Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

I Believe this Offensive Line is going to Gel This Week

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • It's been fits and starts, some glimpses of good things, but injuries keep throwing a monkey wrench in the works.

We've finally got some real talent on the line, and Germaine, if he would just grow up and stop it with the selfishness and idiocy! He'd be alright. The man is a physical talent, but he's a Mental Midget. Taunting a Referee? I've never heard of anything so stupid!

I know from listening to podcasts all summer, that Justin Britt led the offensive line group in training this last off season, and he busted his tail. He was all over Pocic as soon as we drafted him, the first call Joekel got when he signed was from Britt, and Justin was on Ifedi's ass this summer, trying to turn him in to a Pro. Too bad he's not a Psychologist, because that's what Germaine needs.

Justin had those guys training 5 and 6 days a week this summer, and if they could just get some consistency, they could really take off and this team could walk all over opponents, with a running game. Which is, finally, starting to appear.

Despite my optimism, I still have 2 questions about the OLine/Running Game though.

1. Why not place Ethan at Right Tackle, and Germaine at Right Guard? That way Ifedi's puny brain could handle the skill required for that position. Maybe they are seeing improvement from Ifedi at RT and are hoping he'll wrap his head around his responsibility? I dunno, but it seems like a failure to me. And why they haven't sat him, like the did with Giacomini? It worked for Breno, because it's the only thing he understood.

2. Why are they so impatient with Thomas Rawls? They need to admit that they are missing something when it comes to making decisions about the running game. Just look at Alex Collins. And look at how good Thomas has been in the past. 160 yards behind a shit line!

But as soon as Rawls makes a mistake, they yank him! They refuse to let him get the reps and settle down! instead, pulling the young man from the game and destroying his confidence! I remember early on Pete laughing and saying "You should have seen his eyes, they were big as saucers!" What's that tell you Pete? He needs reps. Or Ritalin.

Add to that, the asinine behavior of Cable, waiting until Rawls was getting dressed in the locker room, then sending someone over to tell Thomas "Take your pads off, you're not dressing for this game." Tom Cable is the "run game coordinator" correct? Choosing he dresses and who doesn't should be his responsibility. So why treat a YOUNG running back like that? Chickenshit.

I've been somewhat reticent about "Fire Tom Cable," but now I'm hoping someone hires him away. Just look at the history of this offensive line, and the STEADY deterioration of the running game! I don't know who else you could say is responsible? The only time we've had success was when we had Marshawn Lynch, and NOT because of Cable.

Tom Cable has gotten too big for his britches, and I believe he takes advantage of Pete's good nature and trust. But that's just my feelings, I have no knowledge of the situation. It's just what it looks like from the outside.

But despite my rant, I still believe this Offensive Line is about to take over the game and remain in the Top 5 to 10 lines in the NFL. I believe we will have a 100 yard rusher before the season is over and that will propel us in to, and through the playoffs.

I see Offensive Line success, In spite of Tom Cable being their coach. Sad thing is, he'll take responsibility for the improvement. When the reality is, the quality of players will be the reason this line succeeds.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy

http://ivotuk.com/
    ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *

• LIstening to John and Gee from yesterday, hour 1, 31 minutes in and Clayton asks what has happened to Thomas Rawls, and Gee says "I think he has a confidence issue."

JOHN CLAYTON -- December 14, 2017 - Hour 1

In the top 5, John and Gee discuss the latest on Seahawks injuries,

Pete Carroll backing Blair Walsh
    , the Mariners signing some relievers yesterday,

Malik McDowell's arrest video being released, and

Marcus Mariota apologizing to reporters for being short after the Titans loss to Arizona Sunday.

Then, Mike Davis joins the Professor to discuss running against the Rams defense and

Gee Scott takes us Behind the Lines

http://sports.mynorthwest.com/category/ ... hn+Clayton
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy

http://ivotuk.com/
    ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *

• Classy hawk fans calling a player "puny brain" and "selfish". However the same fans loved giacomini(spelling) rough style. Yep Ifedi has tons of flags but he is in his 2nd yr. (Good thing we didn't rid of Britt like most of the " genius" hawk fan base wanted.)

Y'all love Ethan though. He has been flagged in every game and bullrushes to the ground multiple times a game. (But, but, but he is year 1)

You guys treat ifedi like he is year 5 player. He isn't playing his position from what I've read.

