Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

How come nobody believes we can do it.....except

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • the gamblers? Despite our injuries I have a hunch we might pull this off. It will be close but with the noise like Goff has never heard we just might have a chance. I know that they give Goff the plays before the noise starts. I am hoping we will scream the whole time so he cannot hear himself think. I am going tomorrow and will probably lose my voice. Go Hawks.
    BigBill1945
    NET Veteran

• BigBill1945 wrote:the gamblers? Despite our injuries I have a hunch we might pull this off. It will be close but with the noise like Goff has never heard we just might have a chance. I know that they give Goff the plays before the noise starts. I am hoping we will scream the whole time so he cannot hear himself think. I am going tomorrow and will probably lose my voice. Go Hawks.

Why does nobody believe? Have you seen the games the Seahawks have lost this year?

This isn't the 2013 Seahawks, matter of fact, the 2012 Hawks would beat this years Hawks.

The Seahawks have gotten old. Pete Carroll has been figured out by the rest of the league.

Bad draft picks haven't added to the 2011-2012 core.

This is why fans (realistic fans) no longer believe.
    "Awww, you so weak!" Richard Sherman to Joe Webb

"Uh, huh, you suck!" Richard Sherman to Pierre Garçon

"Don't f***** try me--I'm the best!" Richard Sherman

Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    TheLegendOfBoom
    NET Veteran

• TheLegendOfBoom wrote:
    BigBill1945 wrote:the gamblers? Despite our injuries I have a hunch we might pull this off. It will be close but with the noise like Goff has never heard we just might have a chance. I know that they give Goff the plays before the noise starts. I am hoping we will scream the whole time so he cannot hear himself think. I am going tomorrow and will probably lose my voice. Go Hawks.

Why does nobody believe? Have you seen the games the Seahawks have lost this year?

This isn't the 2013 Seahawks, matter of fact, the 2012 Hawks would beat this years Hawks.

The Seahawks have gotten old. Pete Carroll has been figured out by the rest of the league.

Not talking about the fans but the prognosticators. The gamblers think different. I am trying to keep optimistic. Is that realistic? Probably not. Allow me to entertain my delusions.
    BigBill1945
    NET Veteran

• BigBill1945 wrote:
    TheLegendOfBoom wrote:
    BigBill1945 wrote:the gamblers? Despite our injuries I have a hunch we might pull this off. It will be close but with the noise like Goff has never heard we just might have a chance. I know that they give Goff the plays before the noise starts. I am hoping we will scream the whole time so he cannot hear himself think. I am going tomorrow and will probably lose my voice. Go Hawks.

Not talking about the fans but the prognosticators. The gamblers think different. I am trying to keep optimistic. Is that realistic? Probably not. Allow me to entertain my delusions.

I don't blame you and understand why you would prefer to be optimistic.

Id like for this years Hawks to keep winning as well but the writing has been on the wall.

There are clearly flaws with this years team.

It isn't only the players.

Coaches need to shoulder the blame too.

Even Pete Carroll.

His "vision" or lack thereof in seeing how this years team is in disarray should be discussed.

Pete has always been keen on keeping his "system" run the ball well, and play good defense with cover 1/3.

Here's the problem with his defense:

Cover 1: is strictly man coverage. If the defense is able to win a majority of the 11 match ups, they will succeed with this coverage. Unfortunately, they can't.

Cover 3: Sherm commands and is tasked with defending the left side in both Cover 1 and Cover 3, but his presence is gone so Seattle has a tougher time playing these schemes. Cover 1/3 is Carrolls bread and butter, if it's not working, he's all out of ideas. What generally conceals Carrolls weaknesses in these two schemes are a great pass rush. Seattle is no longer a great pass rushing team. So, the defense is then exploited by an intelligent coordinator and solid QB.
    "Awww, you so weak!" Richard Sherman to Joe Webb

"Uh, huh, you suck!" Richard Sherman to Pierre Garçon

"Don't f***** try me--I'm the best!" Richard Sherman

Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    TheLegendOfBoom
    NET Veteran

• Las Vegas doesn't make odds based on who they think is going to win, they make and adjust odds to keep betting (including the payouts, obviously) as even as possible between both teams so no matter who wins, they come out ahead.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

• RolandDeschain wrote:Las Vegas doesn't make odds based on who they think is going to win, they make and adjust odds to keep betting (including the payouts, obviously) as even as possible between both teams so no matter who wins, they come out ahead.

This is true, but the house needs to make the spread reasonable so betters are willing to place money on both sides and they do adjust the spread to keep the money even on each sides.

But the perfect spread, is indeed, the ending score differential where all betters push, the house gets the vig and pays nobody.
    "Est autem fides credere quod nondum vides; cuius fidei merces est videre quod credis."
    Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe.
    (St. Augustine of Hippo)

"Perfer et obdura; dolor hic tibi proderit olim."
    (“Ovid”)
    FidelisHawk
    NET Starter

• I'm seeing a lot of experts picking Seattle
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran

• BigBill1945 wrote:the gamblers? Despite our injuries I have a hunch we might pull this off. It will be close but with the noise like Goff has never heard we just might have a chance. I know that they give Goff the plays before the noise starts. I am hoping we will scream the whole time so he cannot hear himself think. I am going tomorrow and will probably lose my voice. Go Hawks.

Noise has not been a factor for opponents in a few years...
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *

• Trust me, you’re not the only one that still believes!
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• Oh we are winning this game. I have no doubt. Really, I don't.

Maybe I should, but I really, really don't.

These games are what this team lives for. Backs against the wall, even the fans having doubts, not considered to be the better team at home, HOME game, playoff atmosphere...

