Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Free Agent Targets?

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: Free Agent Targets?
Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:08 pm
  • Flucker played for Solari last year.
    "You don't always get to play playoff games at home, or conference championships at home, or superbowls at home. You have to have the mindset that you can play to your potential wherever you are." - Pete Carroll
    nwHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:19 pm
  • nwHawk wrote:Flucker played for Solari last year.

Not going to lie, I double looked!
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:28 pm
  • Moncrief makes sense given Schotty's familiarity with him (if he likes him that is). Cheap, young with great measurables - given Luck's injury history he hasn't really had an extended run with a good QB.

Taylor Gabriel should be an inexpensive field stretcher.
    De'Anthony Thomas seems under used with the emergence of Tyreek Hill.
    kobebryant
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:31 pm
  • Love Moncreif and he has tons of talent but he has a huge problem staying healthy. I'd rather pay him then Richardson though.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:25 pm
  • Moncrief would be a great get. If Jimmy leaves than Donte could replace him as the go-to red zone threat.
    BC-Hawk
    NET Starter

Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:02 pm
  • KiwiHawk wrote:
    PaVloVa!8 wrote:I would re sign Joeckel, Mcdougald,Richardson,Shead,Maxwell very cheap probably get cut if Sherman get back in shape. ..,I love ASJ replacing Graham ... and if we got money left Lee

I'd be sorely tempted to keep Maxwell even if Sherman comes right, and I'd be tempted to play a nickel set of Max/Griff/Sherm/Thomas/MacDougald because where the heck can you throw against that?

I wouldn't mind seeing what Sherman could do as almost a third safety, giving him free rein to be a general ball-hawk. He reads trends and anticipates plays. He is also quite good against the run and is a good tackler. Maxwell and Griffin are both good at coverage, but both (mostly Maxwell) allow receptions with 0 YAC since they are there for the tackle but don't get the ball. Having a roving Sherman could change that.

Yeah I'd like to see Max and McDougald back as well. They are good tacklers and their coverage skills are decent. I know many are down on Sherm's injury but to be honest he was still playing good football on a broken wheel. Now I could be wrong but even with a drop off I would think when he is fully recovered he could still play better than he was when he apparently knew his achilles was eventually going to pop.

Don't remember anyone saying, "what's wrong with Sherm, is he hurt or something". No he was having a better year than 2016 than when he get's hurt we start to hear he had already been playing on a bad tendon. Guy is a hall of famer and could eventually be moved to Safety like Charles Woodson and Rod Woodson did. Think he should be a Seahawk for life.
    "It's Ground Hawks Day" Chris Berman
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:40 pm
  • On my radar:

Gilliam
    DJ Fluker
    Senio Kelemete
    Clinton McDonald
    Isaiah Crowell
    Terrence West
    Alfred Morris

Retain McDougald, Maxwell.

I think Fluker may be on the way to Seattle. Think Robert Gallery: underperforming high pick to plug at guard and scare the shit out of the defense. Bully them. Get Solari a monster for our guy to run behind.
    2016/2017 Adopt-A-Rookie: CJ Prosise, Quill Griffin
    2016/2017 Adopt-A-UDFA: Lene Maiava, Jordan Roos
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:15 am
  • martevius bryant is young and hungry might have issues but man (if Prich is asking for $7m) woul be cheap too
    also one of marquise lee or josh gordon would do
    “Well, they’re going to have to stop all of us. You feel me. I’m a piece to it, but we’ve got some dogs.”
    Str8OuttaSkittles
    NET Starter

Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:47 am
  • Str8OuttaSkittles wrote:martevius bryant is young and hungry might have issues but man (if Prich is asking for $7m) woul be cheap too

Martavis has a year left on his deal. He is not a UFA.
    kobebryant
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:49 am
  • kobebryant wrote:
    Str8OuttaSkittles wrote:martevius bryant is young and hungry might have issues but man (if Prich is asking for $7m) woul be cheap too

yeah your right heard he wants out of steelers though
    “Well, they’re going to have to stop all of us. You feel me. I’m a piece to it, but we’ve got some dogs.”
    Str8OuttaSkittles
    NET Starter

Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:10 am
  • Str8OuttaSkittles wrote:
    kobebryant wrote:
    Str8OuttaSkittles wrote:martevius bryant is young and hungry might have issues but man (if Prich is asking for $7m) woul be cheap too

yeah your right heard he wants out of steelers though

Depends on the month.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:11 am
  • Fluker did not rate well last year and hasn't rated very well since his arrival in the NFL.

