Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

DC Candidates

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
DC Candidates
Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:25 pm
  • All the of talk about the open OC job after Bevell and Cable fired.

Where is our speculation about DC candidates?
    Wenhawk
    .NET Owner

Re: DC Canidates
Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:32 pm
  • Del Rio
    seabowl
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:32 pm
  • seabowl wrote:Del Rio

Would enjoy this.
    WilliamCooper wrote:I'd take Ryan Fitzpatrick over Wilson. I’m not even joking.

2016/2017 Adopt-A-Rookie: CJ Prosise, Quill Griffin
    2016/2017 Adopt-A-UDFA: Lene Maiava, Jordan Roos
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:44 pm
  • Seems like there isn't as much of a push for this since Richard is still here, they may have the next candidate on staff or waiting for coach still in the playoffs ?

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:49 pm
  • If Quinn said no to Sark, he'll say no to Manuel as well.
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:14 pm
  • I believe they would look within the org for a DC replacement. Most likely the candidates would be Clint Hurtt or Michael Barrow. Pete heads the defense so there won’t be too much of a change there.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:44 pm
  • I'm personally hoping Kris Richard.

Benefits from every "but personnel!" argument that people are raising for Brian Schottenheimer, actually produced good defenses.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:09 pm
  • I'm not as anxious to switch DC's as others. The grass isn't always greener

Unless Dan Quinn walks through that door, I'm nervous about any replacement. We know what we get with Richards
    Scorpion05
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:39 pm
  • seabowl wrote:Del Rio

Why? Didn't we absolutely destroy him in Super Bowl 48? His Defense was bad in Denver and Oakland.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    * NET Moderator *

Re: DC Candidates
Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:49 pm
  • Unless Richard gets a HC offer, or at the very least a very desirable DC/AHC offer, I'd like him to stay as DC.

Not sure why everyone ignores personnel issues when evaluating him. LOB aside, the Hawks defense was in big trouble the minute they lost Cliff Avril.
    A-Dog
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:54 pm
  • A-Dog wrote:Not sure why everyone ignores personnel issues when evaluating him. LOB aside, the Hawks defense was in big trouble the minute they lost Cliff Avril.

Because the unit was underachieving before Avril went down. And they underachieved last year too.

Bad on 3rd down, bad at closing out games, lack of QB pressure (again, before Avril went down too). You should be able to still generate pressure when 1 Defensive lineman goes down. Bennett, Sheldon Richardson, Reed, Clark should be enough to make some noise if you scheme it right.
    HawkFan72
    * NET Moderator *

Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:15 pm
  • :stirthepot:
    HawkFan72 wrote:
    A-Dog wrote:Not sure why everyone ignores personnel issues when evaluating him. LOB aside, the Hawks defense was in big trouble the minute they lost Cliff Avril.

Because the unit was underachieving before Avril went down. And they underachieved last year too.

Bad on 3rd down, bad at closing out games, lack of QB pressure (again, before Avril went down too). You should be able to still generate pressure when 1 Defensive lineman goes down. Bennett, Sheldon Richardson, Reed, Clark should be enough to make some noise if you scheme it right.

Hmm... 3rd in the NFL in scoring defense in 2016 despite an offense in the bottom third of the league in both TOP and 1st Downs, as well as having to play without Earl Thomas for a large chunk of the season, something no other DC under Carroll had to do. I don't know if I'd call that underachieving.
    A-Dog
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:31 pm
  • A-Dog wrote::stirthepot:
    HawkFan72 wrote:
    A-Dog wrote:Not sure why everyone ignores personnel issues when evaluating him. LOB aside, the Hawks defense was in big trouble the minute they lost Cliff Avril.

Hmm... 3rd in the NFL in scoring defense in 2016 despite an offense in the bottom third of the league in both TOP and 1st Downs, as well as having to play without Earl Thomas for a large chunk of the season, something no other DC under Carroll had to do. I don't know if I'd call that underachieving.