Injuries, smingeries.

It may not be pretty. It may not be a route, but it will be a W.

BOOK IT.

There are three certainties in life. Death, taxes and the perpetual shuffling of the Seattle Seahawks offensive line.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Aros wrote:Oh we are winning this game. I have no doubt. Really, I don't.

These games are what this team lives for. Backs against the wall, even the fans having doubts, not considered to be the better team at home, HOME game, playoff atmosphere...

Injuries, smingeries.

BOOK IT.

I hear you :2thumbs:
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Injuries, smingeries.

BOOK IT.

Perhaps, but we will end up losing at Dallas since we are the most inconsistent team I have seen from our Hawks in years.
    kf3339
    NET Veteran

• FlyingGreg wrote:

Noise has not been a factor for opponents in a few years...

It was for Philly. I was there.
    BigBill1945
    NET Veteran

• kf3339 wrote:
    Aros wrote:Oh we are winning this game. I have no doubt. Really, I don't.

Injuries, smingeries.

BOOK IT.

Perhaps, but we will end up losing at Dallas since we are the most inconsistent team I have seen from our Hawks in years.

Now this I do agree with. They will have Elliot for this game.
    BigBill1945
    NET Veteran

Injuries, smingeries.

BOOK IT.

...lol...

I'm glad your optimism got us that win today.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

• Nothing wrong with a positive outlook and/or saying they will win a game. Doesn't have any impact. Just like assuming the worst doesn't. But, the level of enjoyment people get out of being right about a LOSS is beyond pathetic.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• SoulfishHawk wrote:Nothing wrong with a positive outlook and/or saying they will win a game. Doesn't have any impact. Just like assuming the worst doesn't. But, the level of enjoyment people get out of being right about a LOSS is beyond pathetic.

I find it very, very odd.
    www.hawk-talk.com

original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• They lost a huge game, that should be enough. Then to hear people rub it in like they knew it was coming. Lame sauce. What is the payoff for "being right?"
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• SoulfishHawk wrote:Nothing wrong with a positive outlook and/or saying they will win a game. Doesn't have any impact. Just like assuming the worst doesn't. But, the level of enjoyment people get out of being right about a LOSS is beyond pathetic.

You are missing the point. Many have been saying we are and have been regressing, only to get labelled as a bandwagon or misinformed.

In reality, those of us concerned have been paying attention to the specifics. We were the canary in the coalmine. All I want is for the team to win. When I identify something hindering that goal, I want it corrected BEFORE we get to the point the team plays like they did yesterday.

We aren't happy about a loss. Some folks have refused to see, or maybe don't possess the vision, that we have been in a decline for a few years now. It should now be readily apparent that we need to assess what changes need to be made before it gets worse, and it can definitely get worse.

This game, while horrible to watch and killed our playoff chances, should have been able to put everyone on the same page as far as knowing we need some changes. It is vindication that those of us who had identified these issues a while weren't nuts but rather correct.

My end goal is to watch my Hawks win every game they play. Obviously this won't happen, but if you want to be a champion, those are the goals you have to have.

If your goal is to do ok and just try our best, but keep all the coaches and players intact from year to year and if it results in poor performance, so be it.

If you are coasting, you are going downhill
    johnnyfever
    NET Veteran

• Fair enough. I feel like a LOT of changes need to happen.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• johnnyfever wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:Nothing wrong with a positive outlook and/or saying they will win a game. Doesn't have any impact. Just like assuming the worst doesn't. But, the level of enjoyment people get out of being right about a LOSS is beyond pathetic.

You are missing the point. Many have been saying we are and have been regressing, only to get labelled as a bandwagon or misinformed.

In reality, those of us concerned have been paying attention to the specifics. We were the canary in the coalmine. All I want is for the team to win. When I identify something hindering that goal, I want it corrected BEFORE we get to the point the team plays like they did yesterday.

We aren't happy about a loss. Some folks have refused to see, or maybe don't possess the vision, that we have been in a decline for a few years now. It should now be readily apparent that we need to assess what changes need to be made before it gets worse, and it can definitely get worse.

This game, while horrible to watch and killed our playoff chances, should have been able to put everyone on the same page as far as knowing we need some changes. It is vindication that those of us who had identified these issues a while weren't nuts but rather correct.

My end goal is to watch my Hawks win every game they play. Obviously this won't happen, but if you want to be a champion, those are the goals you have to have.

If your goal is to do ok and just try our best, but keep all the coaches and players intact from year to year and if it results in poor performance, so be it.

If you are coasting, you are going downhill

This is all well and good, but the problem with fans who want to continually repeat I predicted, I saw, I warned, and I’ve been telling you, is they end up sounding like a loud, chest thumping, self inflating fan that is so self indulgent their opinion is the only one that could possibly be right.

I can flip a coin and be right 50% of the time, wear a broken watch and be right twice a day. That doesn't make me Nostradamus, all knowing, or a football guru and it most definitely doesn't make my opinion better, or of higher value, then your’s or the fan’s next to me.

Every fan has his, or her, own opinion, not all are well thought out or rational, but they are uniquely theirs.

A little restraint will get a point across quicker and with more confirmation.
    "Est autem fides credere quod nondum vides; cuius fidei merces est videre quod credis."
    Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe.
    (St. Augustine of Hippo)

"Perfer et obdura; dolor hic tibi proderit olim."
    (“Ovid”)
    FidelisHawk
    NET Starter

• Look how many people claimed the Hawks had NO CHANCE against the Eagles? Not that they would come back and admit that they were wrong. As if their opinion is gospel or something.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:14 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information