I do expect the Hawks to go outside the organization and find/sign a mauling LG. I think it is needed and should be a priority for the Organization.
    Frozenropers
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:17 am
  • Not sure if this has been mentioned anywhere:

"Meanwhile, Seferian-Jenkins has laid groundwork for a return to Seattle by hiring agent Doug Hendrickson, according to the New York Daily News' Manish Mehta. Hendrickson has become known as a Seahawks whisper of sorts. He paved the way for Michael Bennett and Marshawn Lynch's contract extensions with the team while representing them. He also represents Dion Jordan, as well."
    https://247sports.com/nfl/new-york-jets ... -113464140

Last edited by massari on Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    massari
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:45 am
  • massari wrote:Not sure if this has been mentioned anywhere:

"Meanwhile, Seferian-Jenkins has laid groundwork for a return to Seattle by hiring agent Doug Hendrickson, according to the New York Daily News' Manish Mehta. Hendrickson has become known as a Seahawks whisper of sorts. He paved the way for Michael Bennett and Marshawn Lynch's contract extensions with the team while representing them. He also represents Dion Jordan, as well."
    https://247sports.com/nfl/new-york-jets ... -114638494

It has been discussed before but I'm kind of intrigued by both.
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Any F.A. you guys would want on the Hawks?
Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:32 am
  • Kinda early but now that the SB is over it's time to start thinking about this. Here are just a couple. I have quite a few more but will leave them for you, or post them later.

Malcomb Butler. Dude stole our 2nd Lombardi and was benched for yesterdays game. That was puzzling and to see the Patriots lose one has to question that move. We could certainly use a vet CB at this point, not sure of his salary demands.

LeGarrett Blount. I wanted him out of college but we traded for Lynch so he went elsewhere. He is as close to Lynch as there is. Can break tackles and still has tons of juice left, and the Hawk running game as of right now is possibly the WORST in the league for a myriad of reasons, but getting Blount would not be like getting Eddie Friggin Lacy.
    Seahawkville
    NET Rookie

• Shead is F.A. and didn't play a snap. Butler is going to have that coveted "chip" on the shoulder.
    Seahawkville
    NET Rookie

• Butler doesn't fit Seattle's mold for CB, he's too small.

Also who are you benching for Butler? Sherman or Griffin?

Butler is not a fit here.
    DJrmb
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:36 am
  • Maelstrom787 wrote:On my radar:

Gilliam
    DJ Fluker
    Senio Kelemete
    Clinton McDonald
    Isaiah Crowell
    Terrence West
    Alfred Morris

Retain McDougald, Maxwell.

I think Fluker may be on the way to Seattle. Think Robert Gallery: underperforming high pick to plug at guard and scare the shit out of the defense. Bully them. Get Solari a monster for our guy to run behind.

I really like your list here. I hope they at least "kick the tires" on each of those guys. Kelemete could be a real diamond in the rough, I love how well he filled in playing almost every position on the line during the season for the Saints.

We do have openings at TE with both JG and Luke UFAs so I'd like to see them look at potentially bringing in someone there too.
    DJrmb
    NET Veteran

• Not sure about benching someone, but it's all about competition here.

Griffin was ok as a rookie, hard to say how he will progress, and Shermans injury for a CB is a concern. Not sure why you think a good CB like Butler isn't a fit.

Height is over rated around here. Has height won a super bowl?
    Last edited by Seahawkville on Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Seahawkville
    NET Rookie

• No high profile ones.... were gonna get a couple compensatory picks if Jimmy and sheldon Richardson leave. If we sign we would lose.
    gowazzu02
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:41 pm
  • I know next to nothing about Seferian-Jenkins, can someone confirm what type of TE he is?
    www.hawk-talk.com

original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:50 am
  • original poster wrote:I know next to nothing about Seferian-Jenkins, can someone confirm what type of TE he is?

