Goal Line Run Defense

adeltaY

Reaction score
Anyone feel like this year when opposing teams get inside the five it's almost a guaranteed rushing TD? I feel like last year (and in 2015) with the whole "every blade of grass," mantra, the team was incredibly stout on the GL against runs. The last stand in the Pats game comes to mind, though Blount did punch a couple in before. David Johnson had his way with us at the GL at the very end of last year too. IDK, maybe it's just the contrast between the futility of us handing it off when we're on the 1 compared to what the other teams are able to accomplish.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
This is very confusing to me. Jefferson, Richardson, Bennett, Clark, and Jaren Reed on paper is one of the better lines in the NFL. Many were expecting them to be the best unit this season. Whats worse is the fact that the line is backed by an all-pro linebacker, that is also a candidate for defensive player of the year.

rossob

Reaction score
So true. I remember when a team head 3 tries from the one-yard line and they didn't get in, guess that was the Pats game. Felt like the line was good in general that season. Now it feels like every time a team tries to run they get a guaranteed 2 yards unless there is a TFL.
But our run D and DTs are still good this year so I'm not sure what the reason is.