Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Seahawks May Embrace College Style Offense

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13

• Yeah I read that article earlier on. Sounds intriguing.
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• The crux of that article is patently absurd, with Florio's customary nebulous citing of "talk in league circles." There's no way the Hawks are going to play with fire and move to a college offense that entails Russell Wilson intentionally running the ball MORE. That would guarantee a drastically shortened shelf life for RW, and would be tantamount to a puppy on the side of a highway. The Hawks want and need RW to take less of a beating, not more of one.
    NorthDallas40oz
    NET Veteran

• NorthDallas40oz wrote:The crux of that article is patently absurd, with Florio's customary nebulous citing of "talk in league circles." There's no way the Hawks are going to play with fire and move to a college offense that entails Russell Wilson intentionally running the ball MORE. That would guarantee a drastically shortened shelf life for RW, and would be tantamount to a puppy on the side of a highway. The Hawks want and need RW to take less of a beating, not more of one.

The only hard hits I've ever seen Wilson taken are in the pocket or when he's scrambling around escaping pressure. When he's running to get yards it's always out of bounds or a slide, rarely ever is he hit. He's not RGIII. Honestly with this line he's safer on a designed run than waiting for a deep route to develop.
    I hate Tim Ruskell.
    Trrrroy
    NET Veteran

• I think that the kind of "college style" offense they're looking for has a good chance to embrace additional spread offense concepts to take pressure off of the offensive line and open up some opportunities in the rushing attack.

Pete Carroll wants to run the ball. Maybe he is looking for someone to execute a Wisconsiny "manball" offense with emphasis on fullback, tight ends, and a smashmouth attitude?

We shall see.
    2016/2017 Adopt-A-Rookie: CJ Prosise, Quill Griffin
    2016/2017 Adopt-A-UDFA: Lene Maiava, Jordan Roos
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

• When I saw what Houston was doing against the Hawks I could envision RW doing well in something akin to that. If that's a college offense then so be it, but what I saw was a pro offense with college influences.
    TreeRon
    NET Rookie

• So does this mean we'll see more Legit Galilean Transformations?
    Palmegranite
    NET Starter

• Trrrroy wrote:
    NorthDallas40oz wrote:The crux of that article is patently absurd, with Florio's customary nebulous citing of "talk in league circles." There's no way the Hawks are going to play with fire and move to a college offense that entails Russell Wilson intentionally running the ball MORE. That would guarantee a drastically shortened shelf life for RW, and would be tantamount to a puppy on the side of a highway. The Hawks want and need RW to take less of a beating, not more of one.

The only hard hits I've ever seen Wilson taken are in the pocket or when he's scrambling around escaping pressure. When he's running to get yards it's always out of bounds or a slide, rarely ever is he hit. He's not RGIII. Honestly with this line he's safer on a designed run than waiting for a deep route to develop.

BINGO! Money post! :2thumbs:
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• this isn't going to happen.
    "God Bless Russell Wilson"
    Chukarhawk
    NET Veteran

• I would like to see how Russ does in a West coast offense to force the ball out quicker and use those short routes to supplement the run. He currently looks for the deep pass by design... it is likely his first read in Bevell's offense.
    Given what we've seen this year Russ could possibly be better if he mastered the west coast offense. The ball gets out sooner and their should be less stress on the line.

Case Keenum who was an air raid qb in college made great strides in Shurmurs west coast offense in Minny.
    Russ Willstrong
    NET Veteran

• NorthDallas40oz wrote:The crux of that article is patently absurd, with Florio's customary nebulous citing of "talk in league circles." There's no way the Hawks are going to play with fire and move to a college offense that entails Russell Wilson intentionally running the ball MORE. That would guarantee a drastically shortened shelf life for RW, and would be tantamount to a puppy on the side of a highway. The Hawks want and need RW to take less of a beating, not more of one.

Huh?

Russell’s best option in protecting himself has been running the ball.