I just think its funny the name calling. Stay classy.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

• I don't have good answers to these questions. Just want to say this is a great OP that I hope every Seahawks fan will read.

The offensive line has been playing much better the last few weeks against some great defensive fronts.

I think the Duane Brown trade was one of the best trade acquisitions in franchise history. The Marshawn Lynch trade was, I think, the best. Kudos to Schneider for that. Brown is having a really nice effect. Ifedi has also been improving as a tackle, while shutting down some very good edge rushers the last few weeks. And Britt is doing some great work in both the run game and pass pro.

The Rams -- led by one of the best players in the league, Aaron Donald -- will provide another formidable test this week.
    hawknation2017
    NET Veteran

• Ifedi is the most penalised in the league on a per snap basis. It takes about ten fewer snaps for him to draw a penalty on average than the guy in second place. Pocic isn't even in the top 13.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

• I would feel more confident in your assessment if we weren't facing Aaron Donald this week.
    EverydayImRusselin
    NET Veteran

• Well, they looked pretty good on the road vs. a much better D than the Rams. So, clearly they are improving overall. Though I'm long since done w/Penalty Ifedi.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• adeltaY wrote:Ifedi is the most penalised in the league on a per snap basis. It takes about ten fewer snaps for him to draw a penalty on average than the guy in second place. Pocic isn't even in the top 13.

Tackles typically get more penalties than other positions. I predicted before the season that Ifedi would be beset with penalties this year due to compensating for his lack of ideal lateral agility for the tackle position. Unfortunately, there was no better option this year at RT than Ifedi. Next year there could be with Brown and Fant at the tackle positions and Ifedi inside.
    hawknation2017
    NET Veteran

• Yeah, the vast majority of most penalized players are tackles due to the higher degree of difficulty than you mentioned. Still, I think Pocic has been noticeably better than Glow or Aboushi.

Also, great point on Duane Brown. He was manhandling the Jags pass-rushers most of the game. Not a sight we've been accustomed to seeing since maybe Okung's probowl year.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

• adeltaY wrote:Yeah, the vast majority of most penalized players are tackles due to the higher degree of difficulty than you mentioned. Still, I think Pocic has been noticeably better than Glow or Aboushi.

Also, great point on Duane Brown. He was manhandling the Jags pass-rushers most of the game. Not a sight we've been accustomed to seeing since maybe Okung's probowl year.

Early Christmas present,reasonably healthy Duane,Bobby and K.J.,please Santa.
    daveyoung52
    NET Rookie

• adeltaY wrote:Ifedi is the most penalised in the league on a per snap basis. It takes about ten fewer snaps for him to draw a penalty on average than the guy in second place. Pocic isn't even in the top 13.

No pocic is just on his back. Lmao
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

• And brown trade was just a huge get that has sorta been overlooked due to hawks dwindling playoffs chances.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

• Pocic at least gets in the pass rusher's way when he gets beat. Joeckel has gotten beaten in spectacular fashion more times than Ethan. No reason to hate on the kid, his technique is good and there's no reason to believe he can't put on strength and be a great guard for us. He's also playing out of position, he was a center in university. Ifedi at least played tackle for a few years in university so the position isn't as unfamiliar to him.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

• They need to gel this week, or the team is in deep doo.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• adeltaY wrote:Pocic at least gets in the pass rusher's way when he gets beat. Joeckel has gotten beaten in spectacular fashion more times than Ethan. No reason to hate on the kid, his technique is good and there's no reason to believe he can't put on strength and be a great guard for us. He's also playing out of position, he was a center in university. Ifedi at least played tackle for a few years in university so the position isn't as unfamiliar to him.

This is ifedi's first yr playing at tackle. He is #1 in flags. The other top 5? All tackles playing tackle for first time.

So technically we got people in here calling him all sorts of names when he never has played RT in the NFL before this year. It isn't a coincidence that all the top 5 most flagged guys are first year tackles.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

• adeltaY wrote:Pocic at least gets in the pass rusher's way when he gets beat. Joeckel has gotten beaten in spectacular fashion more times than Ethan. No reason to hate on the kid, his technique is good and there's no reason to believe he can't put on strength and be a great guard for us. He's also playing out of position, he was a center in university. Ifedi at least played tackle for a few years in university so the position isn't as unfamiliar to him.

