?

And who says Russell Wilson was a bad pick?

You're quoting them? :34853_doh:
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy

http://ivotuk.com/
    ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *

• Counterpoint. :smilingalien:

In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• KitsapGuy wrote:Counterpoint. :smilingalien:

Huh, are we really the pulse of Seahawk fandom here. Really seems that way from articles I have read and things put on talking heads shows. Maybe it is coincidence or what talking heads say make us form our views. Who knows.
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

• We are well trafficked by media for the pulse of the fan base, look how long we have been here and media outlets have in the past have had live chats or had Q and A things where this sites owners have been asked to pol and get responses.

Aros fought the good fight for many years so not only do the Seahawks know us and look in and see stuff but the NFL as well, they probably still really would like to get this domain name in their books, it is still independent that's due Aros and Rockhawk and now Anguish as well. As well as everyone that donates and contributes their time as members and moderators.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• scutterhawk wrote:
    Trrrroy wrote:I don't like the Schotty hire either, but Walter is a dope. He's an average, overreactive NFL fan that happens to have a well trafficked site.

lmao how is calling him Schotty name calling?
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran

• Pete Carroll was a proven failure at the NFL level too.....
    2018 Adopt a Rookie: Rashaad Penny

Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

• ivotuk wrote:Is this the same site that"gave Seattle my worst draft grade ever!"?

Yep. Walter also panned the Lynch trade because Lynch was "lazy" and "just not that good." Also thought the Pete Carroll hire was awful if memory serves.

So in summary he gave one of the best drafts in NFL history an F, one of the best trades in history an F, and one of the best coaching hires in history an F. If anything his hatred of this hire is a good omen.
    I hate Tim Ruskell.
    Trrrroy
    NET Veteran

• Trrrroy wrote:
    ivotuk wrote:Is this the same site that"gave Seattle my worst draft grade ever!"?

Yep. Walter also panned the Lynch trade because Lynch was "lazy" and "just not that good." Also thought the Pete Carroll hire was awful if memory serves.

So in summary he gave one of the best drafts in NFL history an F, one of the best trades in history an F, and one of the best coaching hires in history an F. If anything his hatred of this hire is a good omen.

Nobody will ever respect what Seattle does. Most of the people I've met on the east coast think Seattle is a foreign planet.

Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

• Sox-n-Hawks wrote:Nobody will ever respect what Seattle does. Most of the people I've met on the east coast think Seattle is a foreign planet.

TBH, we pretty much are.
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

• Trrrroy wrote:
    ivotuk wrote:Is this the same site that"gave Seattle my worst draft grade ever!"?

:ditto:

Further down the page it says this:

"Seahawks fire OC Darrell Bevell, DC Kris Richard: A+ and C- Grade"

No mention of the Cable firing ...
    Grahamhawker
    NET Veteran

• Trrrroy wrote:

If true, logic would dictate that getting an F from him is exactly what we should want. :2thumbs:
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• Yeah see the thing is... regardless of how you feel about Walter... You can’t dispute the facts that he based his conclusion upon.
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran

• brimsalabim wrote:Yeah see the thing is... regardless of how you feel about Walter... You can’t dispute the facts that he based his conclusion upon.

He offers very little in the way of facts, though. His insights go no further than most of the posters on any fan forum. He google's where Schottenheimers offenses finished in yards, but no context.
    I hate Tim Ruskell.
    Trrrroy
    NET Veteran

• chris98251 wrote:We are well trafficked by media for the pulse of the fan base, look how long we have been here and media outlets have in the past have had live chats or had Q and A things where this sites owners have been asked to pol and get responses.

Aros fought the good fight for many years so not only do the Seahawks know us and look in and see stuff but the NFL as well, they probably still really would like to get this domain name in their books, it is still independent that's due Aros and Rockhawk and now Anguish as well. As well as everyone that donates and contributes their time as members and moderators.