A shortened shelf life is him getting pounded in the pocket from piss poor protection; not escaping the pocket and running to safety.
    Gibbo
    NET Practice Squad

• Personally, I'd like to see us embrace a splitback option style offense. Put Carson and Davis or Rawls or any combination of decent backs that can run, block and catch in with a QB like Wilson and you can do an ininite amount of things. Fake handoffs, Misdirection, use a back as a lead blocker, pass protection, receivers out of the backfield. You can go big with TEs tight or pro and pound the ball, spread the offense out with 3 receiver sets, create mismatches with personnel and spacing to air it out. You can space the backs tight or spaced to give the backfield different looks. I want an offensive coordinator that will install that kind of offense. That's when the pro style college option offense, pro option college style offense or whatever style they want to call it will become real. It would be a magical houdini style offense that's perfectly built for a magically mobile QB to run.
    firebee
    NET Veteran

• Palmegranite wrote:So does this mean we'll see more Legit Galilean Transformations?

Hire a rugby coach for OC. Would be great entertainment execpt for that ball ssecurity part.
    cymatica
    NET Veteran

• Chukarhawk wrote:this isn't going to happen.

It just might, if they decide to hire someone like DeFilippo.

How can you be so sure about this, and post something so matter-of-fact?
    RockinHawks
    NET Veteran

• TreeRon wrote:When I saw what Houston was doing against the Hawks I could envision RW doing well in something akin to that. If that's a college offense then so be it, but what I saw was a pro offense with college influences.

Yesss. I loved what BoB was going with Watson and it was on full display against us. I want our offense to incorporate those concepts.

The play where they did the fake hand-off to fake flat to deep TD was awesome.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

• If this wasn't something that this board wanted, people would be laughing at Florio and his "talk in league circles".

But because people want change, Florio will get credit this time. Funny how things work.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• Yes, please!!! This team needs a running game and RW scrambling often to weaken the defense up.
    northseahawk
    NET Veteran

• Pete will never run a spread offense. He wants to be physical and run the ball. You should all know that by now.
    sedrohawk
    NET Rookie

• Brian Schottenheimer is a Pro-Style offense guy, who strives for an equally strong run and pass game. He uses a lot of different personnel groupings, moving guys in and out with play designed to enhance the strengths of particular players.

Maybe we can get a real fullback, again.
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

• hawknation2018 wrote:Brian Schottenheimer is a Pro-Style offense guy, who strives for an equally strong run and pass game. He uses a lot of different personnel groupings, moving guys in and out with play designed to enhance the strengths of particular players.

Maybe we can get a real fullback, again.

I don't really know much about BrianS (BS just doesn't sound right...), but if what you say is true, then I'm hopeful we may have more success.
    NET Veteran

• MontanaHawk05 wrote:If this wasn't something that this board wanted, people would be laughing at Florio and his "talk in league circles".

But because people want change, Florio will get credit this time. Funny how things work.

It really doesn't matter that it was florio who said it. I think if people agree with the concept, they'll agree with the concept. My impression of Florio is he's kind of a prick and he loves to drum up drama about our locker room in particular. Doesn't affect perception of his point about changing the offense, though.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

• adeltaY wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:If this wasn't something that this board wanted, people would be laughing at Florio and his "talk in league circles".

It really doesn't matter that it was florio who said it. I think if people agree with the concept, they'll agree with the concept. My impression of Florio is he's kind of a prick and he loves to drum up drama about our locker room in particular. Doesn't affect perception of his point about changing the offense, though.

I think Florio is probably trolling us because he or his "source" knew we had offered Brian Schottenheimer, a Pro-Style coach.
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

• Well, that was short lived.
    Coug_Hawk08
    NET Veteran

• Florio hates us, and being able to say College style offense he can't be wrong, USC's offense is college yet is a pro concept, what Pete ran there, I can see a change in the line blocking scheme and a better utilization of individual players talents as well as adding a FB to the equation, but a Run and Shoot offense, no.

They could go K gun however which is a bit more wide open but still have Pro Concepts. Worked good for the Bills for a long time with Jim Kelly.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• RockinHawks wrote:
    Chukarhawk wrote:this isn't going to happen.

It just might, if they decide to hire someone like DeFilippo.

How can you be so sure about this, and post something so matter-of-fact?

Because college spread offenses don't work in the pros. Ever. That and my predictions are nearly always true.
    "God Bless Russell Wilson"
    Chukarhawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:29 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information