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2017/1 ... t_end.html
    Coming out of the University of Washington in 2014, tight end Austin Seferian-Jenkins envisioned himself putting up monster receiving numbers in the NFL.

After all, in three years of college, he had 538, 852, and 450 yards, plus six, seven, and eight touchdowns. He was fully prepared to replicate those numbers as a pro.

One problem: He didn't grasp the importance of blocking, especially in the running game, and just aspired to be a prolific, pass-catching tight end.

"I think earlier in my career, that's just what I wanted to be," he told NJ Advance Media. "I'm 25, and I'm [in my] fourth year, and I just want to be a complete tight end. I want to be the best complete tight end."

Now in his second season with the Jets, he is taking big steps toward that.

He was a run-blocking force in last Sunday's win over the Jaguars, playing key blocking roles on touchdown runs of 69 and 75 yards. On another running play that he recalled Thursday, he handled Pro Bowl defensive end Calais Campbell -- no easy task.

"I was able to seal him off," Seferian-Jenkins said. "Before, I know I definitely wouldn't have done that. That was a cool thing. That's where I think my game has improved, and being able to keep me on the field more than before. They're like, 'OK, we can trust him for the most part.' I'm getting closer to becoming a complete tight end."

Last week, Seferian-Jenkins played 77 percent of the Jets' offensive snaps. A week earlier, against the Dolphins, he played 76 percent.

Committing to blocking, particularly for running plays, "just makes everything easier," Seferian-Jenkins said. "It's got to be want-to, being nasty and having that mindset like an o-lineman.

"I think I was always capable of it. I just think I didn't really understand the importance of it, or what it took to do all that, so you could be a complete tight end. I always just thought it was about catching. If you really want to be a special tight end, a complete tight end, you've got to be able to block."

Seferian-Jenkins spent a lot of time this offseason reconditioning his body. But for him to improve his run blocking, he knew he needed a defender across from him -- a guy charging toward him. This wasn't something he could perfect in a gym or during individual drills. He had to tackle the task during training camp.

"That was a big emphasis that I challenged him [with] in training camp," said offensive coordinator John Morton. "You don't want to be one dimensional. He's accepted that. He works on it every single day. He just keeps getting better and better."

From a scheme standpoint, Jets coach Todd Bowles said there are a few advantages to having a two-dimensional tight end like Seferian-Jenkins, who has nine catches for 77 yards in his two games played this season, since he returned from a two-game suspension (DUI arrest).

If a tight end is strictly a blocker, Bowles said a defense can load the box and expect a running play. If a tight end is strictly a receiver, the defense can insert its nickel package, with an extra defensive back to cover the tight end.

"If you have a guy that can do both, you can mismatch how you want it to mismatch," Bowles said. "It'll be to your advantage."

If the defense goes with its base alignment, the Jets can spread out their offensive formation and get Seferian-Jenkins in a mismatch with a slower player.

And if the Jets see a defense opting for a nickel package, they can use Seferian-Jenkins as a blocker on a power running play, against the smaller, quicker defensive alignment.

"So it's good to have a dual tight end," Bowles said.
    massari
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:42 am
  • Thanks!

Yeah, I'd be very happy with him on the team.
    www.hawk-talk.com

original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:09 am
  • He was an absolute beast at UW, incredible hands and unstoppable many times out there.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:51 am
  • original poster wrote:Thanks!

Yeah, I'd be very happy with him on the team.

Don't leave out the fact he has a hard time staying on the field. 80 games in 5 years he has played only in 38 of them. That is 47% availability. Not something to count on being a key member of the team. His best year was last year playing 13 games. He also has been suspended and admitted substance abuse issues (which is better than those that won't admit the problem but have it IMO), so that adds more risk.

