Why did the Hawks let Hauschka go again?

droop828

Reaction score
He missed 22 attempts out of 167 for us. This guy we have now has missed 7 out of 27. That’s a pace of 43-44 misses out of 167. Twice as many as Hauschka at that rate. We had a top 5 kicker easily in the league and just let him walk? Was it solely because he had some xp misses last season?

poly1274

Reaction score
Idk about missed XP but he didn't kick the game winning FG that we tied with arizona 6-6.

He was even in his contract year and missed how many FG's last season? I think he was looking for multi year contract, and the Hawks rather had him sign a 1 year deal.

idahohawk

Reaction score
So they could sign Lacy, which might be one of the worst FA signings in a long time. This was the solution to find Pete's "physical, punishing run game." The only things it has punished is the Seahawks cap.

droop828":3gqbddzh said:
He missed 22 attempts out of 167 for us. This guy we have now has missed 7 out of 27. That’s a pace of 43-44 misses out of 167. Twice as many as Hauschka at that rate. We had a top 5 kicker easily in the league and just let him walk? Was it solely because he had some xp misses last season?

poly1274

Reaction score
idahohawk":284rmntk said:
So they could sign Lacy, which might be one of the worst FA signings in a long time. This was the solution to find Pete's "physical, punishing run game." The only things it has punished is the Seahawks cap.

droop828":284rmntk said:

Lacy's contract isnt that much dude. Compared to Jockel.

OP
OP
D

droop828

Reaction score
poly1274":2r0k2o70 said:
Idk about missed XP but he didn't kick the game winning FG that we tied with arizona 6-6.

He was even in his contract year and missed how many FG's last season? I think he was looking for multi year contract, and the Hawks rather had him sign a 1 year deal.

He missed 4 out of 37 FGs last season.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Hawks once again overreacted and didn't think he was that important after he missed that field goal in ARZ. Getting rid of Unger, Tate, and Haushka haunts this team.

12HawkFan

Reaction score
Money was reported to be the biggest issue as he signed wherever he went for 4 Mil plus a year and he had more than one team wooing him for big bucks and the Hawks just didn't have the budget to do it.

Our spendy Defensive player collection is starting to hurt us more all the time especially with so many of them unable to play due to injuries or at best can't go 100% all the time when they are on the field.

Things like this will continue to happen until the salary in-balance of the Hawks gets fixed, long term.

GO HAWKS!!!

idahohawk

Reaction score
Can we safely say at this point that our "keep the core together" philosophy didn't work? I mean in the salary cap era, no team, except the Cheatriots has thrived year after year, but our beloved LOB and "Core" on Defense surely hasn't aged well. Might as well let Kam be DC with his remaining dead $ cap hit. He won't play another down.

12HawkFan":2poo57ts said:
Money was reported to be the biggest issue as he signed wherever he went for 4 Mil plus a year and he had more than one team wooing him for big bucks and the Hawks just didn't have the budget to do it.

Our spendy Defensive player collection is starting to hurt us more all the time especially with so many of them unable to play due to injuries or at best can't go 100% all the time when they are on the field.

Things like this will continue to happen until the salary in-balance of the Hawks gets fixed, long term.

GO HAWKS!!!

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
droop828":1ms6xn8v said:
poly1274":1ms6xn8v said:

He missed 4 out of 37 FGs last season.

Yes he hit 89% of his FGs and was 7th in the league in points scored. FO wanted to save money and the hired someone who had a bad season in 2016.

The real issue is how the FO filled the position after they let SH go.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Can there be any doubt as to why he left? We were/are up against the cap. Tough decisions had to be made......and you know who made them. They took a WAG....and guessed wrong!

original poster

Reaction score
I don’t like the Walsh signing now as much as the next person, but I did when it happened.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
It actually was money based, 12HawkFan nailed it. Do think some of the posts here are fun to read.

Hauschka was very very well paid and had cost the team two critical losses, and he was a FA and there were other team priorities: i.e.: the OLine the team wanted to address. Hauschka was able to find a big deal in free agency. So they signed an allegedly strong legged kicker who had confidence issues to a 1 year minimum contract hoping to have him regain the ability and confidence he showed in his first season at Minnesota. I suspect this was thought to be a boom or bust signing and the team brought in challengers for the job during the preseason, but Walsh won. The team seemingly has not won on this boom or bust gamble.

It's apparent that Walsh either has the yips or is very bad at adjusting his angles kicking when he needs to compensate for wind, etc. He's now cost the team at least one game, and he's certainly not helped in numerous other situations crushing momentum during necessary comebacks. I suspect Walsh doesn't enjoy much team confidence either as he struggles with accuracy and has apparently lost his length. This experiment will be over after the season unless things really change. I doubt that will be likely.

getnasty

Reaction score
Nobody cared that Hauschka was leaving when he left so don't act like you thought it was a bad move now. He was mediocre, and to expensive that's why he's not here. Letting him go isn't the problem, finding a decent replacement is.

Crizilla

Reaction score
getnasty":19iw9sje said:
Nobody cared that Hauschka was leaving when he left so don't act like you thought it was a bad move now. He was mediocre, and to expensive that's why he's not here. Letting him go isn't the problem, finding a decent replacement is.

Haushka was not mediocre.

adeltaY

Reaction score
I cared. Wish we re-signed him. Someone on reddit broke down all his missed kicks last season and a huge portion of them involved bad snaps/holds. He's doing great up in Buffalo.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
getnasty":2gabg955 said:

Not true. I said we would miss Hauschka and we do. Would he be worth the money he is getting in Buffalo? That is the question for us.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
I don't think the question is 'why did we let Hauschka?' go as much as it should be 'why did we sign Walsh?'

Hauschka was going to cost money that they didn't necessarily have. Walsh signed cheap. Really quite simple.

Latest posts