1st Series

nwHawk

Reaction score
What plays do you want to see in the first series that will indicate to you that Bevell is prepared to win rather than just trying to be clever? I'm slightly concerned that he'll try to get cute since AZ has been playing excellent D.

I'd like to see them pound the ball right at Chandler Jones. Try to get him worn down. Let's break their spirit, then get the ball out quickly.

OP
OP
nwHawk

nwHawk

Reaction score
Oh course, that goes without saying.

scrummymustard

Reaction score
nwHawk":khp5toq9 said:
What plays do you want to see in the first series that will indicate to you that Bevell is prepared to win rather than just trying to be clever? I'm slightly concerned that he'll try to get cute since AZ has been playing excellent D.

I'd like to see them pound the ball right at Chandler Jones. Try to get him worn down. Let's break their spirit, then get the ball out quickly.

I’d rather not continue to try and do something we clearly are not able to do efficiently. We try that and we will most likely go three and out as usual on the opening drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
If I were to script it against AZ?

1. Quick Drop back, crossing routes with Graham and Vannette
2. Tripps Right with P-Rich, Baldwin and a TE, send Davis weakside
3. Davis up the middle for a few
4. Empty backfield QB keeper up the middle
5. Graham in the end-zone

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Bevell could call genius plays and it wouldn't matter if Ifedi missed a crucial block, or Wilson didn't pull the trigger, or the receiver dropped the ball.

Criticizing an OC's intentions based on the result is like stiffing a waiter. You don't always have any idea where the process broke down.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3ujh4ncq said:
Bevell could call genius plays and it wouldn't matter if Ifedi missed a crucial block, or Wilson didn't pull the trigger, or the receiver dropped the ball.

Criticizing an OC's intentions based on the result is like stiffing a waiter. You don't always have any idea where the process broke down.

Generally I would agree with this but the offensive coordinator doesn't just call plays on Sunday.

If Ifedi isn't ready to play, RW is indecisive or receivers aren't focused then some of the blame needs to go on DB for the preparation.

I think the offensive scheme is tired and our division opponents are starting to feast on it.

adeltaY

Reaction score
I think AZ scoring a defensive TD on our first series is more likely than our offense scoring one.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
adeltaY":134ttjzt said:
I think AZ scoring a defensive TD on our first series is more likely than our offense scoring one.

Maybe we'll see our Special Teams step up. KR for a TD! Keep the O-Line off the field.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":zu2le52m said:
Bevell could call genius plays

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
*gasp*
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Where would bevel ever come up with genius plays from? Somebody else's playbook?

Did you and Sioux become drinking buddies or something? :irishdrinkers:

;)

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
GeekHawk":3hs6mtlm said:
MontanaHawk05":3hs6mtlm said:
Bevell could call genius plays

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
*gasp*
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Where would bevel ever come up with genius plays from? Somebody else's playbook?

Did you and Sioux become drinking buddies or something? :irishdrinkers:

;)

Maybe a quadruple reverse, halfback pass to Jon Ryan? That should work....

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":7xarcf6e said:
adeltaY":7xarcf6e said:

Maybe we'll see our Special Teams step up. KR for a TD! Keep the O-Line off the field.

Called it! Eff yeah

OP
OP
nwHawk

nwHawk

Reaction score
Now would be a good time to remind Bevell he's really blind.