Only if he is cheap would I take the chance on him.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:14 pm
  • He was a headline reader, awesome player that didn't put in the homework once he got to the NFL, got into a bit of trouble in Tampa Bay and got off track. There was a time people thought he was Jeremy Stevens 2.0. Seems he has got it finally, could be a force in the right system.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Seahawkville wrote:Kinda early but now that the SB is over it's time to start thinking about this. Here are just a couple. I have quite a few more but will leave them for you, or post them later.

Malcomb Butler. Dude stole our 2nd Lombardi and was benched for yesterdays game. That was puzzling and to see the Patriots lose one has to question that move. We could certainly use a vet CB at this point, not sure of his salary demands.

LeGarrett Blount. I wanted him out of college but we traded for Lynch so he went elsewhere. He is as close to Lynch as there is. Can break tackles and still has tons of juice left, and the Hawk running game as of right now is possibly the WORST in the league for a myriad of reasons, but getting Blount would not be like getting Eddie Friggin Lacy.

Don’t we think that might cause issues in our already overly sensitive locker room.
    It's about damn time #45 is in the HOF
    tacomahawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:34 pm
  • Malcolm Butler couldn't be any less 'Seahawky' if he tried.

I'd say there is more chance of Russ getting traded for the 75th overall pick in the 2018 draft than there is Butler in Seattle.

He doesn't have the height, he doesn't have the length and he's about to get his first big contract.
    www.hawk-talk.com

original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:23 am
  • I think Seattle will pick up Shane Vareen in free agency for vet minimum, or very close to vet minimum.
    www.hawk-talk.com

original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:15 pm
  • Starting to hop on the Carlos Hyde train and rolling the dice with Carson....good RB's are easier to find than other positions later in the draft and are cheap to sign via free agency. The Eagles won with Ajayi (5th round pick), Blount (undrafted vet with $1.25M cap hit) and Clement (undrafted 2017).

So sign a vet like Hyde to a 1 year deal if the price is right, and pick up a RB in the 4th or later to go along with Carson, Hyde, McKissic.

Maybe try (like some have suggested) Prosise at WR since his body isn't made for the punishment of a RB.

Rawls, Davis will hopefully be depth in camp as well.
    massari
    NET Veteran

• Seahawkville wrote:Not sure about benching someone, but it's all about competition here.

Griffin was ok as a rookie, hard to say how he will progress, and Shermans injury for a CB is a concern. Not sure why you think a good CB like Butler isn't a fit.

It definitely helped us win in 2013. Pete likes tall corners on the outside. Coleman has the slot job locked down, so there's no place for Malcolm. It's not just height either, it's wingspan/arm length. It's undeniable that length helps a corner jam and control the receiver, as well as make plays on the ball when it seems like he's beat. Just this year, Sherman swatted a ball away from Tarvares King (I think) in the Giants game. He got beat down the sidelines, but was able to knock the ball away due to his long arms.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:43 pm

• Seahawkville wrote:Not sure about benching someone, but it's all about competition here.

Over rated?? It sure as heck got us there!

Seymour
    NET Veteran

• gowazzu02 wrote:No high profile ones.... were gonna get a couple compensatory picks if Jimmy and sheldon Richardson leave. If we sign we would lose.

Compensatory picks wouldn't be available until 2019 should Sheldon and Jimmy leave in FA. That doesn't help the team much in 2018. If they can bring one or both back on fair deals, then the team would be better for it in 2018.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:06 pm
  • Demaryius Thomas may be released by the Broncos. He's be a nice big target to add. Isaiah Crowell would be a nice fit with Seahawks. Physical style and still fairly young.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:28 pm
  • I don't want an FA kicker I want either Pinerio or Carlson I also want JK Scott or Dickson spend money on getting proven guards and a good injury free pass catching back. Otherwise fill D from the draft and try to keep Jimmy.

If Tevin Coleman is available for the right price in terms of draft picks he would be my number one priority outside of Jimmy.
    randomation
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:39 pm
  • hawkfan68 wrote:Demaryius Thomas may be released by the Broncos. He's be a nice big target to add. Isaiah Crowell would be a nice fit with Seahawks. Physical style and still fairly young.

