Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Ifedi on Cable

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Ifedi on Cable
Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:19 am
  • With this tweet from Ifedi, I'd say Cable took his anger management too far. The man who cost our team more penalties than some offensive lines combined should not like the man who's supposed to hold him accountable for those failures.

    2018 Adopt a Rookie: Rashaad Penny

    Image
    User avatar
    Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1568
    Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:26 am


Re: Ifedi on Cable
Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:23 am
  • I did wonder what his tweet said, he has me blocked.
    www.hawk-talk.com

    Image

    Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    User avatar
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 3041
    Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:55 am


Re: Ifedi on Cable
Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:28 am
  • original poster wrote:I did wonder what his tweet said, he has me blocked.


    I bet there's a great story behind that!
    2018 Adopt a Rookie: Rashaad Penny

    Image
    User avatar
    Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1568
    Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:26 am


Re: Ifedi on Cable
Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:39 am
  • Sox-n-Hawks wrote:
    original poster wrote:I did wonder what his tweet said, he has me blocked.


    I bet there's a great story behind that!


    Haha no there isn't unfortunately! I only noticed when George Fant shared the above tweet but I couldn't see it.

    To my knowledge I've never even mentioned Germain on there :shock:
    www.hawk-talk.com

    Image

    Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    User avatar
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 3041
    Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:55 am


Re: Ifedi on Cable
Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:52 am
  • original poster wrote:
    Sox-n-Hawks wrote:
    original poster wrote:I did wonder what his tweet said, he has me blocked.


    I bet there's a great story behind that!


    Haha no there isn't unfortunately! I only noticed when George Fant shared the above tweet but I couldn't see it.

    To my knowledge I've never even mentioned Germain on there :shock:


    I'm glad that Texas A&M education taught him proper punctuation.
    2018 Adopt a Rookie: Rashaad Penny

    Image
    User avatar
    Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1568
    Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:26 am


Re: Ifedi on Cable
Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:25 am
  • original poster wrote:I did wonder what his tweet said, he has me blocked.


    ....I'm glad to see he can block someone.
    InadvertentSmell
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 25
    Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:01 am


Re: Ifedi on Cable
Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:31 am
  • InadvertentSmell wrote:
    original poster wrote:I did wonder what his tweet said, he has me blocked.


    ....I'm glad to see he can block someone.


    Thread winner right there!!!
    2018 Adopt a Rookie: Rashaad Penny

    Image
    User avatar
    Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1568
    Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:26 am


Re: Ifedi on Cable
Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:43 am
  • A LOT of current and ex players are tweeting about Cable.

    The irony is our current players like Ifedi are a big reason Cable got fired, they stunk.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 13566
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: Ifedi on Cable
Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:51 am
  • InadvertentSmell wrote:
    original poster wrote:I did wonder what his tweet said, he has me blocked.


    ....I'm glad to see he can block someone.


    Fantastic!
    www.hawk-talk.com

    Image

    Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    User avatar
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 3041
    Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:55 am


Re: Ifedi on Cable
Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:54 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:A LOT of current and ex players are tweeting about Cable.

    The irony is our current players like Ifedi are a big reason Cable got fired, they stunk.


    Exactly. Ifedi should be tweeting....

    Sorry Tom :oops:
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4382
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


Re: Ifedi on Cable
Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:55 am
  • It's sort of funny the players we have that suck, offensive linemen mostly, are standing up for Cable. Maybe it's because they know the new offensive line coach is going to see right through them and they'll need a job wherever Cable ends up?
    SpokaneHawks
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 251
    Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:55 am


Re: Ifedi on Cable
Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:57 am
  • Ifedi was the last nail in Toms coffin as far as I'm concerned.

    Guess i should thank him if I get the chance.
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4382
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


Re: Ifedi on Cable
Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:06 am
  • Seymour wrote:Ifedi was the last nail in Toms coffin as far as I'm concerned.

    Guess i should thank him if I get the chance.


    I would but, you know...
    www.hawk-talk.com

    Image

    Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    User avatar
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 3041
    Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:55 am


Re: Ifedi on Cable
Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:16 am
  • Seymour wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:A LOT of current and ex players are tweeting about Cable.

    The irony is our current players like Ifedi are a big reason Cable got fired, they stunk.


    Exactly. Ifedi should be tweeting....

    Sorry Tom :oops:


    My guess is all these guys do feel bad, I get it. It's not Ifedi's fault though that we overreached on drafting him, and then developed him poorly and put in him at a position he was doomed to fail at.

