Is Bevells job in Russell's hands?

getnasty

Reaction score
I'm sure if Russ voices his opinion on way or the other he'll either stay or go. That's why I think Bevell stays but Cable is probably gone.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
I'm sure Russell would prefer to keep Bevell. But he's still a young guy who hasn't experienced anything better in the NFL.

He needs an OC who can challenge him to be great, not a buddy. Adding any new play caller will be like doubling his knowledge. He won't like it, but it's what the team needs.

This is why I want Pete Carmichael for OC/Assistant Head Coach. He's worked with Brees for years, has a great sense of offensive flow, and always remains committed to the run. In that case, maybe they should re-sign Jimmy Graham; Carmichael actually knows how to use him after so many wasted years! Perhaps Myles Gaskin could play the Alvin Kamara "gadget" role.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
That would be a mistake. I don’t think Russ would say a bad word about ANYONE.

OP
OP
G

getnasty

Reaction score
Not saying Pete going to do what Russell wants but you would have to think he's gonna want to hear what he has to say.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":10x6hn35 said:
That would be a mistake. I don’t think Russ would say a bad word about ANYONE.

After getting WRECKED and beat up behind this line for two years straight. Well, this year was a bit better because he focused on conditioning. More than likely because he knew he'd be running like hell all season. I would bet he doesn't have many good things to say about the OC/OL coaches in a private meeting with the front office. However, you probably won't hear a leader like Russ publicly denounce anyone.

Punish in private, praise in public.

original poster

Reaction score
For sure Russ isn’t stupid.

He wants to play deep into his 40’s to make as much money as possible.

Right now, the OL is potentially risking that. Believe Russ will be sharing his opinion in private.