I approve of this message. :2thumbs:

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Aros wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:We are well trafficked by media for the pulse of the fan base, look how long we have been here and media outlets have in the past have had live chats or had Q and A things where this sites owners have been asked to pol and get responses.

Yessir!! Maybe they'll put Roland or Todd in the booth to announce a game. :snack:

Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

• Ah Walter Football, the poor man's Bleacher Report

Ah, Bleacher Report, the poor man's random fan blog site.
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran

• The "yeah but Pete was a failure before he got here too" argument doesn't really translate.

Sure his success was at a different level, but Pete was king of college football for years. He at least had a track record to point to that gave us hope he had figured this whole coaching thing out.

Schotty has nothing to point to yet. Doesn't mean he's a guaranteed failure of course, maybe he is the most unlucky guy to ever coach..... and or maybe he has magically figured it out.

But if you are optimistic about this potential hire, it is based on pure hope alone and nothing else.

Even though its all we fans got, praying that his whole resume is a fluke seems like whistling past the graveyard to me.
    Hawkpower
    NET Veteran

• Steve2222 wrote:
    scutterhawk wrote:

Because, when it's coming from WF, it's not intended to be a complement. :roll:
    AND to be honest, I've read where some of the "Self Proclaimed Experts" in here have already started equating "Shotty" with the word Shoddy, thus, Grade school mentality.
    There's not a Man-jack in here that rivals Pete's Football Moxie, but to hear his critics tell it, Brian Schottenheimer (sp.) wasn't one of the sexy names on the .NET's Desire hire list, so Pete Carroll is a fool....They actually BELIEVE that they are one up on Pete Carroll & John Schneider for being in the KNOW. LOL
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

• Seattle should have hired Andy Reid, what the Seahawks need is a philosophy, a consistency, and master play caller. I can think of no better that Reid or Holmgren, and Mike is not coming anywhere near Paul Allens facility as a paid person. Obviously, KC this year, and Philly in the past always came up short. I have always believed that the OC should not be the HC in the modern era. The substitutions, and situations move too fast.
    jeremiah
    NET Practice Squad

• scutterhawk wrote:
    Steve2222 wrote:
    scutterhawk wrote:

AND to be honest, I've read where some of the "Self Proclaimed Experts" in here have already started equating "Shotty" with the word Shoddy, thus, Grade school mentality.
    There's not a Man-jack in here that rivals Pete's Football Moxie, but to hear his critics tell it, Brian Schottenheimer (sp.) wasn't one of the sexy names on the .NET's Desire hire list, so Pete Carroll is a fool....They actually BELIEVE that they are one up on Pete Carroll & John Schneider for being in the KNOW. LOL

Its less about being an unsexy name, and more about his lack of success in the past.

We've actually come to know Pete fairly well over the years, and this appears as if it could be the hiring of a yes man kind of a thing rather than the best coordinator available. Which would kind of fit with what we have seen at times with Pete.

I think considering his lack of previous success, it is perfectly reasonable to scratch our heads at the decision.
    Hawkpower
    NET Veteran

• jeremiah wrote:Seattle should have hired Andy Reid, what the Seahawks need is a philosophy, a consistency, and master play caller. I can think of no better that Reid or Holmgren, and Mike is not coming anywhere near Paul Allens facility as a paid person. Obviously, KC this year, and Philly in the past always came up short. I have always believed that the OC should not be the HC in the modern era. The substitutions, and situations move too fast.

Hired Reid for what, head coach? Reid is not going anywhere much less replacing PC. Pete is here for at least another 3 years IMHO.
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

• Hawkpower wrote:
    scutterhawk wrote:
    Steve2222 wrote:
    scutterhawk wrote:Probably pissed off because Pete didn't ask for his blathering opinion.

Its less about being an unsexy name, and more about his lack of success in the past.

We've actually come to know Pete fairly well over the years, and this appears as if it could be the hiring of a yes man kind of a thing rather than the best coordinator available. Which would kind of fit with what we have seen at times with Pete.