Seems like your picking and choosing who you like and your reasoning behind it. Just like a lot of members on here when Ifedi is mentioned. Yes, he is the most penalized player. He is also playing RT in the NFL for first time in his second yr.

So facts are:

Ifedi first year at tackle. Most flags in NFL. Top 5 most flagged players are all FIRST YEAR players at tackle position. Regardless if he is second year, he is first year as RT in the NFL.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

• Yes, but the difference between Ifedi and the others is substantial. I actually think that if he cleaned up the flags, he would exceed expectations for this year. He's been pretty solid in pass protection.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

• adeltaY wrote:Yes, but the difference between Ifedi and the others is substantial. I actually think that if he cleaned up the flags, he would exceed expectations for this year. He's been pretty solid in pass protection.

My whole point is he is first year at tackle. All others in the top 5 are tackles learning in first yr.

Is Ethan a bust to me? No.

Ifedi? Nope.

Why? Its too early. Both are playing in the NFL at that position for the first time.

So why does one get a pass? But the other is called "stupid, dumb, puny brain,etc"

Kind of seems first year tackles in the NFL get penalized the most by stats.

Just like Ethan having issues. Let them learn before you question their IQ.

Give it a cpl yrs.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

• Wouldn't it be nice to not take 14 games every season for the line to "gel"?
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *

• I really can't believe there's still any Seahawk fans who still believe in Cables O-lines.

Definition of insanity: trying the same exact thing over and over again and expecting different results
    ImageImageImageImageImage
    WhyDidntWeRun.jpg
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran

• Crizilla wrote:Definition of insanity: trying the same exact thing over and over again and expecting different results

This is the most overused cliché crap of a phrase I've ever heard.

It's also not even close to the actual definition of insanity.

Lol stop.
    2016/2017 Adopt-A-Rookie: CJ Prosise, Quill Griffin
    2016/2017 Adopt-A-UDFA: Lene Maiava, Jordan Roos
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

• Crizilla wrote:I really can't believe there's still any Seahawk fans who still believe in Cables O-lines.

Definition of insanity: trying the same exact thing over and over again and expecting different results

Agreed. Ifedi is the worst offensive tackle I have ever seen. I don't care if its his first year. When your that bad, take a seat and get somebody else out there. It cant be any worse.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Starter

• I didn't call him any of those things, I just think the penalties are alarming is all. He is also not a trash player, he is pretty good in pass protection and improving.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

• Cable is a piece is ish human being.

He is trash with little or no redeeming value in him breathing.

Not because of his production as an OL because he is a worthless and vile piece of crap.

Look at how he conducted himself in his other stops. Look at what he was accused of, look at how he talks to others or handles others.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

• pittpnthrs wrote:
    Crizilla wrote:I really can't believe there's still any Seahawk fans who still believe in Cables O-lines.

Agreed. Ifedi is the worst offensive tackle I have ever seen. I don't care if its his first year. When your that bad, take a seat and get somebody else out there. It cant be any worse.

You must not watch football then. IDC how you guys spin it but most of your talk is just that. So I googled top tackles in the NFL. Out of the the 4 top tackles in league talked about, ifedi has given up the 2nd fewest sacks. Highest in flags by far. However, most these guys are vets and had penalty filled seasons with more sacks allowed then ifedi.

So really all tackles usually struggle with high flags plus sacks early in their career. Here are some examples below.

Ifedi has given up 2.5 sacks so far. 102 penalty yards allowed. 1st yr as tackle.

Tyron Smith is considered a all pro RT for the Dallas cowboys.

He has given up 2 sacks and 61 penalty yards in two less games. This is his 6th yr at tackle. Worst sacks allowed? His first 3 yrs. Allows 4.5 sacks a year on average.

Donald Penn has given up 3 sacks and 37 penalty yards in his 10th season. His worst flagged years? His first 4 years all while allowing 8.5 sacks on average.

Joe Staley has given up 4.5 sacks and 10 penalty yards in his 10th yr.

You know what Staley's worst flagged years were? His first 4 years all while averaging 8.5 sacks allowed.

Andrew Whitworth has allowed 5 sacks this yr and only 3 flags for 23yds in his 11th yr. His most flagged years minus one year? Early in his career while allowing 5.5 sacks on average.

Duane brown gave up 28 sacks in his first 4 seasons at tackle, but with minimal flags. Halfway through his career is when he became really dominant allowing 7 in last 4 years.