    THAT is why Cable was fired. The players can take all the blame they want, but when you have the highest number of O-lineman drafted and worst development into viable starters, AND the #32 running back stats in the entire league this year? Time to go Cable.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 13566
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: Ifedi on Cable
Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:17 am
  • InadvertentSmell wrote:
    original poster wrote:I did wonder what his tweet said, he has me blocked.


    ....I'm glad to see he can block someone.


    This made me literally laugh out loud.
    Image
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    User avatar
    HawkFan72
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 16315
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:50 am
    Location: Antioch, CA


Re: Ifedi on Cable
Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:25 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:A LOT of current and ex players are tweeting about Cable.

    The irony is our current players like Ifedi are a big reason Cable got fired, they stunk.


    Exactly. Ifedi should be tweeting....

    Sorry Tom :oops:


    My guess is all these guys do feel bad, I get it. It's not Ifedi's fault though that we overreached on drafting him, and then developed him poorly and put in him at a position he was doomed to fail at.

    THAT is why Cable was fired. The players can take all the blame they want, but when you have the highest number of O-lineman drafted and worst development into viable starters, AND the #32 running back stats in the entire league this year? Time to go Cable.


    I'd go much easier on Ifedi except for the completely dumb ass penalties again and again. Just another way to kill another drive and put the D out again to wear them down.

    That is 100% on Ifedi and Cable both (Cable for leaving him on the outside). He lead the damn league on a team that was also league worst in penalties. Those are not the kind of leaders we are looking for.
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4382
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


Re: Ifedi on Cable
Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:27 am
  • What does it mean if a coach is loved, but doesn't help players get better (in most cases).
    Image

    "We all we got, we all we need"
    User avatar
    lukerguy
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2013
    Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:00 pm


Re: Ifedi on Cable
Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:29 am
  • lukerguy wrote:What does it mean if a coach is loved, but doesn't help players get better (in most cases).


    Stockholm Syndrome.
    User avatar
    Seahawk_Dan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 504
    Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:12 am
    Location: Bremerton, WA


Re: Ifedi on Cable
Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:36 am
  • InadvertentSmell wrote:
    original poster wrote:I did wonder what his tweet said, he has me blocked.


    ....I'm glad to see he can block someone.



    OHH SNAP lol
    Brett
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 353
    Joined: Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:14 pm


Re: Ifedi on Cable
Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:46 am
  • Ironically, Ifedi’s only chance to succeed in the NFL is getting with a competent OL coach and not Cable
    User avatar
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3281
    Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:53 am


Re: Ifedi on Cable
Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:15 am
  • Come on, guys. He's not even expressing displeasure at the news. He's just showing gratitude to Cable, who likely stuck his neck out for him for him to even be selected and invested a lot of time in his development and growth.

    It's a gracious tweet and I was happy to read it.
    Image
    2016/2017 Adopt-A-Rookie: CJ Prosise, Quill Griffin
    2016/2017 Adopt-A-UDFA: Lene Maiava, Jordan Roos
    User avatar
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2576
    Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:38 pm
    Location: Delaware


Re: Ifedi on Cable
Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:23 am
  • "Tom is the man. Thankyou for committing to help me grow."

    He thanked him for committing to help him grow, not for actually doing it. (kidding)
    The LOLs of the many outweigh the shame of the few
    User avatar
    Msfann
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1903
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:37 am


Re: Ifedi on Cable
Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:39 am
  • Ifedi's style of play reminds me of a Lazy Susan on a dining room table.
    User avatar
    HoldYourHawk
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 203
    Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:38 pm
    Location: Centurylink Field


Re: Ifedi on Cable
Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:39 am
  • InadvertentSmell wrote:
    original poster wrote:I did wonder what his tweet said, he has me blocked.


    ....I'm glad to see he can block someone.


    Haha, God damn nice one :mrgreen:
    kmeleon
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 164
    Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:10 am


Re: Ifedi on Cable
Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:50 am
  • InadvertentSmell wrote:
    original poster wrote:I did wonder what his tweet said, he has me blocked.


    ....I'm glad to see he can block someone.


    Wow. This is short and sweet and one of the best posts I have seen in here in a very long time! A-W-E-S-O-M-E
    Send Lawyers, Guns and Money!
    GO 'HAWKS!!
    User avatar
    WmHBonney
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1511
    Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:11 pm


Re: Ifedi on Cable
Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:50 am
  • HoldYourHawk wrote:Ifedi's style of play reminds me of a Lazy Susan on a dining room table.


