Hawks in the UK this year? - EDIT - Confirmed - 10/14

Hawkfish

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/BradyHenderson/status/950863198424576001[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/BradyHenderson/status/950865514904997889[/tweet]

mrt144

Reaction score
The only thing I don't look forward to is the thread(s) talking about how the London game screwed up the Hawks...3 to 4 weeks after the game.

mikeak

Reaction score
mrt144":1k6fvghz said:
The only thing I don't look forward to is the thread(s) talking about how the London game screwed up the Hawks...3 to 4 weeks after the game.

yep it was also to cold at the beginning of the game, to warm at the end and the field will lead to multiple issues

original poster

Reaction score
There are a staggering amount of UK Seahawk fans.

There were rumours they’d play the Broncos there in late October but those rumours appeared to be fake.

Hawks are one of 6 teams that haven’t played there as yet as the managing director of NFL UK said his goal is to bring them all over so if they don’t play there this year, you can almost guarantee it in either 2019 or 2020.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Hey, if we don't have to play in the Raiders' crap stadium, I might almost rather the road miles.

chris98251

Reaction score
Let it wait till 2019 or 2020, maybe they will decide to stop imposing more difficulty on teams every year, if they want teams in the UK create a league there and then you can have two Super Bowls for each country, the United States Champion and UK Champion then have the real Super Bowl.

Nothing against the UK, but it robs United States fans of games they pay for every year be it tickets or advertising, they have experimented with the "INTEREST level now long enough, they keep going back, therefore it must be there.

Give them a 8 team league to start with. Or let Vince McMahon do it and give him a league there, he is going to restart the XFL again here anyway.

Maybe Cable and Bevell will get Head Coaching gigs there :)

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
So what happens to the prices of season tickets for fans of teams that play a "home" game in the UK? Do they just pay for one less home game that season? I can't imagine the team would still charge for the normal 8 home games. Regardless it's crappy for those fans that have 1 less home game that season.

mikeak

Reaction score
Aros":3b4b9gcx said:
So what happens to the prices of season tickets for fans of teams that play a "home" game in the UK? Do they just pay for one less home game that season? I can't imagine the team would still charge for the normal 8 home games. Regardless it's crappy for those fans that have 1 less home game that season.

Correct you pay for one less game

Which is why we should go along with playing in London as an away game. I would prefer it was an east coast game so that a short west coast trip doesn't turn into a long flight.

if we don't go along with an away game it is only a matter of time before a home game gets moved to London.....

Gibbo

Reaction score
Ugh I hope not.

Originally from the Uk but live out here now.

Despise the NFL London games with a passion.

I can’t wait until that whole fad dies down. I’m certain it will too.

original poster

Reaction score
Gibbo":146p9ln1 said:
Ugh I hope not.

Originally from the Uk but live out here now.

Despise the NFL London games with a passion.

I can’t wait until that whole fad dies down. I’m certain it will too.

Could you elaborate?

Everything I’ve read and seen raves about how much of a sucesss it is with talks of more games and even moving a team over there.

May be wishful thinking on your part :)

London12

Reaction score
Definitely wishful thinking on his part. My dad was into the NFL the first time it was an actual fad and he shares similar pessimism, I think it's that generation. Of course they didn't have these live games and all the NFL content you could ever want online then.

Doesn't need to be said, but I'd be excited.

ballard1951

Reaction score
The NFL is all about business, and the interest for American football in Europe is growing fast. Lots of Norwegians visit Wembley and Twickenham every year, and if the Seahawks are coming to London this year I will certainly be there. If it happens it will be an away game, so why not be positive about it. Good for our substantial fanbase in Europe.

Storts

Reaction score
Would love this to be the case but I still can't see us going this year.

There are a huge number of UK 12's now - very passionate and I know a strong number of us fly over every year to catch a game or two.

Can understand the pessimism to an extent because if the reverse happened to my soccer team I would not be happy, but the NFL is a different business and London games are hugely successful. The sport has grown massively here since they begun and the NFL is gaining popularity all the time. There is no reason for them to cut back, and if not a franchise, I think in a few years there will be 8 games a season here to a mimic a regular season home schedule, even if the teams are different.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Really hoping it's not til 2019, but I have a feeling it's gonna' be a road game vs. the Raiders in Oct. of 2018.
Wife and I are committed to go, have a place to stay etc. Can't pass up a chance to finally get out to London.
But, like someone mentioned above, wait til 2019. Between Andy and Deano, we will be in good hands out there. Time to order an extra liver :shock:

original poster

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":tntmrs9m said:
Really hoping it's not til 2019, but I have a feeling it's gonna' be a road game vs. the Raiders in Oct. of 2018.
Wife and I are committed to go, have a place to stay etc. Can't pass up a chance to finally get out to London.
But, like someone mentioned above, wait til 2019. Between Andy and Deano, we will be in good hands out there. Time to order an extra liver :shock:

Not Andy Robinson per chance?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Andy Steele, I believe he goes by both feet in the end zone on here? I think I have my tour guide for the Liverpool/Beatles part of the trip :irishdrinkers:

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
4 UK residents went to the game in Jacksonville. Met them at a bar after the game. Good people. None on .net. I mentioned it...

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'm not sure if my friend Deano has an account on here, but he has been coming over to games for years. Feel very fortunate to finally make the trip over and stay w/him and his fam. Great people.