Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Clay McGuire OL?

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Clay McGuire OL?
Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:06 am
  • What do you think would happen if Schotty and PC decide to lure Clay McGuire as OL coach away from the Mike Leech's Air Raid and go full on Air Coryell offense?
    2018 Adopt a Rookie: Rashaad Penny

Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

Re: Clay McGuire OL?
Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:48 am
  • Sox-n-Hawks wrote:What do you think would happen if Schotty and PC decide to lure Clay McGuire as OL coach away from the Mike Leech's Air Raid and go full on Air Coryell offense?

Personally, I'm going to say No. I'd rather not. With the state of offensive lines throughout College Football being ridiculously poor in general, I'd personally rather go with someone who has a strong NFL pedigree.

Listening to Ray Roberts validated everything that I'd been seeing for some time ... and what he said about Ifedi made real sense. This team NEEDS someone who will bring that Howard Mudd approach to the offensive line. It needs someone who will be teaching this guys to FIRE off the ball and ATTACK the defense (not sit back and let the defense dictate to them). I know those guys who teach that are becoming fewer and far between. Part of me was kind of like, "Hey Ray, what do you think? Think you could come on in and help teach these guys a few things?"

Those are my thoughts on the matter.
    Hawkscanner
    * NET Sage *

Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:34 am
  • Sox-n-Hawks wrote:What do you think would happen if Schotty and PC decide to lure Clay McGuire as OL coach away from the Mike Leech's Air Raid and go full on Air Coryell offense?

Would not happen. Both OUR HC and new OC are run focused and would have no interest in a pass happy O.
    LudwigsDrummer
    US Navy Air VP 56 `74-`78

Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:02 am
  • LudwigsDrummer wrote:
    Sox-n-Hawks wrote:What do you think would happen if Schotty and PC decide to lure Clay McGuire as OL coach away from the Mike Leech's Air Raid and go full on Air Coryell offense?

Would not happen. Both OUR HC and new OC are run focused and would have no interest in a pass happy O.

Our new Oc has been with run oriented head coaches but he comes from the air coryell tree.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:26 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information