2010 vs 2017 Team philosophy

seabowl

Reaction score
I was thinking about how this team, since Pete and John came here, has changed over time especially with the way the team has been run.

We all know how bad the team was at the start of this regime. With incredible skill for picking the best players for the Hawk system, and a an insatiable appetite to make as many moves needed to find diamonds in the rough, they accomplished what most in NFL history only dreamed of doing. Taking a pretty bad squad and within a few years winning it all.

On top of all the moves Pete brought not only the enthusiasm but also a commanding presence where you do things my way or the highway. This way of thinking was the reason for many of the moves that were made. He and John weren't afraid to make a tough cut, change a coach, or reprimand when needed.

Oh how times have changed. On offense it seems that he is almost paralyzed to admit mistakes whether it's the O line philosophy fiasco or the never ending commitment to Bevell. Separately on D some of the teams best players run amok and do whatever they want and to the detriment to the team.

Look, I love that Pete and John brought a championship to Seattle, something that I thought may never happen in my lifetime. However, they seemed to have gone away from the philosophy that got them that championship. I still believe in their abilities to find players, coach them and hold accountable when needed but on a whole it's been missing the last few years.

Pete seems to always talk about having a plan. I hope that he and John go back to their original plan on how they originally built the Hawks into the powerhouse they once were.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
More proof today of the differences between when Pete/John first got here vs now.