Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Kris Richard Next???

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: Kris Richard Next???
Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:42 pm
  • hawxfreak wrote:Did you even watch that super bowl ?
    Brady was being shut down until lane and Avril I think went out
    We just had no depth to be able to stop those routes but yeah , it's on the DC as well
    That was back when lane was good but after that he was never the same guy
    It does take good players as well as a good coach
    Quinn
    Bradley
    Richard
    In that order

I did

And I'm pretty convinced that had Quinn and Bradley dealt with as much injuries and ineptness on offense as Richards did this season, you and others would be falling over backwards to excuse them. Just as you're doing here
    Scorpion05
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:16 pm

Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:20 pm
  • Scorpion05 wrote:
    And I'm pretty convinced that had Quinn and Bradley dealt with as much injuries and ineptness on offense as Richards did this season, you and others would be falling over backwards to excuse them. Just as you're doing here

I don't think Pete is letting go of Richard because he's a bad scheme or X's and O's coach, Richard has been in Pete's defensive system since being hired as a grad student at USC. No one knows how Pete wants his defense run more than Richard.

IMO it has more to do with Richard's leadership, motivational, having that command of the locker room that guys like Bradley and Quinn had with their defensive players.

I don't think it's a coincidence that there's been more dysfunction and nonsense out of the defensive players on and off the field since Richard took over as D-Coordinator.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:54 pm
  • Richard is a great DB coach, but as a D coordinator , is noting special. Glad we are doing a renovation in our coaching staff.
    Gio
    NET Rookie

Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:01 pm
  • This is the difference from being more or less one of the guys to the guy on defense, Pete being the ultimate guy of course. Cutting lines of friendship and changing it to business can be hard on guys as young and close to the payers age as Richard, being on a different team and sett8ing a precedence would be easier and then coming back possibly when roster churn happens and he has a more seasoned look to him.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:06 am
  • Just a wee bit of background here --

Pete owes Kris Richard big-time for one single play that won a game, saved a season, and maybe kept Pete from being fired after one year at USC. In 2001, the Trojans were 2-5, on their way to another awful season and everyone was frustrated with him. And then Kris Richard happened.

USC was tied with Arizona with under a minute to play, Arizona had the ball and was driving into USC territory. It looked like another loss. All of a sudden, the Arizona QB threw a square-out, Richard stepped in front for a pick and ran it back for a game-winning TD. The Trojans went on to win the rest of their games that season, went to a bowl game and then exploded to 11-2 season the following year, and Pete was on his way.

Without that one play, a lot of people at USC -- including guys on the team -- would have thrown in the towel. So after Kris Richard hung up his cleats, Pete took Richard under his wing and guided his coaching career. That's Pete. He's extremely loyal to his guys, probably too much.

I'm glad Pete finally pushed the button on Richard, even though it may have been PA directing him. Kris under-performed, the D got torched too many times and Pete couldn't protect him any longer. It had to happen.
    Tusc2000
    NET Rookie

Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:13 am
  • If Richard leaves, Mike Nolan may be a potential candidate to take over at DC. Mike is a proven DC and is currently the LB coach with the Saints. He's experienced and has proven success as DC with several teams.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:01 pm
  • Richard isn't going anywhere FYI
    "God Bless Russell Wilson"
    Chukarhawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:13 pm
  • I’d be totally OK with replacing Richard but I think it is not likely to happen this offseason. I suspect the exaggerated reporting from Softy had more to do with the language used by the team in allowing Richard to
    Interview for positions with other team that could be promotions.

If he stays he needs to improve the team’s 3rd down pass D b/c it is tiresome to continually watch the
    Team give up 3rd and long conversions to every opponent.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:40 pm
  • Chukarhawk wrote:Richard isn't going anywhere FYI

Yes he is. It may take a few days.
    Tusc2000
    NET Rookie

Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:52 pm
  • During a game adjustments are a big difference than half or more of an entire season adjustments , especially when it's the big game , wouldn't you agree.
    There were quite a few games where we got zero pressure and almost never blitzed or stunted or made any attempts to increase pressure this year.
    I'm not used to seeing that from this team
    Way too many times I felt we were being dictated to as opposed to doing the dictating and forcing bad decisions or turnovers.
    It's what we made our living on in 2013
    many coaches find ways to do that without big name players but this year and last we just didn't seem to do it enough
    Gush about KR all you like but I think we can do better
    What are you
    I'm a mog , half man , half dog
    I'm my own best friend
    hawxfreak
    NET Starter

Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:51 pm
  • Tusc2000 wrote:Just a wee bit of background here --

Pete owes Kris Richard big-time for one single play that won a game, saved a season, and maybe kept Pete from being fired after one year at USC. In 2001, the Trojans were 2-5, on their way to another awful season and everyone was frustrated with him. And then Kris Richard happened.

USC was tied with Arizona with under a minute to play, Arizona had the ball and was driving into USC territory. It looked like another loss. All of a sudden, the Arizona QB threw a square-out, Richard stepped in front for a pick and ran it back for a game-winning TD. The Trojans went on to win the rest of their games that season, went to a bowl game and then exploded to 11-2 season the following year, and Pete was on his way.

Without that one play, a lot of people at USC -- including guys on the team -- would have thrown in the towel. So after Kris Richard hung up his cleats, Pete took Richard under his wing and guided his coaching career. That's Pete. He's extremely loyal to his guys, probably too much.

I'm glad Pete finally pushed the button on Richard, even though it may have been PA directing him. Kris under-performed, the D got torched too many times and Pete couldn't protect him any longer. It had to happen.

This is utterly ridiculous.

I really like what I see in Richard... sure he's a little green as a DC but you can't overlook what he's done with the LOB, turning mid-round picks in to all-pros and castoffs in to solid starters.

The defense struggled at times this year but the injuries really were horrendous. Losing Sherman was of course a blow, but I think people here really underestimate how much Kam was at the heart of the team's defensive domination. If he can somehow come back in '18 that would be a massive boost to the defense.

There might be something to the notion that Richard became too close to the players as a position coach and that made it harder for him as a DC... that shouldn't be a problem though as the old guard disappears and is replaced by new blood.
    A-Dog
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:34 pm
  • I'm still reeling over the news we hired Schottenheimer.

Now watch, we'll hire Rob Ryan to replace KR... :177692:
    The_Z_Man
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:25 pm
  • I think the secondary has always been Pete's baby. Not sure we can credit Richard entirely with turning those picks into elite players. That's why I think Quinn was a great fit at DC, he's a DL guy that complemented Pete as a secondary guy.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:22 pm
  • The_Z_Man wrote:I'm still reeling over the news we hired Schottenheimer.

And Tom Cable Jr. to coach the O-line.
    ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    James in PA
    NET Starter

Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:42 pm
  • The_Z_Man wrote:I'm still reeling over the news we hired Schottenheimer.

I wish this was in the shack so I could give you the proper response to your Rob Ryan comment. 8)
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Previous

It is currently Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:20 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information