I think considering his lack of previous success, it is perfectly reasonable to scratch our heads at the decision.

Well said
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

• GeekHawk wrote:
    Sox-n-Hawks wrote:Nobody will ever respect what Seattle does. Most of the people I've met on the east coast think Seattle is a foreign planet.

TBH, we pretty much are.

Afte living and working on the east coast in the past after growing up here, yes, there is a different mentality and sometimes / often geographical arrogance in the northeast.
    Vesuve
    NET Rookie

• Vesuve wrote:
    GeekHawk wrote:
    Sox-n-Hawks wrote:Nobody will ever respect what Seattle does. Most of the people I've met on the east coast think Seattle is a foreign planet.

TBH, we pretty much are.

Afte living and working on the east coast in the past after growing up here, yes, there is a different mentality and sometimes / often geographical arrogance in the northeast.

It was mind boggling to me how disconnected that region is. If it's south of NYC or east of Ohio, it doesn't exist.

Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

• Aros wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:We are well trafficked by media for the pulse of the fan base, look how long we have been here and media outlets have in the past have had live chats or had Q and A things where this sites owners have been asked to pol and get responses.

Thanks for fighting the good fight!
    CodeWarrior
    NET Veteran

• seahawkfreak wrote:
    jeremiah wrote:Seattle should have hired Andy Reid, what the Seahawks need is a philosophy, a consistency, and master play caller. I can think of no better that Reid or Holmgren, and Mike is not coming anywhere near Paul Allens facility as a paid person. Obviously, KC this year, and Philly in the past always came up short. I have always believed that the OC should not be the HC in the modern era. The substitutions, and situations move too fast.

Hired Reid for what, head coach? Reid is not going anywhere much less replacing PC. Pete is here for at least another 3 years IMHO.

The subject was about the Offensive Coordinator, that is what my comment was about. The OC is a very important part of the team, and you need a quick mind who knows his philosophy. I can think of no better QB/OC match than someone steeped in the West Coast offense, and the usage of passing as part of the "running game". Throw more slants, screens etc to open up the deep passing game. Look what Coach Reid did with Alex fergawdsake. Plug RW into that KC team and you have an offense that runs like a machine.
    jeremiah
    NET Practice Squad

• He's spot on with his grade. This hire is a disaster.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    * NET Moderator *

• Can we give the OC more than 5 minutes before we start grading his performance? He hasn't even had a chance to do anything here and some are saying he's already a failure, or not good enough. Who the hell knows. Let's let it cook a bit.
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just like your opinion...man." - The Dude
    CHawkTailGator
    NET Veteran

• I seem to remember everyone nationally talking about how amazing Cable and Bevell were and how they are guru's and candidates for head coaching gigs around the league. I also seem to remember being laughed at for drafting players like Kam Chancellor, Richard Sherman, and Russell Wilson. Lets not forget how "Wrong" we were for hiring Pete Carroll as HC before hiring a GM like traditionally done...

As a matter of fact it seems that whenever the national media all jumps onto something with this team the exact opposite is true.

:stirthepot:
    DJrmb
    NET Veteran

• DJrmb wrote:I seem to remember everyone nationally talking about how amazing Cable and Bevell were and how they are guru's and candidates for head coaching gigs around the league. I also seem to remember being laughed at for drafting players like Kam Chancellor, Richard Sherman, and Russell Wilson. Lets not forget how "Wrong" we were for hiring Pete Carroll as HC before hiring a GM like traditionally done...

As a matter of fact it seems that whenever the national media all jumps onto something with this team the exact opposite is true.

:stirthepot:

Heck most of them can't find Seattle on a globe

Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

• If any other team hired BS all of .net would be laughing their ass off at this grade, but because he's ours we need to hold off judgement.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

• getnasty wrote:If any other team hired BS all of .net would be laughing their ass off at this grade, but because he's ours we need to hold off judgement.