    Ifedi's actually a beast, tall, long and crazy reach and strength.

    His problem even going back to college is his technique, just HORRIBLE habits with posture, footwork and hand technique. Which was Cable's job to fix all that, and he failed Ifedi miserably.

    Not good guard material either, usually you want those guys a little shorter and lower half stronger to deal with DT's. So not sure what to do with Ifedi, other than make him a permanent backup.

    One thing I do know, he can't be the starting LT next year..............unless the new line coach can come in here and work a miracle.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 13566
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: Ifedi on Cable
Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:54 am
  • InadvertentSmell wrote:
    original poster wrote:I did wonder what his tweet said, he has me blocked.


    ....I'm glad to see he can block someone.


    This is the funniest player post I've read here in years.

    :2thumbs:
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4912
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:13 pm


Re: Ifedi on Cable
Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:10 am
  • HawkFan72 wrote:
    InadvertentSmell wrote:
    original poster wrote:I did wonder what his tweet said, he has me blocked.


    ....I'm glad to see he can block someone.


    This made me literally laugh out loud.


    x2. Thanks for the laugh.
    User avatar
    DangerousDoug
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 177
    Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:53 pm


Re: Ifedi on Cable
Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:13 am
  • InadvertentSmell wrote:
    original poster wrote:I did wonder what his tweet said, he has me blocked.


    ....I'm glad to see he can block someone.



    LMAO

    Anyway to the thread topic, anyone who read the Dion Jordan SI article should be able to figure this out. Cable is a father figure like, hands on guy that players love. Does that mean he's great at his job? Nope, it does matter in terms of team unity and chemistry however, which is important.
    User avatar
    Scorpion05
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 600
    Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:05 am


Re: Ifedi on Cable
Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:17 am
  • Sox-n-Hawks wrote:With this tweet from Ifedi, I'd say Cable took his anger management too far. The man who cost our team more penalties than some offensive lines combined should not like the man who's supposed to hold him accountable for those failures.



    That's actually another false start from Germain. He meant-

    "Tom is the man. Thank you for committing to help me grow... a dank batch of Northern Lights."
    User avatar
    Danny Darko
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 403
    Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:45 pm


Re: Ifedi on Cable
Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:33 am
  • Rather have a coach players hate but makes them better than a coach who players love who lets them be lazy and suck
    red grenadine
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 321
    Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:51 pm


Re: Ifedi on Cable
Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:39 am
  • red grenadine wrote:Rather have a coach players hate but makes them better than a coach who players love who lets them be lazy and suck


    Cable's an old school hard ass, dude once punched his assistant the hell out in Oakland. So being hated probably wasn't his problem.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 13566
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: Ifedi on Cable
Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:13 pm
  • InadvertentSmell wrote:
    original poster wrote:I did wonder what his tweet said, he has me blocked.


    ....I'm glad to see he can block someone.


    Dang... not even halfway through January and the Post of the Year award has already been claimed
    Fire Tom Cable

    Did Chip Kelly assume roster management duties for the Seahawks this year? I must have missed the announcement.
    User avatar
    bigskydoc
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2217
    Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:27 am
    Location: Kalispell, MT


Re: Ifedi on Cable
Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:15 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    HoldYourHawk wrote:Ifedi's style of play reminds me of a Lazy Susan on a dining room table.


    Ifedi's actually a beast, tall, long and crazy reach and strength.

    His problem even going back to college is his technique, just HORRIBLE habits with posture, footwork and hand technique. Which was Cable's job to fix all that, and he failed Ifedi miserably.

    Not good guard material either, usually you want those guys a little shorter and lower half stronger to deal with DT's. So not sure what to do with Ifedi, other than make him a permanent backup.

    One thing I do know, he can't be the starting LT next year..............unless the new line coach can come in here and work a miracle.

    OR maybe a decent POSITION Coach can help him break a couple of his bad habits + Ifedi wasn't the only Seahawks O-Lineman that needed Coaching up.
    By the way, wasn't Pete Carroll's son, Tom Cable's assistant?
    It would be a shame to see someone with Ifedi's physical tools get shit-canned over poor Coaching.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6557
    Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:48 pm


Re: Ifedi on Cable
Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:53 pm
  • scutterhawk wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    HoldYourHawk wrote:Ifedi's style of play reminds me of a Lazy Susan on a dining room table.


