Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Runningbacks have been terrible since Lynch left

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • Running backs haven't necessarily been terrible, the coaching has, ala zone blocking. That and we've had some very unfortunate luck with injuries. If Pete claims he wants to get back to the running game like 2012/13/14 Derrius Guice will be available at #18.

I REALLY REALLY hope Pete chills out with these reach picks on guys that may or may not pan out.
    NFSeahawks628
    NET Veteran

Location: Born: Tacoma, WA Current Location: Tally, Seminole Country (Road Hawk)

• Derrius Guice remind anyone else of Marshawn?
    A-Dog
    NET Veteran

• The talent at RB is adequate but not special, except potentially Carson and it is way too soon to know for sure about him. For sure the pile could be deeper. This will be a great draft to deepen the pile.

Don’t think the team has been weak at finding good prospects, but for sure believe the scheme/run blocking was the problem. Someone earlier said they all were Cabevelled.

All the players here have potential save Lacy (who is gone anyway) who has been terrible for > 2 seasons and was a huge mistake to have added.

I think Rawls has been screwed up by Cable b/c he was better earlier than he is now. In his case I truly believe he was a talented RB who ran hard and who still has his burst and quickness but is struggling mentally b/c he wants to recreate his earlier success and has failed to come back from his injuries which I believe to be totally resolved. Frankly I suspect he will not be back and it might be better for him to move on but Davis will as will McKissic.

Prosise is a mystery as he always is hurt and despite enormous potential is down to one last preseason to show he might stay healthy, If not C-Ya CJ.

EDIT: corrected spelling
    Last edited by jammerhawk on Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• Hard to knock our RB's yet given the poor line play and type of run scheme we used, as we have seen our backs move on and have success in a power run scheme, and yes that can be a ZBS as well with a different emphasis on assignments, we used it some already when push came to shove and had good results with a adequate to good FB. If our RB's can just do what comes naturally and hit a hole and not wait for guys to get into position or miss their assignments and they get a down hill start we could see a nice surprise happen, Davis, Rawls, McKissic all have a different style but have a quick step and burst into the hole, Carson being the more one cut and run power type guys that gets going quickly. Prosise is an enigma, I still think his best position may be slot, bigger Golden Tate actually.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• chris98251 wrote:Hard to knock our RB's yet given the poor line play and type of run scheme we used, as we have seen our backs move on and have success in a power run scheme, and yes that can be a ZBS as well with a different emphasis on assignments, we used it some already when push came to shove and had good results with a adequate to good FB. If our RB's can just do what comes naturally and hit a hole and not wait for guys to get into position or miss their assignments and they get a down hill start we could see a nice surprise happen, Davis, Rawls, McKissic all have a different style but have a quick step and burst into the hole, Carson being the more one cut and run power type guys that gets going quickly. Prosise is an enigma, I still think his best position may be slot, bigger Golden Tate actually.

Your post is absolutely right on. The blame was clearly on scheme and weak OLine play. There is another thread indicating Reece wanted to return to the team and had been brought back yet the younger less experienced Madden was reactivated from IR. This to me indicated Cable didn’t want to allow a return to the power scheme employed when Rawls as being successful all year long despite consistent failure his ZBS variation was the mandated scheme with league low results. It was clear Cable had to go. It was clear Bevell should have been gone much before.

Your assessments above are all right on as far as the players are concerned. To me Prosise is one of those players who gets coaches and GMs into trouble. He has genuine talent but malingers with injuries and his unavailability has now got to a degree where talented or not the one thing he must prove to stay is he can be depended upon to show up for games rather than be constantly a trainer’s room player. His obvious talent keeps him as a wasted roster spot who if cut goes elsewhere and wakes up. McKissic is more valuable to the team than Prosise for just that reason of reliability. The suggestion of using Prosise as a slot receiver type player to allow him not to get boo boos though may work but sort of telegraphs his use unless he is converted back to WR exclusively. Talented or not the team needs him fish or cut bait this coming season.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

Previous

It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:56 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information