So if ifedi can cut down on flags(like most do on this list) ifedi allows less sacks then most of them. Brown and smith were the only ones minimally flagged early in career.

So this whole theory on him is blown up. Most tackles early in career get flagged....a lot. Most give up tons of sacks.

Here is first round pick Garret Bolles 11 flags for 96 yds and 7.5 sacks allowed.

Anyways I'm sure these facts won't stop the witch hunt but I'm trying to provide stability and stats. Its too early for bust label.
    Last edited by Shanegotyou11 on Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

• Pocic has allowed 2 sacks in 8 games and 45 penalty yds. So he is doing pretty well IMO too.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

• A consistent running game would be really helpful this week.
    Thomas Paine: To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead
    Seafan
    NET Veteran

• pittpnthrs wrote:
    Crizilla wrote:I really can't believe there's still any Seahawk fans who still believe in Cables O-lines.

Maybe you have a short memory, i've got a name for you, Garry Gilliam. :irishdrinkers:
    907Hawk
    NET Starter

• 907Hawk wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:

Maybe you have a short memory, i've got a name for you, Garry Gilliam. :irishdrinkers:

I stand corrected. :D
    pittpnthrs
    NET Starter

• Shanegotyou11 wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:

You must not watch football then. IDC how you guys spin it but most of your talk is just that. So I googled top tackles in the NFL. Out of the the 4 top tackles in league talked about, ifedi has given up the 2nd fewest sacks. Highest in flags by far. However, most these guys are vets and had penalty filled seasons with more sacks allowed then ifedi.

Come on man. You do realize we have the most elusive QB in the NFL don't you? Speaking of watching football, do you not see the constant beating Ifedi receives from the opposition? Its glaring and hard to miss. Also, there's a reason he leads the league in penalties,,,its called lack of talent. He receives the penalties trying to compensate for it. He's absolutely awful and I cant believe anybody would try to defend him.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Starter

• Shanegotyou11 wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:

So really all tackles usually struggle with high flags plus sacks early in their career. Here are some examples below.

Ifedi has given up 2.5 sacks so far. 102 penalty yards allowed. 1st yr as tackle.

He has given up 2 sacks and 61 penalty yards in two less games. This is his 6th yr at tackle. Worst sacks allowed? His first 3 yrs. Allows 4.5 sacks a year on average.

Donald Penn has given up 3 sacks and 37 penalty yards in his 10th season. His worst flagged years? His first 4 years all while allowing 8.5 sacks on average.

You know what Staley's worst flagged years were? His first 4 years all while averaging 8.5 sacks allowed.

Andrew Whitworth has allowed 5 sacks this yr and only 3 flags for 23yds in his 11th yr. His most flagged years minus one year? Early in his career while allowing 5.5 sacks on average.

Duane brown gave up 28 sacks in his first 4 seasons at tackle, but with minimal flags. Halfway through his career is when he became really dominant allowing 7 in last 4 years.

So if ifedi can cut down on flags(like most do on this list) ifedi allows less sacks then most of them. Brown and smith were the only ones minimally flagged early in career.

So this whole theory on him is blown up. Most tackles early in career get flagged....a lot. Most give up tons of sacks.

Here is first round pick Garret Bolles 11 flags for 96 yds and 11.5 sacks allowed.

Anyways I'm sure these facts won't stop the witch hunt but I'm trying to provide stability and stats. Its too early for bust label.

I follow your line of thinking but you are leaving out one, major, HUGE factor. The QB.
    Russell is the sole reason Tom Cable is still employed.
    Love, Peace & Elbow Grease. Let's ROLL, Hawks!
    hgwellz12
    NET Veteran

• Maelstrom787 wrote:
    Crizilla wrote:Definition of insanity: trying the same exact thing over and over again and expecting different results

This is the most overused cliché crap of a phrase I've ever heard.

It's also not even close to the actual definition of insanity.

Lol stop.

I didn't actually expect people to think I pulled out a dictionary and copied the literal definition. It fits what we are talking about though. The o line wasn't even good when we won the super bowl
    ImageImageImageImageImage
    WhyDidntWeRun.jpg
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran

• I read a tweet, can't find it now though, that most of the top penalized players are first and second year linemen, majority tackles. Garrett Bowels is second, and only two behind the leader, Ifedi. Not that some or a lot of his penalties aren't stupid, but these young linemen are facing talent on a weekly basis, the likes of which haven't been seen. Not an excuse for him, but he is hardly an isolated case.