    Ifedi's actually a beast, tall, long and crazy reach and strength.

    His problem even going back to college is his technique, just HORRIBLE habits with posture, footwork and hand technique. Which was Cable's job to fix all that, and he failed Ifedi miserably.

    Not good guard material either, usually you want those guys a little shorter and lower half stronger to deal with DT's. So not sure what to do with Ifedi, other than make him a permanent backup.

    One thing I do know, he can't be the starting LT next year..............unless the new line coach can come in here and work a miracle.

    OR maybe a decent POSITION Coach can help him break a couple of his bad habits + Ifedi wasn't the only Seahawks O-Lineman that needed Coaching up.
    By the way, wasn't Pete Carroll's son, Tom Cable's assistant?
    It would be a shame to see someone with Ifedi's physical tools get shit-canned over poor Coaching.


    No it wasn't Carroll's son that got punched out, some guy named Randy Hanson............and like I said above, yes we hope our new line coach and work his magic on Ifedi, the measurables are definitely there.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 13566
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: Ifedi on Cable
Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:38 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:One thing I do know, he can't be the starting LT next year.

    Wash your mouth out with soap for even saying LT in a thread about Ifedi :shock:
    hawk45
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 8340
    Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:08 pm


Re: Ifedi on Cable
Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:47 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:No it wasn't Carroll's son that got punched out, some guy named Randy Hanson............and like I said above, yes we hope our new line coach and work his magic on Ifedi, the measurables are definitely there.


    Even I'll admit Ifedi's measurables were impressive for 2017.

    False Starts 9
    Holding 8
    Unnecessary Roughness 2
    Taunting 1

    :2thumbs:
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4382
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


Re: Ifedi on Cable
Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:51 pm
  • Seymour wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:No it wasn't Carroll's son that got punched out, some guy named Randy Hanson............and like I said above, yes we hope our new line coach and work his magic on Ifedi, the measurables are definitely there.


    Even I'll admit Ifedi's measurables were impressive for 2017.

    False Starts 9
    Holding 8
    Unnecessary Roughness 2
    Taunting 1

    :2thumbs:


    Hahahahaha love ya Seymour.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2020
    Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:22 pm
    Location: Portland, OR


Re: Ifedi on Cable
Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:50 pm
  • red grenadine wrote:Rather have a coach players hate but makes them better than a coach who players love who lets them be lazy and suck


    It never works that way. The modern day coach doesn't have to be a rah rah guy but they still have to want to play for you. Players have more power these days and if their talent is high enough will be more than willing to move on
    User avatar
    Scorpion05
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 600
    Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:05 am


Re: Ifedi on Cable
Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:51 pm
  • Whomever the next OL coach, please move Ifedi back to right guard. Listen to Walter Jones!
    User avatar
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 928
    Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:04 pm


Re: Ifedi on Cable
Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:04 pm
  • InadvertentSmell wrote:
    original poster wrote:I did wonder what his tweet said, he has me blocked.


    ....I'm glad to see he can block someone.


    Post of the year, so far. :lol: :irishdrinkers:
    User avatar
    The_Z_Man
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1861
    Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:57 pm
    Location: Tucson, AZ


Re: Ifedi on Cable
Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:07 pm
  • The_Z_Man wrote:
    InadvertentSmell wrote:
    original poster wrote:I did wonder what his tweet said, he has me blocked.


    ....I'm glad to see he can block someone.


    Post of the year, so far. :lol: :irishdrinkers:


    LOL, well done.
    User avatar
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 928
    Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:04 pm


Re: Ifedi on Cable
Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:01 pm
  • InadvertentSmell wrote:
    original poster wrote:I did wonder what his tweet said, he has me blocked.


    ....I'm glad to see he can block someone.


    Damn, that was good!
    semiahmoo
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1448
    Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:10 pm


Re: Ifedi on Cable
Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:12 pm
  • Sox-n-Hawks wrote:With this tweet from Ifedi, I'd say Cable took his anger management too far. The man who cost our team more penalties than some offensive lines combined should not like the man who's supposed to hold him accountable for those failures.



    if I was a jerk I would go on Twitter and tell everyone of our offensive lineman who are thanking Cable that they should be apologizing to the man. Their lack of ability to do anything competently is why he was fired. If I was one of them I'd seriously be working on my craft, because the next guy in didn't draft them and may not see what Cable saw in them.
    User avatar
    razor150
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2205
    Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:22 am


Re: Ifedi on Cable
Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:22 pm
  • razor150 wrote:
    Sox-n-Hawks wrote:With this tweet from Ifedi, I'd say Cable took his anger management too far. The man who cost our team more penalties than some offensive lines combined should not like the man who's supposed to hold him accountable for those failures.



    if I was a jerk I would go on Twitter and tell everyone of our offensive lineman who are thanking Cable that they should be apologizing to the man. Their lack of ability to do anything competently is why he was fired. If I was one of them I'd seriously be working on my craft, because the next guy in didn't draft them and may not see what Cable saw in them.