Could have said the same thing about Pete when he was hired. As a matter of fact a lot here said he was just running from the USC investigations/sanctions as did the media. I'm not telling you or anyone else what to do or think, but if you learn anything from recent history it would say not to go with the popular opinion when it comes to this team...
    DJrmb
    NET Veteran

• DJrmb wrote:
    getnasty wrote:If any other team hired BS all of .net would be laughing their ass off at this grade, but because he's ours we need to hold off judgement.

Could have said the same thing about Pete when he was hired. As a matter of fact a lot here said he was just running from the USC investigations/sanctions as did the media. I'm not telling you or anyone else what to do or think, but if you learn anything from recent history it would say not to go with the popular opinion when it comes to this team...

Except that Pete was successful and BS has never shown to be anything other then mediocre at best.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

• getnasty wrote:
    DJrmb wrote:
    getnasty wrote:If any other team hired BS all of .net would be laughing their ass off at this grade, but because he's ours we need to hold off judgement.

Except that Pete was successful and BS has never shown to be anything other then mediocre at best.

Pete was not successful in the NFL. You have to remember this was not too long after Saban got laughed out of the NFL back to college and the popular opinion was that college coaches couldn't really succeed in the NFL. It was not a popular hire at all. Don't you remember that?
    DJrmb
    NET Veteran

• getnasty wrote:
    DJrmb wrote:

Pete was a failure at the NFL level until he came to Seattle. He was Legit at SC though, after he read The Inner Game of Tennis by Tim Gallwey

Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

• DJrmb wrote:
    getnasty wrote:
    DJrmb wrote:

Pete was not successful in the NFL. You have to remember this was not too long after Saban got laughed out of the NFL back to college and the popular opinion was that college coaches couldn't really succeed in the NFL. It was not a popular hire at all. Don't you remember that?

I'm not saying it was popular escpically in UW country, what I'm saying is that he had a ton of success at USC and wasn't a failure in NE. BS hasn't even been mediocre he's been horrible. I'm not going to look it up but Bevells offense last year that we all hated and was his worst in Sesttle was probably ranked higher then a majority of BS lead offenses.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

• DJrmb wrote:
    getnasty wrote:
    DJrmb wrote:

This is a gross exaggeration

Pete had one really bad season to start his head coaching career. Then, he led the Patriots to a division title one year, and made the playoffs the following year. His last season with the Patriots the next year was 8-8.
    Then Pete went to USC, succeeded, came back, succeeded with the Hawks. He got lucky with Russell Wilson, but without him I still believes he leads us to a few division titles. He was also revered as a really good CB coach

So at the very least, Pete showed SOME glimmer of success. I don't think it's fair to say people are being unfair to Schotty. To believe in him you need blind faith. I will say, looking back at some his games he really did call some good games. I think of the Jets-Lions overtime game, or the Jets-Chargers playoff game. Both were pretty well called by Schotty. He's had some really good wins. I think Pete is betting that not only has Schotty grown, but Russell Wilson will be the most consistent QB he's ever had
    Scorpion05
    NET Veteran

• Scorpion05 wrote:
    DJrmb wrote:
    getnasty wrote:
    DJrmb wrote:Could have said the same thing about Pete when he was hired. As a matter of fact a lot here said he was just running from the USC investigations/sanctions as did the media. I'm not telling you or anyone else what to do or think, but if you learn anything from recent history it would say not to go with the popular opinion when it comes to this team...