Pocic's strength is what will keep him from the tackle spot, for now. The big knock on him coming out of college was his lack of strength, and it shows up on film.
    Click the link, I dare you! You will love it!!!!
    https://youtu.be/RTycAlWhrt8

https://youtu.be/RaqSNpWDyCc
    Jimjones0384
    NET Veteran

• Eliminate the zone blocking scheme and RBs will be successful. Hell, there might even be a way to get a bubble screen to the LOS instead of a loss.
    Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

• hgwellz12 wrote:
    Shanegotyou11 wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:

Here is first round pick Garret Bolles 11 flags for 96 yds and 11.5 sacks allowed.

I follow your line of thinking but you are leaving out one, major, HUGE factor. The QB.
    Russell is the sole reason Tom Cable is still employed.

So is dak. I knew ppl would bring elusive part up. Russ also runs into sacks then. IDC about cable. I'm comparing how ifedi stacks up vs top tackles. Dude isn't garbage like ppl want or think.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

• pittpnthrs wrote:
    Shanegotyou11 wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:

Come on man. You do realize we have the most elusive QB in the NFL don't you? Speaking of watching football, do you not see the constant beating Ifedi receives from the opposition? Its glaring and hard to miss. Also, there's a reason he leads the league in penalties,,,its called lack of talent. He receives the penalties trying to compensate for it. He's absolutely awful and I cant believe anybody would try to defend him.

Its not far off the course for other other young tackles. I just gave you stats of Ifedi vs top tackles. You also realize Ifedi has some flags called on him due to Russ running around and leaving a good pocket. Russ also saves sacks.

I can't believe the blind hate makes ppl just ignore the stats. The stats are ifedi isn't far off and isn't the "worst" tackle like you proclaimed.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

• FlyingGreg wrote:Wouldn't it be nice to not take 14 games every season for the line to "gel"?

Yeah it's pretty much the same story every year. Line looks historically awful for the first 6-8 games, then gradually progresses to merely below average by the end of the season. Then no matter how much continuity we have it's always back to square 1 at the beginning of the next season.
    ducks41468
    NET Rookie

• Jimjones0384 wrote:I read a tweet, can't find it now though, that most of the top penalized players are first and second year linemen, majority tackles. Garrett Bowels is second, and only two behind the leader, Ifedi. Not that some or a lot of his penalties aren't stupid, but these young linemen are facing talent on a weekly basis, the likes of which haven't been seen. Not an excuse for him, but he is hardly an isolated case.

Pocic's strength is what will keep him from the tackle spot, for now. The big knock on him coming out of college was his lack of strength, and it shows up on film.

Yea I saw that tweet too. The stats I provided of top tackles also struggled in their early years. Actually gave up triple the sacks ifedi has. I mean compare him to bolles(96 yds of flags and 11.5 sacks allowed)

But it doesn't help the ppl who want ifedi as a bust. I just provided the stats of tackles and it got ignored.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

• If ifedi is a bust, pocic is a bust.

Simple as that. But, but,but.

First yr ifedi 5.5 sacks and 31yds allowed at guard.

First yr pocic on pace for 5 sacks allowed and 91yds of flags.

So pocic .5 sack less and triple the flags with a better line then ifedi had. Compare the lines.

But pocic isn't a bust to me either. I'm just showing the blind hate you guys have.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

• With Kearse gone and Lane not playing, Ifedi has turned into the new whipping boy around here. While he does make some dumbass plenties he's not as bad as many make him out to be. He's not good either.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

• Tyron Smith is playing pretty damn hurt this year so that's an unfair comparison. He's also an LT, not RT. Ifedi is fine as a player, the flags are unacceptable and way too frequent. Both can be true.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

• adeltaY wrote:Tyron Smith is playing pretty damn hurt this year so that's an unfair comparison. He's also an LT, not RT. Ifedi is fine as a player, the flags are unacceptable and way too frequent. Both can be true.