    Ray Roberts was on 710 today saying that Duane Brown got noticeably worse the longer he was with the Seahawks and under Cable's tutelage. He said it has to do with the technique he teaches that it basically opens them up to bull rushes and outside rushes.
    User avatar
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5317
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:04 pm


Re: Ifedi on Cable
Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:41 pm
  • Seanhawk wrote:
    razor150 wrote:
    Sox-n-Hawks wrote:With this tweet from Ifedi, I'd say Cable took his anger management too far. The man who cost our team more penalties than some offensive lines combined should not like the man who's supposed to hold him accountable for those failures.



    if I was a jerk I would go on Twitter and tell everyone of our offensive lineman who are thanking Cable that they should be apologizing to the man. Their lack of ability to do anything competently is why he was fired. If I was one of them I'd seriously be working on my craft, because the next guy in didn't draft them and may not see what Cable saw in them.


    Ray Roberts was on 710 today saying that Duane Brown got noticeably worse the longer he was with the Seahawks and under Cable's tutelage. He said it has to do with the technique he teaches that it basically opens them up to bull rushes and outside rushes.


    Interesting. If true it would explain why we constantly see our online getting blown up at the point of attack. I have also heard that some of Brown's troubles where due to the depth of Wilson's drawbacks.
    User avatar
    razor150
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2205
    Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:22 am


Re: Ifedi on Cable
Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:09 pm
  • He said it has to do with the technique he teaches that it basically opens them up to bull rushes and outside rushes.

    Sheesh so we need opposing linemen to use an inside move for our guys to block them effectively? (yeah the last couple of years have made me quite cynical about Cable's system)
    HawkRiderFan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 574
    Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:10 pm


Re: Ifedi on Cable
Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:39 am
  • Seanhawk wrote:
    razor150 wrote:
    Sox-n-Hawks wrote:With this tweet from Ifedi, I'd say Cable took his anger management too far. The man who cost our team more penalties than some offensive lines combined should not like the man who's supposed to hold him accountable for those failures.



    if I was a jerk I would go on Twitter and tell everyone of our offensive lineman who are thanking Cable that they should be apologizing to the man. Their lack of ability to do anything competently is why he was fired. If I was one of them I'd seriously be working on my craft, because the next guy in didn't draft them and may not see what Cable saw in them.


    Ray Roberts was on 710 today saying that Duane Brown got noticeably worse the longer he was with the Seahawks and under Cable's tutelage. He said it has to do with the technique he teaches that it basically opens them up to bull rushes and outside rushes.


    Funny how when someone is fired and gone the critics say what they really want instead of he is the greatest. Roberts is on all the time KJR as well as KIRO and this is one of the first negative remarks we have heard about his teaching and the BS concerning Cable.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 23952
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: Ifedi on Cable
Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:00 am
  • original poster wrote:I did wonder what his tweet said, he has me blocked.


    He just blocked me as well. Apparently he didn't like it when I responded to that tweet with:

    "Grow? Did you get fatter? Because you sure as hell didn't get any better as a football player."

    True story.
    "There is no delay of game. We did not let the team know we were scratching our balls"
    IBleedBlueAndGreen
    * NET Injury Guru *
     
    Posts: 2082
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:56 am
    Location: Poulsbo, WA


Re: Ifedi on Cable
Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:25 am
  • Hindsight is 20/20 but it really is beginning to sound like Cable's version of the zone blocking system with the cut blocks and unique technique has to be so technical and precise to work that it was just reliant on being too precise. Its really hard to say if he evolved at all over the time here, as the system was working early on, so don't know if he tried to change it to more cut blocks and different techniques after the veteran group left? Anyways, a simpler ZBS with more power man blocking principles may be better suited to this group of O-linemen skills.
    Frozenropers
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 816
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:47 am
    Location: Seattle, WA


Next


It is currently Sun May 20, 2018 4:27 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information
  • Who is online