Honest question - Are you upset about this loss?

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I know we SHOULD be upset.

But is this really something that blindsided you, or something you kind of accepted?

Isn't it asking a bit much, considering how the team has played all year, to expect it to win the division - especially when we barely win the division the past few years with more of our great defensive players healthy?

Considering what we expect from Bevell, Cable and the rest, isn't going up against one of the best DLs vs a team that we struggle against anyway and needed 5 (FIVE!?!) takeaways to beat in the last game (a game we almost lost)...somewhat of a recipe for a loss? (Knowing what we know about what we play well against vs what we struggle with?)

Did you expect a win? Or was it more a hope?

I was hoping to win, hoping that we would somehow come out on an emotional high, but looking at the #s there is no way I would think the Hawks would have a chance in this game if I was a neutral observer.

And I really am not shocked at all, disappointed but not shocked. Which is a sign I am getting a lot more comfortable with this being a team that no longer is the better team no matter who they play.

That to me is the sign the window is closed, because it no longer looks like we should win every game anymore. The number of games on the schedule where you look and just figure it should be a loss but maybe they can win it, that number is growing each year.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I didnt give us a chance, but i'm a negative person. At least theres no more pressure for this season. The final nail was pounded into the coffin today.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
Usually when we lose, I am pissed, but before this one started I could feel it. Just wasn't our year, too much to overcome, even if we snuck past this game, there wasn't a lot of hope and I could feel the rams were gonna be a lot to overcome today and then so many more teams were going to be tough to overcome going forward... I'm kinda glad it went down like this so the message is clear, we are not the hawks who won the superbowl anymore, it's time to forge a new identity...we can't keep trying to fit that old mold, it's failing, we're not built to succeed that way anymore our talent doesn't fit it. Hopefully this dawns on the coaching staff and JS as well.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
I'm being completely honest here, I'm a little relieved. Let's not fool ourselves, if this team somehow makes it into the postseason, they won't get very far at all. They're completely one dimensional. Literally. Russell is the only form of life on this team. No defense, no run game, no special teams. It's a joke. And even then, Russ can be contained, and games like today happen.

This is a chance to get into somewhat decent draft position, and also to open Paul Allen's eyes. I've been down on this whole regime ever since the SB loss. Every year is a slow regression, and nothing ever changes. The same staff is retained, old vets keep getting big, fat contracts which hinder the cap, and then they underperform. John and Pete consistently whiff during the draft. This whole franchise has lost it's swagger and is suffering the consequences. It's turned into a mess.

I'm hoping this loss brings a new hope. Paul Allen needs to step in at some point, and a loss like this, despite all the injuries, might bring that.

mistaowen

Reaction score
A loss like this was bound to happen. Offense has spent basically every game doing absolutely nothing in the first half, sometimes until the fourth. Predictable, easy to defend until Russell starts running around like a mad man and making stuff happen out of nothing.

zchurch74

Reaction score
What I love about this loss is a young, very young coach kicked our ass. It’s time for the NFL to wake up and see that there is some very good young talent in the coaching ranks out there. Time for Pete and his old ass to move on.

OP
OP
T

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Pete won us a SB.

But as the years go by, he also gets credit for squandering one of the most talented Seahawks rosters ever, for years.

I don't expect to go to the SB yearly or even ever again.

But I expect some great playoff games after the wildcard, for the Seahawks to be a continual threat in the playoffs and create memorable games.

Since that SB loss, we basically win the wildcard and then get shelled. We haven't been a threat since.

I think it dawned on me when we squeaked into the playoffs because the kicker missed a gimme FG that the Seahawks as a dangerous team were dead. Sure, we would win a game here and there against a great team, because we had great players. But our coaches would be outmatched when we played for keeps in games where the opposing players + coaches were good too.

The "outathlete the other team" approach didn't work when the other team had great athletes as well. Or when we played on slower surfaces like grass, mud, weather, etc.

We still get the occasional Houston game where we look great, but teams with boom or bust strategies like we have are going to occasionally get the booms they want. They problem is boom or bust means you have quite a few busts coming too. And now we are finding that out.

Aussie Seahawk

Reaction score
I was very unhappy this pivotal game was not to be shown in Australia, but now I'm almost glad. :(

Can't remember who said it on TV about Russell Wilson's enormous slice of our offensive scoring, but he said it was "unsustainable" and I feared at the time that was very accurate.

We've got a horrible injury list, but surely just about every team has their share, too.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Well we used to never get blown out. We did lose to the Packers by 3 TD last year but to lose by 5 TD at home. Definite wake up call

Reaneypark

Reaction score
It’s a wake up call. We can’t keep trying what we did in 2013 and 2014. The NFL has adjusted, we haven’t. Time to adapt and change or continue getting your butt whipped.

ducks41468

Reaction score
I'm not upset about the loss, I'm upset about the excuses and lack of changes that are sure to follow

SeaChat

Reaction score
From the start of the game, and I mean the opening kick off that there wasn't a damn thing we could do to win this game. I know I sound like a broken record, but other 12 v's setting in my living room got up in frustration and walked out. All of us sat there in amazement, myself not so amazed, but painfully aware, that with multiple holding penalties occurring on each and every play, both on offense and defense, and no flags flying, that it was a no brainer that the Rams were going deep into the playoffs and that Seattle will to, but not as a result of what happened today.

The Rams needed this one to stay in it, we are still good to go. I still hate watching what I see happening to a sport I love with all my heart, and in this instance to a team I also love with all my heart. I can only hope that eventually it will be so undeniably obvious to the fans, what is, has and continues to happen in our sport, that they will demand them to clean it up.

I'm not saying we played great out there and had things been "different" we would have won it, we'll never know for sure. I am saying that if ever there was a case in point of a game outcome being steered, this game has provided more evidence of it than any other Seahawk game I've watched. Many will want to argue and disagree with me, and gang pile on John, Pete, Cable, Bevvell, and everyone else but the NFL and its field of puppets.

Go Seahawks " I Still Believe" !

MrThortan

Reaction score
Surprisingly not upset. Change was needed and this was a defining game to solidify that. I will take not making the playoffs this year IF it means the Seahawks are a better team next year. Number one for me is addressing the Oline issues. I would like to see Cable and Bevell gone as well. Pete deserves a chance to prove he can overcome this adversity. Still some games to watch of course, but I am already dreading a long long off season.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
I'm bummed out. I saw the writing on the wall and was hoping it was just me being negative. Now that it actually happened, I'm pretty bummed out. Burned out.

daketah

Reaction score
I'm not upset about the loss on its own, but as a symptom of the season and the direction of the team, yeah.

At this point, I really hope that Pete and John look at a new chapter for the team. I'm not sure if this means a succession plan for Pete, but I'm really hoping it includes recognition of what we have to work with. One of the most difficult positions to fill is that of the 'franchise' QB. We have a top 10 franchise QB. This asset needs to be protected and facilitated. I'm really sure that Tom Cable is the antithesis to this. He's got to go. Bevell might have to follow closely after.