Yeah, but the obvious will be lost because the new found stats fit his narrative. Lets not take into account the other tackles QB, receiver route trees, etc,,,. Ifedi constantly gets destroyed and no stats can cover that up regardless if it results in a sack or not.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Starter

• Shanegotyou11 wrote:
    Jimjones0384 wrote:I read a tweet, can't find it now though, that most of the top penalized players are first and second year linemen, majority tackles. Garrett Bowels is second, and only two behind the leader, Ifedi. Not that some or a lot of his penalties aren't stupid, but these young linemen are facing talent on a weekly basis, the likes of which haven't been seen. Not an excuse for him, but he is hardly an isolated case.

Yea I saw that tweet too. The stats I provided of top tackles also struggled in their early years. Actually gave up triple the sacks ifedi has. I mean compare him to bolles(96 yds of flags and 11.5 sacks allowed)

But it doesn't help the ppl who want ifedi as a bust. I just provided the stats of tackles and it got ignored.

I hear ya. Go Hawks!
    (Edit) thanks for the stats, BTW.
    Click the link, I dare you! You will love it!!!!
    https://youtu.be/RTycAlWhrt8

https://youtu.be/RaqSNpWDyCc
    Jimjones0384
    NET Veteran

• Shanegotyou11 wrote:
    Jimjones0384 wrote:I read a tweet, can't find it now though, that most of the top penalized players are first and second year linemen, majority tackles. Garrett Bowels is second, and only two behind the leader, Ifedi. Not that some or a lot of his penalties aren't stupid, but these young linemen are facing talent on a weekly basis, the likes of which haven't been seen. Not an excuse for him, but he is hardly an isolated case.

Bolles has 7.5 sacks allowed according to WaPo sports, not 11.5. Penalty yards are spot on. He's also blocking for some truly awful QBs in Simon, Lynch, and Osweiler. Also, AFC West so he has to go up against Bosa/Ingram, Houston, and Mack. Could mean he has a harder job than Ifedi.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

• pittpnthrs wrote:Yeah, but the obvious will be lost because the new found stats fit his narrative. Lets not take into account the other tackles QB, receiver route trees, etc,,,. Ifedi constantly gets destroyed and no stats can cover that up regardless if it results in a sack or not.

Wow, new found stats or unknown to you? Fits his narrative or is contrary to yours?

I’m now in a real dilemma, should I believe the statistical reality or your much more informative opinion. After all if enough people say Germain is constantly getting destroyed often enough and loud enough, it has to be true, because...
    "Est autem fides credere quod nondum vides; cuius fidei merces est videre quod credis."
    Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe.
    (St. Augustine of Hippo)

"Perfer et obdura; dolor hic tibi proderit olim."
    (“Ovid”)
    FidelisHawk
    NET Starter

• pittpnthrs wrote:
    adeltaY wrote:Tyron Smith is playing pretty damn hurt this year so that's an unfair comparison. He's also an LT, not RT. Ifedi is fine as a player, the flags are unacceptable and way too frequent. Both can be true.

Yeah, but the obvious will be lost because the new found stats fit his narrative. Lets not take into account the other tackles QB, receiver route trees, etc,,,. Ifedi constantly gets destroyed and no stats can cover that up regardless if it results in a sack or not.

Most new tackles suck with flags and sacks. Ifedi sucks with flags. Ifedi is ahead if the curve for allowing sacks.

And you wanna bring up route trees? You realize about 25% of ifedi flags are from Wilson running around outside the pocket that was clean as well?
    Last edited by original poster on Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Reason: Attack the post, not the poster.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

• Jimjones0384 wrote:
    Shanegotyou11 wrote:

I hear ya. Go Hawks!
    (Edit) thanks for the stats, BTW.

Your welcome. Stats are being ignored. They want opinions.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

• adeltaY wrote:
    Shanegotyou11 wrote:

Bolles has 7.5 sacks allowed according to WaPo sports, not 11.5. Penalty yards are spot on. He's also blocking for some truly awful QBs in Simon, Lynch, and Osweiler. Also, AFC West so he has to go up against Bosa/Ingram, Houston, and Mack. Could mean he has a harder job than Ifedi.

Yea I didn't mean 11.5 but I was going through a lot of tackles. Good edit. Thanks.

Yep he does. Still we are making reasons why. Facts are ifedi is better then the haters want to admit.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

• Sad thought that week 15 is when they gel.
    ~ HOLY CATFISH ~
    MD5eahawks
    NET Veteran

• It was a nice thought while it lasted...
    The_Z_Man
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:23 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information