They were incredibly inconsistent. There were many posts on here during the season about how the D wasn't playing as well as we expected. The final ranking is good, but that doesn't help when your Defense is inconsistent from game to game, and that inconsistency is costing you games in the process.
    HawkFan72
    * NET Moderator *

Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:34 pm
  • Ken Norton???
    Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    TheLegendOfBoom
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:44 pm
  • Richard is still the DC. He has not been officially fired.
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *

Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:30 pm
  • A-Dog wrote::stirthepot:
    HawkFan72 wrote:

You have a point when it comes to the Dline. Look at the names on that line, even without Avril. There should be more QB pressure. Can the Dline coach be to blame?
    Send Lawyers, Guns and Money!
    GO 'HAWKS!!
    WmHBonney
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:36 pm
  • WmHBonney wrote:
    A-Dog wrote::stirthepot:
    HawkFan72 wrote:

You have a point when it comes to the Dline. Look at the names on that line, even without Avril. There should be more QB pressure. Can the Dline coach be to blame?

How about playing safe and gap control versus a push many times. Richard plays the safe defense why his 3rd down deep zone is so frustrating.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:41 pm
  • HawkFan72 wrote:
    seabowl wrote:Del Rio

Why? Didn't we absolutely destroy him in Super Bowl 48? His Defense was bad in Denver and Oakland.

Is it fair to use one game as an argument against a guy as a DC? I'm not even sure if Del Rio was that good, full disclosure. I know they were missing at least Chris Harris and Von Miller in the SB, two all-pro guys, which is a huge deal.

Ken Norton was hired by the 49ers.

The defense did problems this year, especially on 3rd down. I believe we were also the worst in the league at 3rd and 10+ defense, which is baffling. The DL was a huge disappointment too. If you saw the Steelers game today, they played about as poorly on the DL as our guys did against Jacksonville earlier in the year. Almost zero pressure the entire game and weak against the run.

Our run defense also fell off a cliff from 3.4 ypc allowed last year to 4.0 ypc allowed this year. That's terrible. Keep in mind that KJ missed one game and Wagner was limited in one game. We did lose Kam, and that definitely hurt us, even though we gave up big rushing performances to SF and TEN when Kam was healthy.

Not sure if we should switch out Richard, but the D definitely could do better. I did really like Richard's slot blitzes.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:44 pm
  • adeltaY wrote:
    HawkFan72 wrote:
    seabowl wrote:Del Rio

Is it fair to use one game as an argument against a guy as a DC? I'm not even sure if Del Rio was that good, full disclosure. I know they were missing at least Chris Harris and Von Miller in the SB, two all-pro guys, which is a huge deal.

Ken Norton was hired by the 49ers.

The defense did problems this year, especially on 3rd down. I believe we were also the worst in the league at 3rd and 10+ defense, which is baffling. The DL was a huge disappointment too. If you saw the Steelers game today, they played about as poorly on the DL as our guys did against Jacksonville earlier in the year. Almost zero pressure the entire game and weak against the run.

Our run defense also fell off a cliff from 3.4 ypc allowed last year to 4.0 ypc allowed this year. That's terrible. Keep in mind that KJ missed one game and Wagner was limited in one game. We did lose Kam, and that definitely hurt us, even though we gave up big rushing performances to SF and TEN when Kam was healthy.

Not sure if we should switch out Richard, but the D definitely could do better. I did really like Richard's slot blitzes.

Good move by the Niners.

Garropolo will shred Seattle next season.

I see the Niners winning (at least) 10 games next season.
    Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    TheLegendOfBoom
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:15 am
  • No to Del Rio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    dopeboy206
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:23 am
  • Gill Byrd from Buffalo would be interesting.

Perry Fewell (Jags)

Ohio State has a graduate assistant that would be great to step into a LB or DB coaching role too Randall Joyner

Mike Tressel from Michigan State
    2018 Adopt a Rookie: Rashaad Penny

Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:19 am
  • Would love to have Manuel come back to be dc/ assistant hesd coach one of unsung heroes as a player in 05 then a great assist during the superbowl seasons of 13 and 14.
    StaffAmerica74
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:23 am
  • What about Nick Caley from New England? He was a defensive coach/grad assistant for 10 years leading up to his two years with New England as Offensive Assistant/TE Coach. He might be able to apply that insight to the defensive side of the ball and expose some flaws in NE.
    2018 Adopt a Rookie: Rashaad Penny

Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:12 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information