Reality check

dopeboy206

Reaction score
John Schneider - He's become too cocky and I'm tired of him trying to be unconventional and he gambled way too much on our draft picks. He passed up on offensive lineman in the draft for years that we could of molded the past few years and when we finally drafted an offensive lineman we drafted Ifedi! Not to mention some of the players we drafted were reaches. Smh

Coach Pete - It seems like he has no control over this team. The players aren't focused as you can tell they care more about racism, politics, being activists and talking about how Kaepernick deserves to be in the NFL over other quarterbacks instead of playing football. The "Always compete" philosophy is full of hypocrisy. It doesn't reflect on the coaches. Remind me why is Blair Walsh is still on the team or why has Bevell and Cable lasted so long?

The players - I don't see anymore smack talk on the field. No tough guys who intimidate opposing teams. We have a bunch of fake tough guys. What happened to the swag? Players don't even dance, talk trash to the other team besides Frank Clark. When we tackle opposing players on defense why do our players pick them up? Enough with the classy stuff this is football you need to pump fear into the other team not be their friends. Ya'll can be friends after the game. Smh

This season is ass. Not fun to watch at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

olyfan63

Reaction score
Blair Walsh is still on the team because we have no salary cap room and thus no options.

Our drafts have been way too unproductive, trash really, collectively over the last 5 years. So many early round busts, so many mid round draft picks gone without ever truly contributing. Kept our veteran core together and now it's disintegrating with injuries as the core guys get older and way too few quality replacements ready to step in. What a mess.

hawks85

Reaction score
The reality is we need to get our asses handed to us because changes will follow. I want no come back miracle no nothing let the rams pound us into the ground i could care less.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
dopeboy206":fan33w8v said:
John Schneider - He's become too cocky and I'm tired of him trying to be unconventional and he's gambled way too much on our draft picks. He passed up on offensive lineman in the draft for years that we could of molded the past few years and when we finally drafted an offensive lineman we drafted Ifedi! Not to mention some of the players we drafted were reaches. Smh

Coach Pete - It seems like he has no control over this team. The players aren't focused as you can tell they care more about politics, being activists and praising how Kaepernick deserves to be in the NFL than playing football. The "Always compete" philosophy is full of hypocrisy. It doesn't reflect on the coaches. Remind me why is Blair Walsh is still on the team or why has Bevell and Cable lasted so long?

The players - I don't see anymore smack talk on the field. No tough guys who intimidate opposing teams. What happened to the swag? Players don't even dance, talk trash to the other team besides Frank Clark. When we tackle opposing players on defense why do our players pick them up? Enough with the classy stuff this is football you need to pump fear into the other team not be their friends. Ya'll can be friends after the game. Smh

This season is ass. Not fun to watch at all.

Pretty much nailed it here.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
The coaching staff has to go, and sadly if that includes Pete then so be it, something I never thought I’d say.
Tired of hearing the excuses and coach speak for this staffs failures of late.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Schneider made one good move, he (according to the FO) was the driving force behind the drafting of Wilson.

That brought us a SB, to a 2nd SB and likely a few years of dominant play.

But, for the most part he is average to below average. His great draft picks were all acquired while Scott was on the staff and miraculously vanished once Scott left. The same Scott that brought the 49ers to being a great team.

Schneider is a guy that made a really good move with Wilson, and has been tremendously spotty otherwise for YEARS.

Pete looks like the game passed him by completely. Maybe he could work his magic if he had great coordinators, since he was never a great gameday tactician, but his loyalty to guys that were so terrible that nobody else wanted them means they drag him down even more.

Richard looked pretty average, but I will give him some credit for being able to produce once we lost a few HOF players off our defense.

Bevell, is essentially our SB curse.

Cable is a guy that was famous for grabbing guys off the streets and teaching them to dive into defenders' knees. Once they started outlawing that play and focusing more on flagging those types of blocks, Cable has been pretty much worthless. He is like the George Constanza of OL coaches, if there is a player he really likes - you probably need to do the exact opposite and avoid that player like the plague. Maybe we should ask Cable who he doesn't like at all in the draft and then trade everything to get that guy. With all the draft capital we have wasted on guys Cable likes, we should probably stop letting him get guys he likes.

That above list is a lot for any team to overcome, so I doubt we will.

vigilantgrrl

Reaction score
I think the problem is more Pete than Schneider. Remember......It was Pete that hired Schneider which is unheard of. I still have faith in Schneider. If Schneider was in total control of the draft and personnel......we would be drafting a quarterback almost every year to develop like the way Green Bay or the Patriots have done. The Offensive line wasted picks I hang squarely on Cable. So much wasted draft capital. Same thing with the lack of a running game....hang that on Cable. Alex Collins never given a chance and the job handed to Rawls who has been invisible this year. I think the Malik McDowell pick is something to hang on Pete too. Pete has got to go. This team is no longer playing for him.

OP
OP
dopeboy206

dopeboy206

Reaction score
Both Pete and Schneider are equally at fault. Oh and Bevell, Cable...ect.