Pete had one really bad season to start his head coaching career. Then, he led the Patriots to a division title one year, and made the playoffs the following year. His last season with the Patriots the next year was 8-8.
    Then Pete went to USC, succeeded, came back, succeeded with the Hawks. He got lucky with Russell Wilson, but without him I still believes he leads us to a few division titles. He was also revered as a really good CB coach

So at the very least, Pete showed SOME glimmer of success. I don't think it's fair to say people are being unfair to Schotty. To believe in him you need blind faith. I will say, looking back at some his games he really did call some good games. I think of the Jets-Lions overtime game, or the Jets-Chargers playoff game. Both were pretty well called by Schotty. He's had some really good wins. I think Pete is betting that not only has Schotty grown, but Russell Wilson will be the most consistent QB he's ever had

Most consistent QB BS has ever had, I totally agree. Give the guy a chance, I think he is just possibly the one thing the Hawks need. Someone that believes to the core of his being in ball control offense, mean motor scooters on the O line, and keep the QB clean.
    jeremiah
    NET Practice Squad

• Scorpion05 wrote:
    DJrmb wrote:
    getnasty wrote:
    DJrmb wrote:Could have said the same thing about Pete when he was hired. As a matter of fact a lot here said he was just running from the USC investigations/sanctions as did the media. I'm not telling you or anyone else what to do or think, but if you learn anything from recent history it would say not to go with the popular opinion when it comes to this team...

Pete Carroll was also a really effective defensive coordinator in the NFL, as well as a revered DB coach. Carroll at least had a history of success in the NFL, and in the NCAA he also built one of the strongest college programs. In the NFL he was around a .500 coach before he came to the Seahawks.

My thoughts are as follows, I think Pete just wants somebody that won't question his strategy. Schottenheimer is a tow the line kind of guy. He will stick with the plan for better or for worse, and won't deviate. Unfortunately for us, Carroll is utterly bankrupt when it comes to offensive vision. His idea of an ideal offense is hilariously outdated in today's NFL. I'm not talking about the run first, smash mouth style either. The passing game part of the equation is what worries me about his views. He has said he favors a smashmouth, big play style offense, which runs contrary to the ball control values he preaches. Under Bevell, and even Bates there was too much emphasis on the deep ball, all other areas of the passing game seemed secondary. This leads to big flash plays, but also leads to inconsistent feast or famine offenses.

The hiring of Schottenheimer just reinforced the idea that Carroll doesn't have a clue about offenses. Great defensive mind, awful on offense. He see's them as garnish to his defense, if he doesn't fix this view it could be his last year here as coach. Unfortunately, he just hired a human joystick in Schottenheimer with a track record of proven failure. Even his most recent coaching stint with the UG Bulldogs was an awful, and truly dreadful stint. The offense immediately dropped like a rock in rankings for the Bulldogs. Immediately after he was fired the offense had significant improvement. I don't buy "but he had mediocre QB's!" argument one bit. In fact his offense is a hindrance to young QB's. We essentially went out and got an even worse version of Bevell. The aspects that Schottenheimer struggle with are the same exact area's Bevell did, but let me tell you they are far more pronounced in Schottenheimer than they were with Bevell.

For example, he has the tendency to attack the strengths of teams, or try to utilize players in roles, or sets they are clearly not fit for to catch teams off guard. He does this with an even greater frequency than Bevell did. He also tends to not focus on in game adjustments so much. If his initial game plan fails he will stubbornly stick with it. We criticized Bevell/Pete for not making adjustments until halftime, this guy doesn't even do that. The plan is a whole game execution. His play calling is not fluid, and is lacking in situational awareness. Walters bashing of Schottenheimer is well deserved, with plenty of instances of failure to support his claims. This is the one hiring that I was hoping, and praying we wouldn't make.
    Spin Doctor
    NET Veteran

• [quote="Trrrroy"][quote="ivotuk"]Is this the same site that"gave Seattle my worst draft grade ever!"?

You're quoting them? :34853_doh:[/quote]

So in summary he gave one of the best drafts in NFL history an F, one of the best trades in history an F, and one of the best coaching hires in history an F. If anything his hatred of this hire is a good omen.[/quote]
    Ditto that, what he said. Your post makes more sence than anything else I've read on this matter to date.
    The 12th man, is the true heart and soul of the Seahawks. As goes the 12th man, so go the Seahawks. Change is Inevitable. Seahawk 12th Man for Life.
    pacific101
    NET Starter

It is currently Mon May 21, 2018 1:19 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information