Clay McGuire OL?

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
What do you think would happen if Schotty and PC decide to lure Clay McGuire as OL coach away from the Mike Leech's Air Raid and go full on Air Coryell offense?

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":y8wcnio0 said:
What do you think would happen if Schotty and PC decide to lure Clay McGuire as OL coach away from the Mike Leech's Air Raid and go full on Air Coryell offense?

Personally, I'm going to say No. I'd rather not. With the state of offensive lines throughout College Football being ridiculously poor in general, I'd personally rather go with someone who has a strong NFL pedigree.

Listening to Ray Roberts validated everything that I'd been seeing for some time ... and what he said about Ifedi made real sense. This team NEEDS someone who will bring that Howard Mudd approach to the offensive line. It needs someone who will be teaching this guys to FIRE off the ball and ATTACK the defense (not sit back and let the defense dictate to them). I know those guys who teach that are becoming fewer and far between. Part of me was kind of like, "Hey Ray, what do you think? Think you could come on in and help teach these guys a few things?"

Those are my thoughts on the matter.

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":muanf658 said:
Would not happen. Both OUR HC and new OC are run focused and would have no interest in a pass happy O.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
LudwigsDrummer":vrnyz2xk said:
Sox-n-Hawks":vrnyz2xk said:
Would not happen. Both OUR HC and new OC are run focused and would have no interest in a pass happy O.

Our new Oc has been with run oriented head coaches but he comes from the air coryell tree.