I've got an article coming out on my site about potential cheap (mainly vet minimum up to $4-5M a year) FA pickups, Isaiah Crowell is one of those names.

I'll post the link here if people are interested once its live.

Here's the part about Isaiah -

Isaiah Crowell – RB

Isaiah, drafted by the Browns in 2014 has been very consistent as a running back, he has never missed a game for them (very impressive for a running back) and has got close to a 1000 yard season the last two years. In 2016 he put up 952 yards and 853 in 2017. Averging 4.1 in 2017 and 4.8 in 2016. He deserves a contract very similar to the contracvt the team gave Eddie Lacy in 2017. I do fear, however, that Seattle may not be an ideal landing spot for him and he’d go with another team, even for a lower value contract.

Chance of Isaiah Crowell becoming a Seahawk – 30%
    Contract prediction – 1-year $4-5M
    www.hawk-talk.com

original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:23 am
  • My suspicion is the team won’t be active at all in FA.

They will try to re-up their own and acquire cheap FA late where our young players don’t seem adequate.

I expect a year of few new additions.p
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• hawkfan68 wrote:
    gowazzu02 wrote:No high profile ones.... were gonna get a couple compensatory picks if Jimmy and sheldon Richardson leave. If we sign we would lose.

Compensatory picks wouldn't be available until 2019 should Sheldon and Jimmy leave in FA. That doesn't help the team much in 2018. If they can bring one or both back on fair deals, then the team would be better for it in 2018.

The compensatory picks for 2019 can be traded for positioning in the 2018 draft.
    TransGenderHawkFan
    NET Starter

• TransGenderHawkFan wrote:
    hawkfan68 wrote:
    gowazzu02 wrote:No high profile ones.... were gonna get a couple compensatory picks if Jimmy and sheldon Richardson leave. If we sign we would lose.

The compensatory picks for 2019 can be traded for positioning in the 2018 draft.

You have to find a partner that wants to push out their own plans for that to work. Not as easy to assume this can happen. This is especially true when every other team knows your draft picks for this years draft, and that you need extra picks to reload this year.

No, the only way this works is if we bring one back into the fold. For me it's Sheldon Richardson. He commands a position of true need that this teams has lacked for many years. A penetrating 3tech DT is very difficult to replace and no 3rd round compensatory pick is going to take his place.
    kf3339
    NET Veteran

• TransGenderHawkFan wrote:
    hawkfan68 wrote:

Are you certain about that? Compensatory picks a team receives is not determined until after the said season. The comp picks have yet to be determined for 2018 draft. Losing Graham and Sheldon this offseason doesn’t help them as far as comp picks until they are awarded picks which happens next offseason. No team will trade anything for position on a “ghost” pick because that pick is uncertain. Again, this doesn’t help the Seahawks in 2018.

https://overthecap.com/projecting-2018-compensatory-picks/
    Last edited by hawkfan68 on Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

• hawkfan68 wrote:
    TransGenderHawkFan wrote:
    hawkfan68 wrote:

The compensatory picks for 2019 can be traded for positioning in the 2018 draft.[/quot

Are you certain about that? Compensatory picks a team receives is not determined until after the said season. The comp picks have yet to be determined for 2018 draft. Losing Graham and Sheldon this offseason doesn’t help them as far as comp picks until they are awarded picks which happens next offseason. No team will trade anything for position on a “ghost” pick because that pick is uncertain. Again, this doesn’t help the Seahawks in 2018.

https://overthecap.com/projecting-2018-compensatory-picks/

Exactly, so waiting on a hypothetical as opposed to a top performing veteran that can help in 2018 and beyond only means that you expect the team to start a rebuilding process. If that is the case there are quite a few current vets on this team that need to be traded and/or cut to start that process today.

I don't think that is what PC and JS are trying to accomplish at all. PC wants to get back to the SB in the next year or two. A 2019 comp pick isn't going to help in that goal.
    kf3339
    NET Veteran

Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:26 am
  • original poster wrote:Very confident Allen Robinson will be a Seahawk.

(If he doesn’t get tagged)

Curious why you feel this confidence?

Hawks drafted PRich in the same class but like 20 picks earlier.

I am no personnel expert but I liked him more than prich coming out of college.

However, I like PRich's speed and skill set. If all things are the same with asking price, I'd probably take Prich since Robinson is coming off injury.

"We all we got, we all we need"
    lukerguy
    NET Veteran

Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:27 am
  • PaVloVa!8 wrote:
    massari wrote:Haven't looked at every free agent, but these ones seemed like good fits:

OL - Andrew Norwell, Josh Kline, Garry Gilliam, Joeckel (for about $2M per), Jonathan Cooper

WR - Terrelle Pryor, Donte Moncrief, Jordan Matthews, Eric Decker, Cody Latimer, Brice Butler, all might be fairly cheap and worth taking a chance on. Paul Richardson and Marqise Lee are probably a bit pricier.

TE - Trey Burton, Tyler Eifert, Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Jimmy Graham (for about $7M per max), Ben Watson, Anthony Fasano, Lee Smith, Darren Fells, Troy Niklas, Ed Dickson, Virgil Green, Luke Willson

RB - Le'Veon Bell, Charles Sims

CB - Jalen Collins, Maxwell, Shead, Vontae Davis all might be cheap

S - Bradley McDougald, Eric Reid, Morgan Burnett, LaMarcus Joyner, Tre Boston, TJ Ward, Tyvon Branch

DL/LEO/SLB - Sheldon Richardson, Kony Ealy, Junior Galette, William Hayes,Tank Carradine, Alex Okafor, Devon Kennard, Barkevious Mingo, Courtney Upshaw, Aldon Smith

I would re sign Joeckel, Mcdougald,Richardson,Shead,Maxwell very cheap probably get cut if Sherman get back in shape. ..,I love ASJ replacing Graham ... and if we got money left Lee

You'd re-sign Joeckel?

lukerguy
    NET Veteran

Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:28 am
  • hawkfan68 wrote:Demaryius Thomas may be released by the Broncos. He's be a nice big target to add. Isaiah Crowell would be a nice fit with Seahawks. Physical style and still fairly young.

Thomas is too soft and drops the ball too much.

Go watch SB48 over again.. Dude totally got scared after Bam Bam hit. Went MIA.

lukerguy
    NET Veteran

Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:51 pm

Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:25 pm
  • Free agency wants usually carry the same tune. Our OL might actually be almost set minus a player or so, but all I see are skill position players being talked about. Don't get me wrong, I'd be on board with ASJ over Graham because he just fits the offense that much better as an actual well rounded legitimate TE, but I'm not sure we need to be talking about spending at WR. We have a couple of guys in the wings right now. We even retained Moore on the season roster so someone else didn't take him because someone else was wanting him. We need to add depth at WR, not spend. Some of the guys talked about don't offer anything more physically than Darboh and Moore and, because of the money, are just as big of a risk. Unfortunately, we're at a point where we need to talk about ROI almost exclusively right now. We aren't far off, but we don't need to get pigeon holed either. Continue more natural growth instead of playing high risk cards. RB, OL, TE, and then we can find some WRs. I've been kicking around the idea of Prosise taking reps at WR and playing a Harvin role too. We have talent and options, but need more core strength.
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:21 am
  • Keeping our own, just those that the team wants to keep is going to be tough. Adding more than one or two low level FAs will be also tough.

Cap purgatory is on the team and the FO is gong to have to make some big changes before any FA moves can be made.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:37 pm
  • jammerhawk wrote:Keeping our own, just those that the team wants to keep is going to be tough. Adding more than one or two low level FAs will be also tough.

Cap purgatory is on the team and the FO is gong to have to make some big changes before any FA moves can be made.

So letting JG,Lacey,Lane,PRich and Luke J go doesn't get us 1 FA?
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:53 pm
  • It will be interesting just how, if any, different the new staffs input will be. I've personally been clamoring for change and wow they did it. Did Cable really have all that input? Will Solari be much improved? (as far as personnel and free agency).
    Fun!
    Michael Dickson, P, Texas: 2018 Adopt a Probowl Rookie
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

PreviousNext

It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:36 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information